b12 deficiency
I am currently 21 wks pregnant and was diagnosed as b12 deficient two yrs ago, following a late miscarriage.  I have been having quarterly injections and taking b12 supplements daily but my last blood count for b12 was 2000.  Anyone know why it would be so high?  Docs not worried but has sent me for another count before I get my next injection.  Could it be I don't need these injections anymore.  No tests were done to see why I was deficient just said because my elderly mother has them, it must be genetic.  I am 38 though and she never started injections until she was 70

thanks for the help

mandy
I looked into this as I had a weird, high B-12 reading for no reason...
but apparently high B12 is not damaging.
http://women.emedtv.com/vitamin-b12/vitamin-b12-overdose.html
Was your intrinsic factor tested? As long as your have problems with that, you will need the shots or patchs.
Good luck.
thanks... no tests have been done to see why I need this, so I am just waiting on the results of my last b12 reading to see if it is still high or it has come down and then my doctor will advise from there.  again thanks for taking the time.  Out of curiosity, can you remember what your high reading was?