Autoimmune Disorders Community
dizziness, nausea, fatigue, light sensitivity, headache, cold hands/fee...

dizziness, nausea, fatigue, light sensitivity, headache, cold hands/feet, joint/muscle aches, weakness, What is it?

I am a 26 y-o- Female. For the past 3 months now I have been having strange symptoms like nausea, dizziness (extreme at times), headache behind the eye and sensitivity to light, joint/muscle aches and stiffness mostly in hands and feet but occassionally like a full body flu-type attack, weakness in wrists, cold feet and hands that feel like they are plunged in ice water whenever I take a hot bath/shower, constant feeling of cold so that I just can't get warm, occasional hot flashes and chills, exhaustion and sleepiness all day but hard to stay asleep, and memory problems/disorientation like a brain "fog", flashes and shadows out of the corner of my eyes, and some other symptoms not listed. I have a history of Graves Disease diagnosed at 12 years old and treated for several years with PTU. I had a relapse at the age of 18 and had radioactive ablation of the thyroid done. I have recently seen a rhuematologist due to a slightly elevated RH factor (14) and he drew more labs to detect Lupus and other autoimmune connective tissue disorders, all of which came out negative or normal including the CCP test for rheumatoid arthritis. Though my TSH levels have been hard to keep stable (recently miscarried at 8 weeks with a TSH of 40), this last test was normal (Currently taking thyroxin 100 mcgs and Cytomel 10 mcgs) including antibody and FT4 and FT3 levels. Blood count and lIver tests were also normal. Xrays of hands and chest were normal. Opthamologist visit reported normal eyes except for slight dryness. Other than these, I have a history of repeated low vit D levels, atypical PCOS as determined by cystic ovaries on ultrasound and borderline insulin resistence, but no androgenic factors. I go to neurology in a month's time and also back to rheumatology. I know there are autoimmune disorders of the nervous system that can cause some of these symptoms, but I have not noticed numbness or nerve-like pains or extreme muscle weakness that seem to be found in most of them. I know it is possible that I have the early stages of rhuematoid arthritis as I do have a family history of it, but some of these symptoms don't seem to fit. Any ideas about what could be going on with me and further testing I need to pursue? Thank you.
Sounds like you are having a hard time.  I just wanted to say that Most of your symptoms that you listed at the begining of your post are symptoms that I have, and I have been diagnosed with Fybromylgia and just recently had an MRI of my Brian and the report reads Chiari Malformation, Chiari can cause alot of the same symptoms that Fibro causes.  Have you had a brain MRI?  If not it might be worth asking your doctor for one.

I also have had a positive ana blood test, but all the other tests for RA, Lupus,  etc. have all came back neg, so I know how you feel, it can be frustrating not knowing the exact cause of your symptoms.

I wish I could be of more help.

bdm92
Thank you for your response!

As an update: I have continued to experience the above symptoms on and off. I did have a UTI (I get them a lot!) back in Dec around the time of my post that was treated with antibiotics. Also, had high blood pressure 135 over 100 at the same time and slightly abnormal EKG at that time, but have done testing since then and heart is ok except for tachycardia, which I have had since my Graves, despite treatment. Dr. feels that blood pressure was a response to pain/stress and that it caused the abnormal EKG (stress test was normal). Rheum labs continue to be normal except for the slightly elevated RH factor (15).  Thyroid TSH was a little low now (4.2) but still within normal limits (it fluctuates constantly!). They did find elevated thyroid peroxidase antibody (96) and then most recently (54), so there is still some thyroid antibody stuff going on. I wont see endo for another month.

Neurology seems to think I am having migraines, pending the MRI, and prescribed noranatriptolyne, which makes me way too tired. I am scheduled for an MRI on Feb 7. The migraine thing doesnt sound right to me since sometimes I will have these symptoms for weeks--week-long migraines? Rhuem says I may have Reynolds syndrome causing the pain in hands/feet and the cold feelings. Gave me med basically blood pressure meds, which helped the cold in my hands and feet and some of the pain, but still achy. Seems every specialist has their own opinion about what's going on!

I also get terrible pelvic/abdominal cramping much worse around menstrual cycles, but not only at that time. Have been told as a teen I had IBS but never had tests run other than that. Going to GYN to see if they can find something, but if not, may need to speak to GI dr.      

The only new nerve-like symptoms I have been having is a sort of numbness/buzzing feeling on my lips and sometimes tongue. But it is only occasional.

I actually had a neg ANA, which is surprising to me, given the thyroid antibodies and RH factor. Do they know what is causing the Chiari malformation and are they going to change your diagnosis from fibromyagia? Which dr. gave you the fibromyalgia diagnosis?
The chiari is something that you are born with, I think it can be caused by trauma also but I am not for sure.
I have not had any change in my diagnosis, and my Rheum is the one that diag the fibro, actually two different Rheum both diag me with the Fibro.
I am going to have some more tests done next week, I will update after I find out the results.
bdm92

It sounds like you have multiple issues going on, so that makes things just a tad bit more complicated.

Some questions for you:

~ do you wake up feeling refreshed ?

~ if you push yourself one day, are you ill and/or in bed the following day ?

~ are you frequently thirsty ?

I haven't finished reading your posts but my goodness you are just falling apart! So was your thyroid completely removed then? There are something things you will need to supplement but I can guarantee you will be feeling 100% better in a week if you do.
If your thyroid was removed you should be on a dessicated thyroid supplement as well as:
High iodine supplement (12.5mg daily)
Selenium (200-400 mcg)
A really good Multi (you can find a great one at TheIodineProject.com)
Licorice root, panax ginseng, or siberian ginseng for your adrenals with is the cause of the insensitivity to light.
Cod liver oil
additional magnesium
additional chromium and vanadium

You can find more info about all this as well as my story at TheIodineProject.com .

Funny... all of the supplements that you listed (except I took fish oils), I have taken for CFS. ; ^ )
That is funny... And wonderful too that you knew to take it, has it helped you as much as it has helped me and my mother?

Yes... and these supplements are often recommended by the fibro/CFS experts. I also take ACTYL Carnitine & COQ10. I used to take a supplement (actually.. it's a sugar) called "D-Ribose".  It has been proven to be helpful for many fibro/CFS patients. It worked for approximately 6 months.. gave me extra energy and then for some reason, it stopped working for me.

Lol, that's so funny about the D-ribose, that is the first thing I told my friend about to help her with her Fibromyalgia! After that I started searching all natural things and found out about Iodine and how important that was and then also about the importance of the other supplements listed. I have also found that COQ10 is great for Fibro people, havent found out entirely why, but I know it is...

I'm glad to hear that. I am one of the Community Leaders in the fibro/CFS forum and I see many fibro patients on drugs such as Lyrica and it seems like 99% of them are not getting better. In fact, we recently had a poll in the forum and none of these people were seeing any improvements. I can't tell these people what to do, but I often suggest to them that they should consider listening to the fibro/CFS experts. Many of these experts recommend supplements such as magnesium & D-ribose.
Thyroid peroxidase antibodies are implicated in both Grave's disease and Hashimoto's Thryoiditis and they can co-exist and cause most if not all of your symptoms.  Does ablation mean you had all of your thyroid destroyed?  If not, then if there is any part of your thyroid still functioning then that could be the problem.  There are also related diseases and conditions caused by the pituitary and anterior pituitary as well as adrenal glands that can cause those problems.   The adrenal glands are involved with PCOS as well.  Vitamin D is the only vitamin that acts like a hormone inside the body and is involved with hormonal function.  So if you have something wrong with your adrenals/pituitary or thyroid it can affect your Vitamin D.  You might ask your doctor to take labs of your growth hormone, DHEA, ACTH, cortisol levels as well as test your ferritin levels since you can have iron deficiency anemia with low levels of ferritin while your hematocrit and hemoglobin appear to be normal.  I had low ferritin a few months back and it caused serious brain fog, fatigue aches and pain and I was never colder in my life.  If you are having to wear sweats to bed and pile blankets on top of that and you are still cold, my guess is you are anemic, but if they do not test your ferritin along with the hematocrit and hemoglobin they may miss it.  Two doctors missed it in me.  The third doctor did not.  He put me on an iron pill called chromagen forte and it made a huge difference within two weeks.
The radioactive ablation I had did not destroy all the thyroid cells. I still have some living cells apparently. I have not had my cortisol, ACTH, or growth hormone levels checked. Hopefully endocronology will do that this month. DHEA was ok this time. As far as I know, I do not think anyone has checked my ferritin levels. I will ask my dr about that on Fri. I did not know that the other levels could be ok, but ferritin not be. My MRI is at the end of this week.  

I have been on some of these supplements before, but not lately. It is difficult for me to tell what is working/not working lately. I did try the Maxalt for the 'migraine' headaches and saw no improvement. I think neuro looked at me, at my age, and my thyroid problems and heard that my father gets migraines and sort of lumped it all together.

