Autoimmune Disorders Community
could i have addissons disease

could i have addissons disease

Last year I had a severe episode of my nervous system felt as if it was shutting down and discovered that i have severe hypoglycemia the doctor said my blood sugar drops 60 - 80 points within 1-2 hrs by the results of my 4 hour glucose test, i always have low blood pressure and i constantly crave salt, but what worries me the most is that i work at a bank and money carries a lot of germs but i constantly get sick the last time lasted a month and i had severe headaches all day every day for 2 weeks when i went to the doctor they said i had low blood platelets, elevated liver enzymes, flu titers were elevated and my test also showed where i had mono in the past. I have learned to control my blood sugar by a diabetic diet it now stays between 80-95 but i dont understand i take vitamins every day and i still catch every sickness could this be a result of the severe hypoglycemia or could i have addissons disease.
Welcome to the Community.  As you wait for others to answer you may want to put in some key words from your post into the Community Archives which are located on the right hand side above recent activity.  That will bring you to a wealth of information from people like yourself as well as drug and medical info you may be looking for.

Hope this helps,

C~
Have your doctor test your sodium, potassium, cortisol, renin, aldosterone and ACTH at a minimum.
Addison's is a very serious disorder. If you are craving salt, that may mean your body is not holding on to it. The low blood pressure is also a clue. It can also be an issue with your aldosterone and renin. Adrenals are very complex so you need to see an expert.

Please keep in mind that renin and ACTH are very fussy tests that require a chilled EDTA tube, spun immediately (don't let the tech just put it in a bin) and then frozen as soon as it comes out of the centrifuge. Otherwise they degrades at room temperature. I learned the hard way that lab error got in the way of some of my testing.