ana positive?
My history. (I'll try to keep it short)
I'm a 40 yr old female. I've had headaches for the last 8 yrs. Neck and shoulder pain has been for the last 8 yrs also. My left arm goes numb and tingles, my veins swell and sometimes stay bulged in my fingers for weeks at a time, i just had one in my left foot ( the toe by my big toe) the dr froze it and stuck a needle in it to see if it would break? I couldn't walk on it for a few weeks until it went away.
I've been in massage and physiotherapy during that time which does that the pain away a bit. I have developed tinnitus in the left ear in the last few years, it's getting louder and more muffled. I did have a leakage come from my nose once in awhile when i bent over and lifted back up but i'm not sure what that was, just thought I would mention it. I have had CT scans and saw a neurologist and he said there was no nerve damage in my wrist? but he said he would bet it was my rotator cuff. I just had new blood work done and tested positive for ana. I will be going to see a rheumatologist but it takes a few months to get in.  Does anyone else here have these issues? just wondering.. it's been going on so long. thanks for listening.
Some time it takes the right doctor and the right test to get to what is wrong with yourself. When you see the rheumo doc ask him about lupus and a thing called anticardiolipin antibodies. I have both and some of the things you said I can relate to. Yet everyone is different. I was wondering how the sun effects you and if you notice a small cold turns into something much worse?
Thanks for reading,
I don't get colds often, which I thought was weird. If I do it lasts a few days and is gone. The sun doesn't bother me, although I don't spend a lot of time outside. The anticardiolipin antibodies sounds interesting, I'm going to do some reading on it and see if any of it applies to me. Thanks for the info!!