I have been feeling terrible lately, hope drs figure it out sometime soon, though I must admit I'm jaded about that. When I first got Graves it took them a year to figure it out (blamed it on puberty, being female, the its all in my head treatment, you know how it goes) and even when I had my relapse years later, took me about that long to convince someone there was something wrong with me enough to even draw the right labs, even tho both times my symptoms (and disease activity) were severe! This seems to happen to me a lot, especially if my particular history and symptoms don't follow the expected textbook trajectory. *sigh*

An odd new thing that has been happening this month is periodic breakouts of mouth sores. They don't really hurt. I have one now. A coupple weeks ago I had three at one time. I have had what I call 'canker sores' throughout my life, but these new bumps/swellings are not really painful.

GYN scheduled an ultrasound at the end of the month to check for anything out of the ordinary that could be causing the pain. I know 1 in 4 women get endometriosis, and my aunt had it so bad, she had a hysterectomy, so I suppose it could be something like that, but I think they have to do a laparoscopy to check. Probably not related to my other problems?

If fribromyalgia is the cause, I am not sure who would dx it, but will keep an open mind about that possibility.
One other thing is that I do have a freckle (dark spot) on my left eye which may be getting bigger. I have an appt with opthamology next week, but at the appt I had back in Oct they said my eyes were ok, but to keep an eye on that spot. Others have also noticed that it appears to be growing. I will discuss this with them, but am aware that this sort of thing could be a melanoma in the eye like what people get on the skin. However, I'm not convinced this could be causing any of my symptoms, just something worth mentioning.
Hi Trixi,
So sorry to hear that you are going through your ordeal.  There are so many people here that have been right where you are.  I know these drs are sincere and are really trying to help.  The most valueable dr is one that will listen and maybe even do some of the test you request.

You could possible have several things going on.  

There are even tick illnesses that can cause some of this.

I agree w/ PlatletGal that you probably have more than one thing going on.  

Here is a list of things that COULD be going on:

Lymes:
fever, headache, chills, severe muscle pain, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, rash, cough, lymphadenopathy (?), arthralgia (?), stiff neck, erythema migrains (?), leukopenia (low WBC), thrombocytopenia (low platelet ?),elevated AST, elevated ALT & anemia

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever is another possiblity:
all of the above except no stiff neck, no erythema migrains, and no leukopenia.
(I ended up testing possitive to RMSF)  I was a very sick puppy last year.  Fibro, lupus and RMSF

CFID:
fatigue, headache, short-term memory loss, muscle pain, difficulty concentrating, joint pain, depression, abdominal pain, lymph node pain, sore throat, lack of restful sleep, muscle weakness, bitter or metallic taste, balance disturbance, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, panic attacks, eye pain, scratchiness in eyes, blurring of vision, double vision, sensitivity to bright lights, numbness or tingling in extremities, fainting spells, light headedness, dizziness, clumsiness, insomnia, fever or sensation of fever, chills, night sweats, weight gain, allergies, chemical sensitivities, palpitations, shortness of breath, flushing rash of the face and cheeks, swelling of the extremities or eyelids, burning on urination & hair loss.
reported to follow a # of infections like Epstein Barr, Mono, hep C, lyme, etc.

Fibromyalgia:
muscle pain, morning stiffness, insomnia, musculoskeletal pain, joint pain w/o swelling, fatigue, tingling, pricking or numbness, skin tenderness, light headedness (dizziness), fluid retention, stress or anxiety, poor memory, vocabulary problems, tender points, irritable bowel, chronic headaches, jaw pain, painful menstration, restless leg syndrome

Lupus:
fatigue, hair falling out, sores in mouth and or nose, sores in head or even on your face and other parts of your body, joint pain (sometimes w/ swelling), Raynauds (in some), cold intollerance, occasional hot flashes, muscle aches, nausea, diarrehea, severe headaches, tachycardia, weakness, heavy feeling on chest, abdomen swells, elevated ANA, rash on face. (to name a few)

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR ANA CAN BE LOW OF EVEN NEGATIVE AND IT DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE LUPUS.  THE BEST WAY TO KNOW IS SPEND TIME IN THE SUN BEFORE THEY DO LAB TO CHECK YOUR ANA.  IF YOU HAVE LUPUS, THE ANA WILL SPIKE UP, IF NOT IT WON'T AFFECT IT.

In your first post you said your TSH was 40.  Did you mean 4.0?

Another possiblity is Celiac Disease.  This is a glutten intollerance and is sometimes associated with an autoimmune disease.  Look up the symptoms to this as I'm not real familiar to this illness other than it can cause joint pain and diarrehea.

Praying for you that God lead you in your search.
UPDATE:

Hi everyone. So my MRI was normal. After seeing opthamology, the dr. reported that I had intraocular (something) dryness and some mild exophthalmos in my left eye. It is not really noticable without measurement. Also, my contact prescription needs to be much higher with astigmatism power. Dr. said dry eyes, light sensativity, and headaches, double vision can be associated with Graves Disease eye problems. I had punctal plugs placed in the eyelid to keep moisture from draining, and it has helped somewhat. When I saw rheumatology this last time, they diagnosed mixed connective tissue disease with features of rheumatoid arthritis and sjoren's (they seem to feel the dry eyes is related to this more than any exophthalmos since it is so mild, as I also have dryness in other areas), and also possible lupus features. I did have a rash on both arms that they said looks like the scarring of vasculitis. I also do have Reynaud's. I am now on hydrochloroquine and a calcium channel blocker for when i need it for the Reynauds, which is pretty painful especially in the cold. Endo pretty much said they couldn't do much about the thyroid problems and that if there is any living cells left in the thyroid, the antibodies will eventually destroy them anyway. Basically surgery or radiation of the thyroid wouldn't help get rid of the antibodies. They would still be there. So... I am assuming a lot of this has to do with rhuem's dx and the eye stuff, though not 100% sure about the dizziness in relation to all of this, but I suppose its possible. They are keeping an eye on the eye nevus (eye mole discoloration) also. The other thing is that I have a pelvic ultrasound scheduled on monday. They have recently just drawn labs to check for lyme's and hepatitis and a few other things. I'll let you know if there are any changes based on those. Thanks for all your help and concern!
I just read all of the above posts and I think Karajo gave to some good information.  Also Platletgirl with her suppliments.  One thing I would keep in mind with the suppliments is, you mentioned that your heart races at times and I think I would stay away from the Gensing if you have that going on because it will make it worse.  Sounds like you do have a mixed connective tissue disorder going on with a tendency towards lupus.  Lupus can take a very long time to diagnose and as you know can be very deceiving.  I was first dx'd with Mono and then when my Neuro. did the first real viral panel on me I came back positive for Momo, chicken pox, measles, epstein bar and cytomeglovirus.  No I didn't just have the anitobodies, I was showing positive for all of the above at the same time.  My Neuro. had the city called him and they wanted to come to my house and search it and quarentine because of a possible measles outbreak.  It was crazy!  he had to convince them that he had just seen me and I did not have the measles.  Anyway. my point is even blood tests can be misleading.  I have had an ANA of 1:1280 for the last year and a half and it suddenly went down to 1:640 and I was dancing and singing and thinking I'm getting better and the next week I was in the hospital with vasculitis of the heart.  My ANA while in the hospital was 1:1280.  So it was either a fluke or the lab messed up.  But I have to say that it sounds like you have a lot of autoimmune stuff going on.  I will tell you from experience.  I begged for a diagnosis.  I was tired of hearing what it probably was.  But the way I got my final diagnosis of Lupus was not easy.  You sometimes have to get sicker to find out what it is.  So try to be at peace ( I know, easier said then done) and live your life inbetween all these doctors visits.  I am glad you are finding some things out.  Please let me know how you are.  God Bless, Joni
I forgot to mention.  Be careful with the Plaqunil ( hydrochloroquine ).  Always take it with a full stomach.  I had and I have spoken with someone who had a weird reaction when taking it.  I had eatten a bowl of cereal but according to my Internest that wasn't a heavy enough meal.  I was like someone had popped me a drug.  I couldn't think straight, drive and was very confused.  It was my third day on it and it scared me so bad I stopped taking it.  Anyway, just my experience and one other persons I spoke with.  Eat a full meal and I'm sure you will be fine.  There are a lot of people taking it that do fine on it.
Joni
Hi Trixi,

So glad you are getting some answers.  

I'm sure they have told you that it takes a while before the Plaquenil to work.  And Joni mentioned the importance of taking it with your meal.  

Before I started Plaquenil, my hair was falling out, I was super dizzy, had been so nauseous for a year and a half (extreme nausea), along with the fatigue/weakness and joint/muscle pain.  It took about 2 weeks to see some improvement, but as each month has passed I feel better and better.  The reddness in my eyes is starting to go away finally. (have been taking it for 6 months.)  There is some diarhea (diarrhea) that goes along with the plaquenil, but I had that anyway with the lupus.  I now rarely have diarhea (diarrhea).  The first improvement I noticed was that my hair wasn't falling out as much.  The dizziness has imporved so much.  Some mornings when I'm flareing, I am dizzy.  BUT THE THING I'M MOST EXCITED ABOUT IS THE NAUSEA IS NOW GONE - I can eat!!!...and enjoy eating!!!  

Trixi, I still have flares.  But they are nothing like they were.  And they don't last very long either (just a day).  I might have one, maybe two each month.  Mornings are still ruff, but it may be because I also have fibromyalgia too.  Some mornings I have to walk with a cane untill the pain and stiffness works out.  

Do they think you still have vasculitis?  Or was that something that came and went?  

We know getting a dx of sojergrens, vasculitis and lupus is a hard pill to swallow.  I went into a depression when my dr. told me it even looked like lupus,  But just know that we are all here for you and know what you are going through.  Joni has been through much more than I. (she has also had the vasculitis in her heart).   We are all praying for you...for God to strengthen you and draw you to Himself.  Praying for your healing and for God's love to surround you.  

Kara
Update, I have to agree 100% with Karajo on the tick borne illnesses since just last week, I was diagnosed with Lyme disease.  Lyme can do so much!  So many people with Lyme are misdiagnosed with Lupus, RA, SLE, fibromyalgia, MS.  I have never had a positive ANA nor an RH factor which is why the plethora of symptoms stumped at least 8 different doctors until I finally ordered my own lab test on-line, took it to a local lab (Labcorp) and ran the first initial Lyme test which came back positive.  I figured the insurance could pay the 2nd and took it to my doctor.  He ran the EIA again as well as the Western Blot.  I came back positive on both.  I also live in a state considered low to non-existent for Lyme.  Do not believe the statistics when it comes to Lyme disease in your state.  It is under reported.  There are at least three people I know of in my state who have Lyme disease, yet last year there were only .8 cases of Lyme in my state.  Wow, not even a whole person had Lyme disease, just 1/8th of a person according to the CDC.  That isn't flawed at all, haha!  Look up the movie trailer Under Our Skin and visit ILADS for more information on Lyme.  The DVD should be out near the end of September.  I have seen the movie and it is remarkable.
I agree, when I tested positive for Rocky Mountain no one even reported it.  It made me wonder how many people with lymes get reported too.  My doctor told me that they donly think Rocky Mountain can even be found in our area and therefore they don't pay it any attention.  He wouldn't even turn it in...as well as all the others that have tested positive in his office.  What's wrong with that picture.  How many people suffer unnecessarily because they are told that disease is non-existant in their area.  Maybe if there are no ticks on your little island and that's where you stay forever.
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to mention some things in case someone else has a similar experience. After being prescribed the Plaquenil, I only took it for a week and was waiting to speak to my Rheumy again about the side effect of stomach upset and nausea that I was having. But my next appointment was months away. I started to feel a little better and even started thinking *gasp* maybe I had been overexaggerating it or something, and maybe I could be ok without any meds. After a change of insurance and a move (husband went back military), I began to feel sick again. The pain came back, complete exhaustion, and I began to get very painful stomach cramping and couldnt eat for some days. Xrays showed pretty bad constipation. So I was given meds to help with that, which I can only take on occasion or get diarrhea. We moved again, and I finally got an internal med dr. Still had the abdominal pain and constipation, and joint and muscular pains had progressed. Bad mental fog, can't remember what I'm doing half the time. ha. Abdominal CT scan showed only uterine fibroids and ovarian cysts, but labs showed ANA positive with 1:640 titer diffuse shape. So, drs say it definitely looks like Lupus now. So I'm back on the Plaquenil, and hoping if I can stick with it, it will help. We now have my husbands two kids and my 1 1/2 year old, and I'm just the kind of exhausted like I like to jokingly call "feeling like death" ha. I NEED my energy. So wanted to let those of you know that sometimes the positive ANA IS elusive in tests because I had several during the past year and a half and only recently showed.
oh, I guess the bad constipation/spasms can be from the Nervous system not working right to push everything through. Lovely, some of the things this disease does to people. Not having that problem now. With Plaquenil, everything moves right through you! ugh.
Just read this and it sounds very similar to what I've been dealing with...

low thyroid FINALLY diagnosed, taking a low dose of thyroid pills every day (still feel crappy) but my doctor tells me I'm fine :)  love it.

joint pain, dizziness, low grade fever, nausea, random severe pelvic pain (dr. thinks its IBS, hasn't tested for anything else  :)  love it.

brain fog as well and in my work I can't afford to have brain fog.  I think I was tested for RA, but nothing ever came of it...please let me know what you find out, I'm so sick of this, I'm starting to think its all in my head  :(
I was just scrolling the internet for some information about how I was feeling, and found a few sight including this one.  

I am 24 yrs old and have been dealing with dizziness or unsteadiness for almost a year, and has only gotten worse. It almost feels like I am buzzed or if I stand still I feel like my body is still going ( kinda trippy ). I have cold hands & feet almost all the time. I have gone to the doctor often, which gets pretty spendy. I have done so much to see if anyone could help which includes:
*CT Scan  - Came out Neg.
*EKG - Came out Neg.
*Chiropractor- Neg.
*Eye Doctor-Neg.
*11 tubes of blood ( testing mostly vitamin levels) low level of D, and high B-6
*Thyroide Checked- came back mild unactivethyroide, but then became to low and took me off the meds.
I have been busy paying medical bills with No answears, it starts to play with your mind alittle...    I woke up one night feeling so awkward i went to the ER....The doctor on staff was an Er doctor who told me to get an MRI done cause it could possible be MS! So I go for one in a week So we will see...and to top everything I cant sleep, I wake up in the middle of the night cause my head changed position, and get neuseas.... I also have not had a menstral in 3 months could that have effects on why its getting worse ( I took A preggo test -Neg- ) PLease Help I am going crazzzyyy you all know!!!
Hey kido,
I do know what you mean about being off balance.  I haven't gone back and read all these posts and it's been a while but I can tell you if you are Vit. D deficient you might have an underlying condition that is causing it.  Sometimes malabsorbtion can cause it.  Do you ever have IBS? (diarrhea)  Has any doctor every checked your ANA to see if it's autoimmune?  I don't want to scare you but you may want to have that blood test just to be sure.  I have a few times been asleep and been woken up because I turn my head a certain way and I get a very bad dizzy spell.  It has only happened a few times that it wakes me but many times while awake.  I also have a clear MRI.  I have lupus which is an autoimmune disease.  You may also want to see a Neuro and have a MRI if he/she thinks necessary.  God Bless and good luck.  Please let me know how you are doing.  You can also private message me if you want to talk.
Joni
Sorry I missed your post because I just went straight to the last one.  Have you had your ANA checked.  it's a simple blood test and if positive along with your low thyroid could be autoimmune.  Just thought I would mention it since you are not feeling well and maybe that got overlooked.  Sometimes a doctor finds a low thyroid and says, "Ok we have an answer" and doesn't look any further.  I hope you feel better.
Joni
Hi and welcome to medhelp.

How long have you been on tyroid meds?  They say it takes a while to see any results, but I don't think I saw significant results from meds.  I must say I felt better on armour thyroid instead of synthroid.  Another thing that really helped me (as far as fatigue goes) is B-12 injections and getting go rest.  

Have they checked for lupus?
There are 11 criteria for a lupus dx. You must have at least 4 of the 11 to recieve a dx.
They are:
1. malar rash over cheeks (butterfly rash)
2. discoid rash, red raised patches
3. photosensitivity - reaction to sunlight, resulting in skin rash
4. oral and nose ulcers
5. arthritis (swollen joints)
6. serositis - inflamation (inflammation) of the lining of the lung or heart
7. reanl disorder - excessive protein in urine and/or cellular casts
8. neurologic disorder - seizures, or psychosis
9. anemia or low white blood countor lymphopenia or low platelet count
10. positive ANA
11. positive anti-DNA or anti-Sm, or antiphospholipid antibody or false pos. syphilis test

Other symptoms are:
fever
abdominal pain
chest pain
shortness of breath
blood in urine
hair falling out
fatigue
muscle pain and weakness
dizziness
poor memory
headaches
poor circulation in fingers and toes
tingling in extremities
diarrhea
bloating
nausea
weight loss
abdominal pain
blurred vision
depression
palpitations
raynauds (where fingers turn white when cold)
intollerance to cold
sore throat
...to name a few

Keep in mind that fibromyalgia, CFS, MS and lymes disease also have similar symptoms.

The first test they might do to check is an ANA. BE SURE and spend time in the sun prior to this test. If you hae lupus, it will cause this level to be elevated. *NOTE Just because the RA is negative does not mean you DO NOT have RA. I knowseveral people who were tested for many years w/o any elevation in their test. If you have joints swelling, try to swing by dr. office when they are swollen so they can see what is happening in your body.

God's blessing, Kara
Hi Kido and welcome to MedHelp

I'm assuming you are female and not male.  It says on your "nick" that you are male.  

I looked at the symptoms checker on medhelp and this is the link to your symptoms.

http://www.medhelp.org/symptomsearch?addterm=dizziness

MS is a possibility.  Surely they have checked for dehydration.  Another possibility is STRESS!  Have you been under any stress lately.  That can really mess with your menstral cycle.  

I agree w/ Joni.  The low vit D is a clue that something is WRONG.  I see you live in Minnesota and probably haven't been out in the sun in a long time.  This is typical for people in the northern states to be deficent in vit D.  But it can also be a sign of either malabsorption or an autoimmune disorder.

The rotten thing about this is, MRIs don't always show MS.  I know you are really getting the run around all the while medical bills are pileing up

What other symptoms are you having?  
Muscle twitches?
Fatigue?
Joint pain?
List things that you might not consider significant.

We're here to help.  And are praying for you, Kara
I have RSD and diabetes.  I am always tired, chilled and in pain.  I lost my sight 3 months ago after experiencing blurred vision for 1.5 years.  Retina doctor doesnt know why I lost tmy sight or how to help.  I am on about 15 scripst, including morphine and lyrica and feel that maybe drug interactions are causing the eye problems. I am always getting dizzy and knees buckle--have fallen several time.

Need answers!
So that is quite a list and I can SO relate. For the past 4 years, have had many tests and diagnosis which summed up to be at age 47, Fibro, possible MS and the latest at Thanksgiving 2009 was early Alzheimers and have been taking 14 meds with my 2 neurologist, rheum. PCP, allergy doc, and I must tell you; There is HOPE!  I am so happy to share that thru many large displays of God's blessing, I was led by 4 people in a matter of 2 weeks who did not know each other, all from my area, who "came up" to me to tell me that they or someone they knew had symptoms just like yours and mine and they all went to the VERY same doctor in Columbia, MO!  All to find out that it is caused from a tick borne disease, mine is called borrelioisis. Most people do not remember having a tick so they pass it off. However, some ticks are smaller than the size of a pin head so who would know?  ANd most people do not get the rash that can be assoc with this terribly UNDERDIAGNOSED disease. Since 4 months ago, I am already 30-35% improved with the prognosis of 90% in 6-12 months. THere are MANY quacks who do not know that the Western Blot is the most effective way to test and that your blood must be sent to a special reference labs that have the most sophiscated equipment...go on www.drcharlescrist.com...do not pay close attention to the CDC criteria, very important to go to the right doctor and send blood to preferably Igenix in Palo Alto, CA.  Dr Crist is one of the country's specialist and is actually a very down to earth, well informed, no nonsense doctor who is as genuine as they get. I plead with anyone reading this to really pay close attention here: I have personally witnessed people who have been told MS, RA, FIBRO, CFS, and some in wheel chairs or walkers, that have in less than 8 months, been walking and doing 200% better. Why has the medical society stayed away from really getting educated? I do not know but I thank God each day for placing someone , actually 4 people, in my path for me to finally not accept the diagnosis and future I was given. I was a 6 figure income realtor, 3 kids, hubby, always so healthy and the past few years, go to be so bad that I could not work due to pain and fog/memory/focus issues and it was so dark, so very dark. There is hope. I pray the very best for you friend.
Hiya trixi,

do you know what your cholesterol levels are? low cholesterol, in my opinion is no bueno (do some research on probs w/low cholesterol) just a thought since cholesterol is required to make vitamin D from sun, and there's a lot of brain fog/joint/memory etc issues that happen when people take statin drugs to lower cholesterol.

i have used virgin coconut oil to ameliorate brain fog, energy, joint pain etc. in addition to helping this, my anxiety and depression are reduced (have read cholesterol in the brain helps bind serotonin somehow)
Please do not accept a diagnoses of "fibromyalgia", there is no such disease.  This is a blanket term used by doctors to pacify mainly women patients.  Fibromyalgia is usually accompanying some form of arthritis.  

I suffered from symptoms such as many of the ones listed above, and have lived through the era of valium being prescribed to primarily women for these same symptoms...now they call it fibromyalgia, and prescribe antidepressants....none of which works to relieve the sufferer.  

I am 63 now, and have had my symptoms gradually worsen to now include neuropathy in both feet.  I have chronic low white blood cell counts, and have had this for more than 30 years, along with high triglyceride counts, and high cholesterol.  

All arthritis tests have been negative, however, my rheumatologist tells me that just because you test negative for RA etc., does not mean that you do not have an autoimmune disease.  

I have been looking into Flory syndrome because it is associated with low white blood counts.  It is just being looked at in Europe.  I also have recurring bouts of iritis, which is definitely an autoimmune problem.

PLEASE REFUSE TO ACCEPT THE DIAGNOSES OF "FYBROMYALGIA"....IT JUST MEANS SORE MUSCLES AND MORE THAN LIKELY, MOST PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN OF THESE SYMPTOMS HAVE SOME TYPE OF YET TO BE DETECTABLE AUTOIMMUNE DISORDER.....JUST TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELVES...GET LOTS OF REST, AND EAT THE RIGHT FOODS....I PERSONALLY HAVE GONE TO A VEGETARIAN DIET, BECAUSE I FIND THAT THE IBS IS LESSENED BY IT.  SOME MAY TRY TO ELIMINATE WHEAT, AND DAIRY FROM THEIR DIETS ALSO.  GET EXERCISE EVEN IF IT IS JUST LYING IN YOUR BED AND MOVING YOUR FEET AND ARMS.  MOST OF ALL, REALIZE THAT YOU ARE REALLY SUFFERING FROM A GENUINE AILMENT, AND THAT YOU CAN SURVIVE IT IF YOU ARE GOOD TO YOURSELF, AND SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND.
I share many of your symptoms (though not all) and have, over time, received multiple diagnoses: fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, depression, IBS, ADD, "stress," adrenal fatigue syndrome, psychosomatic disorder, and "all in my head" (grrr).  About 10 years ago I had every indication of having Lyme disease, including the bullseye rash, but docs refused to consider the diagnosis because the labs came back negative for Lyme antibodies. Years later, a neurologist said it sounded like I probably had encephalitis (from the Lyme disease no one believed I had). I have very little trust or respect for doctors any more.  Anyway, I decided to forget about getting an accurate diagnosis and just try to find things that helped to alleviate the symptoms and improve my quality of life.  One thing I tried (at the advice of a friend) was a gluten-free diet.  In just days, my energy levels improved considerably, as did my "IBS."  It looks as though I may be able to scrap my antidepressant as well.  I'm not sure if I have actual celiac disease or just a sensitivity to gluten, but it doesn't matter. My suggestion, then, is that you look into natural remedies and treatment modalities rather than (or in addition to) conventional medicine; instead of beating yourself up for a diagnosis, just experiment and see what makes you feel better. And if your body is telling you one thing and your docs are telling you another, listen to your body. Best wishes for good health in the future!
A BIT OF A BREAK THROUGH:

I'm now 34 year old female and suffering  from all the symptoms that everyone is explaining for the past 7 years. It was really sever the first 4 years. As time has passed it's gotten better.  For instance, I use to feel sick 5 day out of 7 day out of the week.  That means I would only have a total of a week of feeling normal in a month.  I learned to cope with it and just take Advil, Excedrin, zaycam, allergy med, previcid in hopes that something would help. Now I only feel ill 5 days out of the month but of course there are months that it's 10 days out of the month.

I've been to at least 10 doctor and all say I'm the healthiest person.  I do not smoke and am a social drinker which I started drinking socially at 24 years of age. I was very active in sports and dancing but now with all the ailment, it has cripples me and I do not always enjoy my life. The following symptoms are as followed;

• Nauseous, constipation, headache, stiff neck, stomach ache, spinal pain, pain on the back right side of my ribs and only when I take a deep breath, dizziness, fatigue, blurred vision, water eyes almost a feeling of having allergies, pressure in the front of my neck almost feels like I swallowed a marble that is stuck in the front of my neck, slow concentration, feeling of being dumb, comprehension is slow.

Keep in mind that I have been to several general doctors, neurologist, rheumatologist, eye nose throat dr, gastroenterologist, audiologist, chiropractor, and have had CT, X-Ray, MRI, had a stomach scope, a cap to read the brain functions, full blood work, and a cardiogram. Every test came out negative and most of the doctors would say “you have the healthiest XYZ that I've ever seen" but I would say back to them, "BUT I FEEL SICK".

I too was told to take meds for anxiety and depression.  This made me feel like they were saying I was making my illness up. I took them for about 2 months and no relief.  Another doctor said it could be stress and that she doesn't doubt I'm having these illnesses but everything came back negative and there is nothing she can give me other than meds for anxiety and depression.

Now my break through...I'm not saying it will help everyone but as I know I've been searching for an answer and any help.  I'm hoping this will help someone else. Just a week ago I had all my symptoms come back in full force.  I could deal with the dizziness, but the back pain, the stiffness and pain on the left side of my neck and the nauseating feeling, almost like a feeling of being over full or a soft ball stuck in the middle of my stomach was killing me. A friend, who is a physical therapist, gave me a foam roll, and heating pad. I used the foam roll for about an hour on my back and used the heating pad for 30 min and still not much relief. Like always, it's nothing new that I don't get relief.  Then I remember my friend telling me to stretch if I feel tight. My body was super tight for the last week because of going to the gym so I decided to stretch out AGAIN. I stretched for a long time and very aggressively. My legs and lower back were especially tight.  Keep in mind I'm not a flexible person AT ALL. After stretching out for about 30-40 min and no relief I just decided to go to bed. My neck was still on fire so I lay down on my bed with two pillows underneath my neck and out of frustration and pain that I had been feeling for the last 3 days. I slowly stretched out my neck by using my right hand and pulling my neck to the right keep in mind I was laying down with two pillows under my neck. I kept pulling more and more too where it was stretching it with some pain and all of a sudden....there was a POP in the high part of the middle of my back. The only thing I can say is that one vertebra popped into place. (Look at these site..your will see the start of the vertebrae in blue.  That is where, more or less, is where I felt the pop. http://www.gillytherapy.com/img/vertebrae.jpg ~OR ~ http://www.temple.edu/crafts/public_html/mjcc/local/gallery/student/cad_work/epstein_vertebrae1_600_800.jpg first or second vertebrae)  IN AN INSTANT, the softball, the feeling of over full, nausea that I was feeling for the last 3 days started going away INSTANTLY.  I felt the middle of my stomach moving downward and relaxing.  I even felt as if my intestines were moving into a comfortable place. I no longer feel sick!!! I thanked the Lord that at least I now know that this helped.  My back is now not as irritated or in pain. I still have a stiff lower back.  I don’t have a stiff neck but still feel a bit dizzy but not as bad. I don’t feel as tired and had a great night sleep.

Now I'm thinking it may be a few pinched nerves that are causing all these illnesses.  Maybe some time in my life my spin was compromised by sports or minor car accidents that I've had or roller coaster rides.  Not sure how I got this way but with a small break through gives me hope.

So what I would do is, use a heating pad (http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/heating_pad_995.jpg), then use a foam roll (http://kettlebellstrong.typepad.com/.a/6a010536abe23b970c011570112257970b-800wi) , stretch out (http://www.mybackdr.com/neckstretches.gif,  http://thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/chiropractor_stretches.jpg) and if the foam roll happens to pop your spin or the stretching pops your spin, you might just get relief. Maybe going to a chiropractor but I have gone to a chiropractic and either felt a bit better or worse.  Need to find a really good chrio I guess.  I've also ready about to going to a Osteopath Dr., I have never tried this type of doctor.

A few side notes:

I am not flexible.  I can barely touch my toes so maybe why I have spinal issues but not sure.

I use to crack my neck myself in my early 20's and one day I couldn't crack my neck myself.

I have honorable posture. I have the worst posture when I feel sick.

If you've done or have these things please mention it in your posting.  I'm just curious.  

Please, Please, Please, if you have had a small or large break through POST IT.  I almost didn't post this because I felt lazy but it would be an injustice to everyone not to post something that would help people who are frustrated, had cried and yelled for help.

Good luck and God bless everyone with this illness.
Hi, I have some of the same chronic symptoms: tiredness, migraines, poor concentration, cold hands and feet, unexplained  abdominal cramping.  Diagnosed with Celiac disease (I strongly recommend the blood test, there was no family history of it in my case) a few years ago, too late to save my thyroid.  You may have goiters, which would explain fluctuating thyroid levels.  I have been researching since doing a glucose tolerance test yesterday, I didn't realize that diabetes was commonly linked to Celiac -  and also doesn't run in my family.  I learned that I am probably very deficient in vitamin B complex, magnesium and zinc.  I take these occasionally, but will have to make a point of including them in my regular regimen.  Taking calcium daily has helped my energy levels, but my nails are still thin and weak, so I may need more.  Don't buy the cheapest vitamins, buy the best you can afford, but from a reliable source. There are expensive frauds out there, I only trust well-established brands.

Chinese medicine lists your condition as a Qi deficiency.  If you can find a Chinese health practitioner, you might want to try acupuncture & herbal remedies.  The website www.balfourhealing.com/fatigue.html states:
"Qi deficiency causing fatigue can come from the Spleen, Kidney, or Lung meridian.

Spleen Qi Deficiency is the most commonly seen cause of fatigue. The Chinese Spleen is responsible for deriving energy from food. It separates "clear essence" which becomes energy from "turbid waste" which is excreted. Some of the symptoms of deficient Spleen Qi include poor appetite, bloating, gas, and easy bruising. The Spleen is also responsible for movement and transformation of fluids throughout the body. When the Qi is not functioning efficiently, water will accumulate and dampness occurs in the body. People with dampness may experience a feeling of heaviness, loose stools, fatigue and achy joints. Over time, dampness congeals into phlegm. For those with nasal allergies, a runny nose, or a productive cough, Spleen Qi deficiency and dampness need to be addressed in addition to the symptoms of phlegm.

Kidney Qi Deficiency - The Chinese Kidney is said to be the source of prenatal Qi, or the energy inherited from the parents. If Kidney Qi is deficient, fatigue is more extreme than that seen in Spleen Qi deficiency. There may also be lack of strength, dizziness, ringing in the ears, pain or weakness in the low back and/or knees, frequent urination, night urination, and possible edema in the ankles and lower legs."
This is for trixi and anyone else who has these symptoms.

I have suffered for 21/2 years with muscle pain, fatigue, fast heart rate, irregular heart rate, low blood pressure, pain in the extremities, light sensitivity, dry eyes, vaginal and urinary infections, abdominal pain, painful and irregular periods, headaches around the temples and eyes, migraine headaches prior to cycle starting, edema, teeth pain, neck pain, constipation, short and long term memory problems, gland in-between breast and armpit swollen and painful, vaginal dryness, PCOS, cold hands and feet, low body temp., poor digestion, very gassy, and I have many more.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and a high rhuematoid factor in July of 2009 after having gall bladder surgery. My Rhuematologist didn't have any explanation of all of my symptoms. I needed to see other doctors for those.
My gastro doctor couldn't find anything wrong with me.
My Endocrinologist found inflammation of the thyroid and put me on a low dose of Armour thyroid even though my blood levels read normal.
This helped with some of my symptoms; constipation,  energy, sleep, and concentration.
She further discovered that I had reactive hypoglycemia and insulin resistance. I was put on medication for the insulin resistance (metformin) and told to go on a strict diet of complex carbs., low to no sugar, veggies and protein, low fat, no caffeine and lots of water. Insulin resistance can be very difficult to determine even with blood work. This is a dangerous thing to have because you are in a pre-diabetic state.
Anyone who has PCOS should have you blood sugar and insulin checked. If you are overweight and can't loose weight even with an extreme diet and exercise you should get checked for this syndrome. The medication (metformin) I am on for the insulin resistance is helping with my muscle pain and low blood sugar. I have a long way to go before I am normal again.
I also have pancreatic pain and it isn't a good sign. My endo believes it is irritation caused by my pancreas working overtime and will go away as my body is able to utilize my inslulin with medication. You all need to look up the insulin resistance symptoms. I only had 3 out of 5 and my blood work did't show I had it. Anyone who has any of the symptoms I stated should have their sugar and insulin levels checked.
I believe I was born with this condition and have had it all my life. I have always struggled with my weight even though I eat healthy and exercise regularly. When I hit 37 I noticed minor changes and thought it was from getting older. Over the next  7 years my body has changed drasticly and it is going to be very difficult to get back to normal especially with menopause around the corner.
good luck to all of you.
donjoe341
So did your sympptoms go away when the insuline resistance was addressed?
I have only been on the medication (metformin) for 7 days. I do see a decrease in pain in my muscles, arms, hands, legs and feet. The medicine doesn't work by itself, you have to be on a strict diet and exercise. Here is my story from the beginning. Two and a half years ago I became very ill. During this time I was going to the gym for an 1 1/2 hrs. every day with 45 min. cardio, stretching and light weights. I have been going to the gym steadily for over 3 yrs with what I thought was a very healthy diet. I suddenly developed constant gall bladder attacks for 10 months before it was removed. During this 10 months I was having low blood pressure, ovarian cysts that were growing at a rapid rate causing terrible pain, fatigue, rapid heart rate, abdominal pain, low sex drive, and could only eat soups and very light meals. Any strenuous activity would make me even more fatigued. I didn't loose any weight those 10 months, I actually gained 15 lbs.caused from edema. The doctors didn't believe that I wasn't eating very much. After surgery the abdominal pain and fatigue never went away. Six months later I developed fibromyalgia and a high rhuematoid factor. Instead of taking prescription drugs for my illness I decided to go the natural route. I put myself on a strict diet of complex carbs, no sugar or caffiene, started taking many different vitamins and digestive enzymes with meals to help my body heal. It seemed to help with the fatigue and pain. Three months later I started having a lot more problems with my cycle. It became more painful with migraines and then never showed up. I started taking prescription progesterone cream with my cycles and it helped with the pain and clotting. Two months after the cycle problem I developed inflammation of the thyroid. I finally found an Endocrinologist that listened  to me intensely and wanted to treat me for hypothyroid even though my blood levels came back normal. I was on the thyroid medication for 8 weeks and noticed the gassiness, constipation, low body temp. and fatigue got better. I was feeling so good I strayed off my diet and started having a cup of coffee with sugar every morning. The heart palpitations, fast heart beat, abdominal pain, fatigue, headaches, body pain, teeth pain, and many other symptoms all came back and a lot worse. I talked to my Endocrinologist about this and she said she felt I had insulin resistance even though my blood work didn't show it.

I believe I had insulin resistance all along and it caused inflammation throughout my body and very painful ovarian cysts during my illness. I also believe that the constant stress I was putting on my body at the gym caused the insulin resistance to show its ugly head and caused me to loose my gall bladder (was inflamed with no stones). I am sorry this is such a long answer to your question but I think people need to realize how complicated our bodies are and how one thing can have a cascading affect on the whole body.

Insulin resistance causes ovarian pain, weight gain, edema, brown spots in the creases of your skin, acne, skin tags, fatigue, moodiness, appetite changes (always crave carbs), elevated cholesterol, high blood pressure, rapid heart rate, joint and muscle pain (especially in the extremeties), hormone problems and a few more. My insulin resistance has gone on so long that I have similar symptoms as a diabetic. My sister has developed this condition 3 months ago after having surgery. My mother is 70 and has high blood pressure and is unable to loose weight. They both have insulin resistance. My son who is 19 has some of these symptoms and is going to be checked for this condition. I believe it is genetic.
Hopefully after about 4 weeks on the metformin, diet and exercise my doctor said I should see some significant changes.
Sorry this was so long winded. Everyone on this forum should read this.
I am 36 years old. I also have dizziness, nausea, fatigue, headaches, skin sensitivity, joint/muscle pain, weakness, pelvic pain, sore throats, reduced GFR (kidney), tremors, can't sleep, depression, and another symptom that the only way I know to explain it is, when your blood sugar drops and you start to get very shakey (shaky) and going to fall out. I check my blood sugar and it is not that. I have been told that I have CFS/Fibromyalgia. BUT, there is another huge symptom that doesn't seem to match up with those two diseases. I have tumors/masses that form in various parts of my body. It started when I was 15 years old with a tumor on a bone in my foot. Since then I have had one on my heart, one in my lung, numerous on ovaries (but since have had hysterectomy), one in the right thyroid, one in my wrist that ate through the bone (had reconstructive surgery), one on the left side of my neck, and currently I have one in the right Parotid gland on the right side. I will have to have surgery for that one soon because they just get bigger and cause nerve damage. I have two children 10 & 8 and my husband works a lot. I am at my breaking point and not sure what to do now. Anyone??????
You check your blood sugar or the doctor checks your blood sugar? The insulin resistance condition I have can only be checked through a 3 hr glucose test. During this test they check the levels of insulin in the blood. I have a glucose meeter at home and it never showed I had a problem. I to suffer from chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and many of the symptoms you have. I do know that insulin resistance can cause cysts to grow on my ovaries but I don't know if it can cause this anywhere else in the body. You may want to check into this.
What test have been ran on you?
I read your profile and noticed some similarities to my condition. Has anyone ever checked your glucose / insulin levels? When I was around five I was hospitalized for kidney problems. I had renal reflux. It left scarring on my kidneys. I feel this is somehow related to the insulin resistance. Your problems started out with a gall bladder problem just like mine. You suffer from fibromyalgia and an autoimmune disorder also. I have fibromyalgia and a high rheumatoid factor which my Rheumatologist believes to be the beginning of an auto immune disorder. Insulin resistance can cause many complications if untreated. My Endocrinologist told me that insulin resistance causes people to have a lot of gas because your body is unable to digest glucose properly. You don't always notice this problem. It causes pressure in your gall bladder, biliary ducts, and pancreatic ducts. Insulin resistance also causes high cholesterol which then causes gall stones. You should be thorough and have your glucose / insulin levels checked. Have you ever tried putting yourself on a complex carb, no caffeine, no simple sugars, 6 glasses of water a day, and 5 small meals a day? It will make your pain levels drop. If you decide to try it let me know. I can help you with the details. Pain meds will destroy your organs. You need to try something more natural.
Good Luck
Thanks for your insight.  Before the dx of lupus, I had so many various symptoms.  One of them was tachycardia, feeling shakey (shaky) inside, feeling like I was going to faint.  The dr. ran several test on glucose, etc.  One came back high. C-peptide.  Which indicates an insiline producing tumor.  Was sent to an endocrinologist who said "since I had gone 10 hours w/o eating and was still alive, I did not have an insuloma."  She ran an insuline resistant test.  So for hours they checked my blood after having me drink that stuff.  All the #s were great.  We never found out wy the C-peptide was elevated, but the hypoglacemia symptoms disappeared after I was placed on plaquinel (lupus med).  I really think the lupus caused everything.  Even the gallbladder.  I didn't have stones, my gallbladder had quit working.  My dr. thinks lupus caused the delicate tissue in the ureter to inflame and thus the obstruction > hydronephrosis.  It is like night and day when I compare before and after plaquinel.  I praise God for plaquinel.

As far as pain meds go, I really try not to take anything.  I have to be going somewhere and will be in public.  Around the house, I use my cane (really need a wheel chair) to get around.  When I just can't stand it anymore, I break down and take tylenol and ibuprophen. I proabably take them about 2-3 Xs/week.

I didn't know that insuline resistance could cause all those things.  That is really interesting.  Thanks so much for sharing your insight.  I love this forum because it's a place where people can share what has worked for them.  I have found so many good pointers here that have been very beneficial.

Keep posting  :D
I don't mean to be a pest but have you ever tried to be on a strict diet like the one I mentioned previously? Do you take supplements of any kind? I also wanted to let you know that I had the 3 hr. glucose/insulin test and it didn't show I have this condition. I am a naturalist and believe that the body can do a lot for itself if given the proper tools. Eating a very healthy diet puts less stress on the body and supplementation like omega 3 fish oil helps greatly with inflammation. Some things can't be fixed and medication is needed. God blessed me with determination and stubbornness and I am very grateful fort that. My Rheumatologist told me that supplementation and diet wouldn't help me and that I would be back in 6 months asking for pain meds. It has been a year and I don't plan on going back.I am slowly recovering from an illness that my doctors had no answer to. I think most people who are labeled with an autoimmune condition suffer needlessly. Doctors labeled me with fibromyalgia and some kind of autoimmune condition that hasn't shown itself completely. I ignored this and went to find the answer to my health problems. I am far from normal but I am more than 1/2 way there. I look forward to the day when I can play softball with my husband again. I wish you happier and healthier days in your future.  
You're not a pest.  Yes, I take oodles of vitamins and herbs.  Have taken them since I was 13.  I'm now 47.  The oily vitamins now make me nauseous and they come out in my stool and float on top of the water.  My body is not absorbing any of them.  So I limit them.  Something is not functioning since my gallbladder was removed.  

I have been trying to eat mostly vegetables, no bread or sugar.  I do feel better when I do that.  I'm far from perfect on this diet.  But I really like fruit and fresh veggies out of the garden.  So, this is normally how I eat for the most part.  
How long ago did you have your gall bladder removed? I have the same problem with eating any kind of fat. If your not absorbing fat what else is your body not absorbing? You could be lacking vital nutrients that that helps your body heal. I started taking digestive enzymes with every meal and I make sure I take my supplements right after a meal. The digestive enzymes will just help your body work more efficiently. It has helped me a great deal. I asked all my doctors if it was safe to take the enzymes and they all said yes. My doctors found that I was vit. D deficient and I believe that is because it is a fat soluble vitamin. If I am deficient in vit. D then I am probably also deficient in A,E and K. I couldn't get my vit.D deficiency to go away for 1 and 1/2 years even while taking mega doses of vit. D. That all changed a few months after adding the digestive enzymes to my daily regimen. Let me know if you are interested, I can tell what dig.enz. to buy.
The gallbladder was removed June 07.  It is not uncommon for there to be low vit D in autoimmune disorders.  But it makes sense that malabsorption would contribute to that.  Although I know vit D is really not a vitamin, but a hormone and it is made by ones exposure to sunlight.  The kidneys and other organs convert it.  So maybe it is a defect in either the skin receptors or the organ involved in converting D3 to a usualble substance.  

