A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

crohns

I've been diagnosed with crohn's disease for about 25 years & take 2 grams of pentasa daily.  Lately I've been having a totally different abdominal pain. It comes on like gangbusters, makes me double up in pain.  It is a strong pain, almost like giving birth, but much more painful. It builds to a cresendo, then eases somewhat.  It can last for 2 to 5 days.  I am totally incapacitated when this happens.  After my last spell, when I was able to be upright, I went to my doctor who sent  me for an ultrasound which proved to be normal.  My bowels don't move at all when this happens although it feels like they need to empty & my tummy around my waist gets tender & blown up.  The pain is such that I break out in a sweat and feel faint and nauseous.  (to give you an idea of what I consider pain, I have my teeth drilled & filled with no pain killer, my root canal 'shot' had worn off & I told the dentist to just finish it & not to give me another shot) So, when I say severe pain, it really is unbearable.  Once the pain lets up, I am able to have a bowel movement.  I have had 4 abdominal surgeries. FIrst was tubal ligation in 1971 where they cut you from navel to pubic bone, Second was an incisional hernia at the same site.  Third was a hysterectomy where they also needed to remove my ovaties & cervix.  The last was a femoral hernia which was operated on Oct. 2009.  It was about 8  months after that when the painful bouts began.  Before that , I weighed 115 & now weigh 95.  I get a stomach ache if I eat a lot at a time.  My doctor has suggested a ct scan.  A medical professional who is a relative asked me if I  had had insusscation (or something like that).  As whatever is going on is intermittent, would a ct scan show anything when I was not having a "spell"?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank