What does a positive RNP antibody mean?
Hello all,

I am not sure if anyone can help me but I recently had some blood work done and had some questions about the results.

I had a positive ANA a couple of years ago, but it was never titered out. I started seeing a new doctor last week who ordered an ANA reflex (ENA I believe it was called). The ANA was still positive with no titer. The only antibody that was positive was the RNP. The range was supposed to be 0 to .9, and mine was a 3.

My question is does a positive RNP mean an almost definite diagnosis of Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder? Is there anything else it could indicate?

Also, if anyone has MCTD, I was wondering how this effects pregnancies? I am 26 years old and planning on possibly having children in the next few years and was wondering how it would effect this.

I appreciate any advice. If it matters my symptoms are generally feeling ill, bad joint pains, frequent stomach problems, to name a few... and they only are bad when I am under high amounts of stress.
I had the same results and it turned out to be Celiac Disease.  This is an old post so hope you figured it out by now.
Hi- I had a negative ANA but a positive RNP at 6.9....?? any ideas. Symptoms keep getting worse, MS like symptoms but with terrible joint pain. Any thoughts ??