Yes, I would be interested in finding out what product you use.  I'm not sure if MedHelp allows for advertising, so you could send me a personal message just in case.
Wow, I've been experiencing these things for years.  I'm sorry your going through all that.  I feel for you, I truly do, I know, I'm beating my head against the wall.  Its killing me because I want to know what's going on with me.  I feel like I'm in my own Mystery Diagnosis episode, but without the narration.  My symptoms have gotten worse over the years, and lately gone crazy.  I don't know.  Lately I've been having brain fog in an extreme way and I'm tired of looking stupid to people.  I'n always tired, I could worked real hard one day, like be superwoman and then run down and out of it the next. I constantly feel that way.  Everything hurts and it lasts for days.  My toes, my hands, my left shoulder will hurt for a couple of days this month and will return in the same spot next month.  My chest feels like an elephant sat on it.  My anemia is really bad, so bad in fact that I have severe cracks in the creases of my lips.  I'm a medical assistant so I know what those tests are on a lab sheet.  Every couple of months I get like these symptoms of nausea and fatigue, it'll last for a couple of days to a week until I get some Dramamine, and I took some the other day and the next morning I felt great.  But I'm tired of feeling bad.  I get bruises all the time and especially in places where I know I couldn't have fallen over something (I'm clumsy), but I have a new symptom, petichiae on my fingers, actually on one, my left pinky, it is usually numb, the finger that is, and it has little circles all around my finger.  My skin is very dry, my hair comes out in lumps and I was a person with long thick hair, I cut it the other day so I wouldn't get so devastated over the hair loss.  I got a mouth sore the other day, a cold sore, where I got it, don't know, thought it was from my daughter that puts everything in her mouth (she's two and everything still goes in her mouth, I swear my symptoms got worse after her, I don't know why, but) so this is just half the story.  My name is Nicole!
Hi Nicole,

Have they done any test for lupus?  An ANA or anything?  Many of your symtpoms sound like lupus.  Just a little tip, be sure and spend time in the sun prior to your ANA.  IF you have lupus, it will cause the ANA to be much more definite.  

Another test I would recommend is vit D.
im a 43 year old white female who is sick of having this reddness on her cheeks and face all the time,  i siffer from fatigue constantly and joint stiffness and achey (achy) muscles,  within the last year my vision has become bery blurred and I have also had to have a total thyroidectomy due to tumors and cyst throughout my thyroid glad. so i have blurred vision, exteme fatigue, red rash on face that itches and burns at times, ithcing all over, and headaches all the time.  i have been treated for roscea, fibromyalgia, thyroid disorder nut tnothing is helping and im just getting worse.  could this be lupus.    could you email me at ***@****.  thanks
It is possible that it could be lupus.  
I have some of the similar problems, i just found out in april i have celiacs disease which was a very hard life change but is working well for me i am finally able to lose weight. i was 180 now 137. But now i have a whole new batch of problems, I am 33 and i have severe lower left back pain as well as in my lower left stomach, i have severe fatigue and bloating so bad around my period it looks like i am 6 months pregnant. i have the pain all the time but it it so severe around my period i feel like i am gonna pass out! I havent had sex with my husband in about a month because of the pain. My periods has been really strange, i am passing clots but the blood itself looks watered down and there not much of it. I spend most of the time on my period crying from the pain being so bad. I have been to the dr and he run labs for kidneys and uti and had ultra sounds for cysts which i do have a problem with almost every month. they get so big then rupture and i get sick, but this pain is more like a kidney stone but thats not what it is. I have had my gull bladder out and my appendix. Its really starting to scare me because im in so much pain but dont know whats wrong. I have uterine cancer and breast cancer that runs in my family so i am worried about that to. If anyone out there could give me some advice of where to start, i have done research online and have come up with some ideas but sometimes thats not the best idea because then it makes you even more scared! If you want to email me with some ideas my email is daphidil1976  @  yahoo . com
My heart goes out to you b/c I too have had problems w/ my cycle.  I know for me it was endometreosis and adymyosis.  But your pain being on the left side, I would think it would be coming from your descending colon  But again, endometreosis can cause pain in the digestive tract as well as the bloating and messed up period.  

I suggest you post your question in the endometreosis or celiac forum.  

Kara
I experienced total agony during my periods for several years. It was so bad I could not stand up, I could not walk and often it hurt just to take a deep breath. The pain was focused in my left lower abdomen. My "internal doctor" said it was something in my uterus but with no biological family history to go off the reall life Drs were reluctant to do anything. I finally got so fed up I PUSHED for a (hope I spell it right) inter-vaginal ultrasound. I'm so glad I did. They found not only the ovarian cysts but a large fibroid tumor growning in my lower left uterin wall. A month later I had surgery to remove the entire uterus (I already had two kids). I found out that adding to the uterus tumor pain was the fact that it was so big it had caused my uterus to "fuse" with my bladder and my large intestine. My insides required a total "feng shui" so to speak, but I feel SO MUCH BETTER. My tumor WAS precancerous by the way. So if you feel the answers you are getting are not matching your internal voice...get another opinion and keep pushing. It just might save your life!!!
I have alot of these same symptoms and i was diagosed with a kidney disease! called IgA nephropathy! it toook them a very long time to diagnose me. I was fifteen at the time and i am now 19! The only way to test for it is a kidney biopsy. Its worth a try! hope all goes well.
I am a Physician and can tell you rfrom experience that the myriad of symptoms you are having is very common.  That doesn't mean however that is an exact particular diagnosis or treatment.  Many of the thoughts people have given you such as Lymes and RMSF can happen but can be easily ruled out with blood work.  Your issues point to an autoimmune disorder that may not be specific to one disease but a general inflammatory issue.  What I can tell you is many of these issues start in the gut from allergy/malabsortion problems.  I would recommend that you get a food sensitivity test that checks the blood for IgG antibodies.  I would avoid the tradiionnal ***** skin test in that will only show Ige immediate responses.  Let me know what area you live in and I would be happy to stear you to a proper doc for your issues in your area. drjackflash at the hoo *******.
First, since you say its only 3 months, make sure there is no accute infections or life threatening conditions that could advance.

If this persists and does not become life thretening and you can't find any other cause, then it looks like you have auto-immune disease. All of the auto-immune disesases overlap a lot. I try to look at them as all one disease. I'm new to this but my look at this field seems that the "Th1 Disease" view seems to make sense by Trevor Marshall.

I'm considering the Marshal Protocol for Th1 disease. I have muscle pain all over and tingling and cold water/metal sensations in my legs (and starting to spread to the arms i think) and constant ringing int he ears, jittery vision when panning/reading up close.

I just can't decide if I should continue my lyme disease treatment or go for the more generalized marshal protocol for auto-immune disease. You can read marshal protocol knowledge base website mpkb.org and bacteriality.org and CureMyTh1.org forum for more info and watch "autoimmunity explained in 10 minutes" on youtube. You can email me at nexus.lyme at gmail
I just turned 50 and for the past 5 years I have been feeling like crap! and it seems to be getting worse. I don't smoke. I have been to several doctors, had just about every test they can think of MRI, EKG's, EEG, blood tests and they find nothing wrong. I just lost my job a month ago so I no longer have insurance. My symptoms are: Dizzy light headed, headaches, ringing in my ears, fatigue mostly in my legs, cold feet & hands, burning in my feet, numbness in my hands, tired all the time, no energy, lost my sense of smell, can't get a full nights sleep, joint pain, lower back pain and the list goes on.

Sorry but...It's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels like this and not getting any answers. At least I know I'm not crazzy?

I just started taking a B12 & folic acid suppliment. The ones you desolve under your tongue. Not sure it is helping only been taking them for a few days. I was told this may help.
I have had most of the symptoms you have described. I have dealt with way too many tests and doctors over the past 7 years. . Doctor #23 finally diagnosed MS. The old MRI confirmed his diagnosis. He compared it to the new one he did with contrast. It shows a change in the lesions that were already there in the first MRI. The autonomic symptoms, gastroparesis..look that one up.. and neurocardiogenic syncope, often come along with ms, if the brain stem has been affected or has a lesion. My advice, get a second opinion fro another neurologist and ask for an mri with contrasdt. Get the films from your first and let him compare. Get on *magnesium, vit D3, ALA, folic acid and b complex. Stay away from anything that says "gluconate". Researsh the magnesium. There are almost always deficiencies in people with ms. Not that it caused by that, but it seems to go hand in hand.
Do you take any medications, food or herbal supplements?
Hey, sorry to bother anyone. But for the last little while i have been having symptoms such as:

Cold clammy hands
headaches (getting worse)
Minor memory loss (short term)
upset stomach
loss of appitite
chest pain
lack of sleep(always tired)
joint pain
tingle feeling through face and hands
itchy eyes
dehydration
my stools are lighter colour than normal, they are also more frequent

And i have been in the hospital atleast 4 times this week on checkups on my hear, I have developed and arrithmiea and my heart rate was 140 for a  bit while I was in there. I havent had any blood work done or have been to a check up in years. Havent really had it on my mind at 21 years of age really. But to say the least, i am pretty freaked out.. Does anyone have maybe a basic idea of what could cause this? I have made an appointment with my doc but where I live there kind of slow paced doctors. Im thinking any info i can bring into him might help him look into things better. I fear it may be a liver disease and im kind of scared.
Any information or ideas would be helpfull. Thanks!
I have so many of the same symptoms that are described on this board.  I have been diagnosed with severe Raynaud's and am basically trapped in doors when the temperature drops even slightly. I do not believe the medical community actually knows what this is....they say there is no cure. I have just about given up. If anyone has anything to offer I would appreciate it. I would also like to know how many of you guys with raynauds are taking any type of medication? Thanks
Thanks for the info.  I certainly will look that up.  

