Autoimmune Disorders Community
"all autoimmune disease is rooted in the gut" Is this true?

I saw this site that said, "all autoimmune disease is rooted in the gut!"  It's about a GAPS diet, where you eliminate all grains and double sugars and it will heal your gut.  I don't think I'm going to try this diet, but do all autoimmune diseases come from the gut.  Does anyone have any thing positive to say about a diet like this?  For the last few months I've been avoiding gluten because it seems to make my digestion feel better.
For myself I feel fine, but I have a auto-immune disease my doctor can't figure out:

My abnormal readings were as follows:
ALT=78
Direct Bilirubi .3 mg/dL
Platelets 114 K/uL
MPV 9.3 fL
SSB 96 Units
I also recently got vitillago and it's hereditary.  I'm 40/male.  My mom also has vitillago and low platelets.
Sorry the link to that article was:
http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/heal-your-autoimmune-disease-now/
I don't know about all of that, but I do know that eliminating genetically-modified foods from my diet took my arthritis from unbearable to a minor annoyance.
It can't hurt to try it. A friend had great success 'curing' her lupus. It was still there but the symptoms lessened dramatically.

I love tea with sugar and milk and pasta so  I refuse to give that up. My father has changed to gluten free as he says he feels much better, he also has no diagnosed disorder but no longer gets joint pain and tummy problems.

I wonder about all the chemicals that are in food. Sure they test them but they don't test them in combination. With autism, infertility, cancer and autoimmune on the rise. You have to question what we are doing.

I have lupus and vitiligo preceded diagnosis by five years.

I wish you answers soon. Sometimes no knowing I'd hard.

Jm
I think I'll just avoid gluten and keep eating healthy.  I've heard those liquid diet would just provide temporary results and I'm currently feeling fine.
"all autoimmune disease is rooted in the gut!"  

- well its certainly gaining popularity, but not from the medical "industry" whos studies are many times sponsored by pharmaceutical companies. Why cure an autoimmune disease when you can make lifetimes of profits?

It doesn't hurt to try eliminating certain foods. Gluten, grains, lactose and sugar that feeds bacterial overgrowth and gut Candida can make some feel better even if it does not change their autoimmune issues.

I have Hoshimoto but eliminating gluten didnt do much. Eliminating cows milk and processed luncheon meats helped digestion but not my Hashimoto symptoms. Less sugar also makes me feel better.

Why is it that the USA has more autoimmune increases that countries with less processed foods?

Remember, once science said the Earth was flat, until a little known sailor proved them wrong.
i think its much more than that