Autoimmune Disorders Community
What does a P ANCA atypical result mean?

I just got word that my P ANCA result was atypical  and was wondering what that may mean...have posted in the past but this is the first time the tests has actually found something.....won't be seeing the Dr though for another week or so and I would like to be prepared and have some background for him since I was the one to suggest to him to run the test in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi again. Some help here for you, for when you go back to your GP.
Speckled FANA, are seen in SLE, MCTD, Scleroderma, Sjorgens, etc,,,,

Also now you have atypical P-ANCA, further evaluation needs to be carried out,
The P-ANCA, positive, is usually found in Glomerulonephritis,,,, Polyarteritis Nodosa,,, Churg-Strauss Vasculitis,,, Henoch-Schonlein Purpura,,, and not least Temporal Arteritis.
The trigeminal neuralgia and migraines you are suffering now could be a symptom, off the underlying condition.
I would check out the illnesses, ive listed up above, and see if any off them relate to you.

Now for further evaluation, i would be asking for the following.
Ribonucleoprotein, (Anti-RNP)
Anticentromere Antibody
Anti-Ds DNA
Myeloperoxidase (MPO ANCA)
Anti-La (Anti-SSB)
Scl-70kD kinetochore (Anti-Topoisomerase1)

Remember, you are here to get better, your doctor wont think you are mad, infact he should be proud of you trying to find the answers for him.lol
Bring all the past tests forward, he will get a better picture.
Good luck,
Keep me posted
Nicola.
PS, if it does turn out to be a form off vasculitis, i have a friend who runs a support group for vasculitis sufferers, and also deals in treatments, and goes round the world on his interest in vasculitis. So i could get hold off some great information for you,
If you could message me with all your symptoms, from start to finish, then i could maybe ask what tests need to be done, and what to ask for.
I know a bit about vasculitis, but my friend is an expert.
Best wishes
Hi.
Thanks for the friend invite first.
A P ANCA atypical, needs further evaluation, but i have heard of P ANCA atypical in other disorders like SLE, and other inflammatory illnesses, along with Vasculitis.

I would say you need maybe a biopsy for a proper diagnosis.

At least this is a starting point for your doctor, to work on, also there are different forms of vasculitis too,
Have you had an ANA bloodtest also?
Also have you had your kidneys checked?

I hope this has helped, at least your doctor has found his starting point, and needs to look further now.

Nicola
Hi again!  
LOL   Ah great minds thinks alike  :)  went back and checked blood work I had done in August...had an ANA test done then..ANA came back negative on all except FANA part..... it came back positive .....a reference range of negative with a  Titer of 1:40 and the FANA pattern was speckled.  That's not a good thing from what I can interpret..studied patterns from journals I found on FANA patterns online and what they could mean am still having problems with some brain function though its alot better than it was...think that's a throwback from the tooth via blood infection I had gotten. lol... have also ended up with trigeminal neuralgia and migraines from all this...nothing having a 6 month long headache..got topamax to tame that now.  

How mad do you think the dr would be at me for bringing up the old test to him?  I'm beginning to feel like I'm doing more of the legwork on this than he is! lol

Ribonucleoprotein, (Anti-RNP)
Anticentromere Antibody
Anti-Ds DNA
Myeloperoxidase (MPO ANCA)
Anti-La (Anti-SSB)

Good luck,
Keep me posted
Nicola.
Best wishes
this test comes positive in autoimmune disorder. Sjogren, mixed connectiver tissue disorder and SLE. I have this test positive with speckled ANA titer of 1:80. It is so sad to see that this diagnosis gets delayed before physician would tell you. I had done extensive research on my own regarding my medical condition. It has been more than ten years now that I have been sick and final diagnosis has not been made. I have been to doctor to doctor; huge variety of lab test for the last ten years; tremendous money has been spent on imaging studies. Since I am a pharmacist with three other bechelors and master degrees in chemistry, biology and I grew up in the family of a physician. I already knew in what direction I have to go in order to help myself on my own. I was young at that time and doctors ingnored by saying "you are too young" for my complaints. and Now ten years later, "it is aging process, what do you expect" is the comment from them. For auto immune disorder to start in my case was emotional distress, being victimized multiple times intentionally by cruel people, and later blood transfusion which victimized me with notorious virus infections. I found out later that when you receive blood transfusion, virus infections such as EBV and CMV are not tested and blood recever can be innocently infected with these viruses. People who are infected with EBV are more prone to have SLE