So, does your dr. have you on some medicine that is helping you?  I know at this point it is bitter sweet.  Not happy about the dx, but thankful you can move forward now.  
I'm not sure how effective the sublingual B-12 is.  Sometimes drs. will prescribe the injectable kind to see if it helps patients.  

I do have some added questions.  How severe is the joint pain?  Is your hair falling out?  Does your face ever get magenta red when you are in the sun.  And do you feel bad after you have been in the sun...maybe the day after?
Consider the the ALLERGY topic on this website. There are threads there with people having many of all of the symptoms you all mention. Many of them have been related to metal allergies with dental and other implanted metals such as nickel, aluminum, vanadium, titanium, and others. I have contacted some of these people and they have improved after implant removal.
Hi I am a 19 year old female with troubling symptoms. This is the exhaustive list:

-Started to get bouts of foggy headedness end of August 2010—Once a day

-Sporadic dizziness throughout the day, where head is heavy and hard to hold up— Almost every day. There are periods of improvement lasting up to a week. Improved after lying down

-Gradually starts to get worse after August

- Feelings of being in an elevator and on a boat as if the floor is rocking back and forth or pulling me down.

-Need to sleep around 3 hours more and wake up un-refreshed with headache. Sleep approx. 11 hours/night—Ongoing

-Episodes where limbs are extremely weak—Occasionally

-Episodes where room spins, visual disturbances—Occasionally

-Pressure behind left eye socket—Occasionally

-Some mucus in stool—November on

-Bloated stomach independent of eating

-Anxiety—December on

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I have no idea if the neurological problems and digestive are related.
sounds like fibro , but have her keep testing you for lupus, i went undiagnoised , and i was complaing for years till it came out I had Fibro , Lupus,. RA, osteroarthitis, Sjogerns, tieze, it now effects my lungs and kidneys, brain and chest so keep on it .... I pray u feel better soon....
I completely resonate with the poster's symptoms.  My ANA Titer came back "Positive" with a "Speckled" pattern 2 weeks ago.  I immediately got follow-up blood-work for auto-immune disorders and should receive the results this upcoming week.

Summary of my symptoms:

swollen lymph nodes,
asymmetrical enlarged tonsil
muscle pain/stiffness/burning
hot and cold flashes
night sweats
insomnia (ongoing) ,
nightmares (periodic, but intense and often repeating)
hives
ear/jaw area pain (neck/shoulder)
fatigue
dry mouth (especially at night and in the morning)
susceptible to infection

vertigo
nosebleeds (2-3x per year for 1-week durations 2-3x/day; last episode July 2010)
dizziness (ongoing)

red dry tired eyes
light sensitivity
Confusion/difficulty thinking
issues retaining information
memory issues  (ongoing)

Bell’s Palsy
excessive weight gain
slow healing wounds

tingling and numbness in face, fingers, and toes

shortness of breath (episodic but frequent)
joint stiffness and pain in hands (ongoing)
lightheadedness (episodic but frequent)
dizziness
headaches and migraines (few times per week)
ringing/buzzing in ears
malaise
hair thinning (current)
dandruff
light and sound sensitivity
blurred vision

My symptoms have mimicked… (Some of these I have been tested for):  

Mono, HIV, TMJ, Ear Infection, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Hormone Imbalance, Early Menopause, Adrenal Fatigue, Subacute thyroiditis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis,  Chronic Lyme disease, Fibromyalgia, Middle Ear Infection, etc.

NEGATIVE/ABSENCE:  ALL STD’s, Cough, blood in urine/feces, skin sores, joint redness, loss of appetite, seizures.

SUSPECTIBLE-  TEST NEEDED:

Meningitis? Mumps? Sjogren's Syndrome? Brucellosis? Ehrlichiosis? Babesiosis? Hodgkin’s Disease?

I am not a doctor, but I believe that my symptoms most closely match "CHRONIC LYME" disease.  I have however been tested for LYME and my Elisa came back "negative."  I was also tested for Western and had two positive bands, but apparently that wasn't enough to make a "diagnosis."  I am interested in getting this test that's conducted by a lab in Palo Alto, CA called "Igenix" --supposedly they have the most accurate LYME test, with 95-97% accuracy unlike the Elisa and Western Blot.

I am curious to find out if I have an auto-immune disorder.  I am still convinced that I have LYME disease. It's unfortunate that insurance does not cover the Igenix lab.  I am going to have to see if I can work out a payment plan with them.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on with me based off the information provided?  Feel free to email me, as well as reply to the forum to help support others:  ***@****

Thank you!

-Em.
Wow I have all the same things as you!
I was diagnosed with graves 2 years ago and my levels have gone back to normal. Except for a few months now I have had headaches, dizzy spells, hot flushes, very painful and weak joints, chronic fatigue, diarrhea stomach pains, sore eyes sensitive to light, difficulty swallowing and elevated heart rate.
I have been tested for lupus and glandular fever, Ross river virus (mosquito disease), my thyroid function levels etc... My results only show low blood pressure slightly higher heart rate and reduced antibodies but nothing exceptional, I am getting a ultrasound of my stomach next week and more blood tests for celiacs and other stomach problems, but I don't think it's that I think the pain is just a symptom of something that's relate to my whole body. I haven't felt this bad since I had graves disease.
Any suggestions?
anyone ever heard of parathyroid diease... i have the hyperparathyroid so they say but no prostitve sestambie scan so not sure if  i have something else causeing hyperparathyroid but it is crazy & sounds like all your symptoms.....
Honestly your symptoms sound like lupus.  What was your ANA titer level?  Speckled pattern is seen in SLE and in numerous other autoimmune diseases.  
Hi guys, I've been reading the last few posts, while googling my symptoms. Two years ago I had swine flu and almost died, since then I've had joint and muscle pain, photophobia, hair falling out, pins and needles in my hands, numb feet, tingling in my cheek/ear excessive sweating. Muscle weakness, stutter, dizziness. I also get this sensation like I've touched an electric fence..
When I shower it feels like the water is bruising my skin and heart palpitations
   Also, I was surprised to see that a few people were having laproscopys done as I have just had a laproscopy and hysteroscopy to check for endometriosis. another person mentioned feeling "buzzed" which I can attest to
I have had an MRI to check for MS neg
Have had irregular TSH Levels that have fluctuated and returned to normal.
Rhuematologist suggested fibro but I haven't got any tenderpoints... Will be seeing a fibro specialist , though I feel like it's a cop out. I'm sick of being sick, I sound like a hypochondria and I feel like my doctor has written me off as one. I've resided to take the put up and shut up approach, but I'm not sure I cam stand it much longer... If anyone has had any answers or suggestions for their condition...Please please please
And am aged 25
The only thing that comes to mind is chronic fatigue or lymes.
I'm 17 years old and I have been feeling really funny for the past 4months, I have been feeling tired and energyless and find it hard to sleep.. I have been feeling sick/dizzy/got bad migrains and cold. I really don't know what it is?.. Anyone ?? X
Hi, I read your entire thread; I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage; I feel like I have a lot of your symptoms and I thought the bulk of your symptoms were from your pregnancy.  I think I might be pregnant; although told it was impossible.. I'm nauseus, get migraines with pain in eyes out of nowhere, sensitive to light/computer screens, totally foggy with stuff, no short term memory, lower back aches, aches in my knees and insomnia like I've never had before! Fatigue all day and just don't feel like myself; took test, came back negative so it might be too early to tell.  I had somewhat of a period but not a full, normal one couple weeks ago so who knows?
I hope you're feeling better... I'm just embarking on this whole mess myself..
Hi i am 28 years old and for the past month i was not feeling myself.It started out with a bad chest infection but it cleared u.The pain in my chest did not go away had it for a month now and my upper back started to pain,i have constant nausea and my arms and legs feel weak.I am tired all the time and is experiencing fatigue and light headedness.My heart feel kinda like heavy i constantly keep my hand there because i have a very uncomfortable feeling there.I have been stressing abit because my mum was diagnosed with tubercolosis 3months ago she dont live with me and that meant i could not see her for along time due to the disease.The doc told me its my anxiety thats causing this but i am so scared what if its not.I really think im getting a heart attack or something.Can anyone tell me if this is related to an anxiety disorder???
I had been having most of the symptoms as everyone above. I have a clothes dryer in the house and been using it for many years. Often with the house closed up. I have just discovered that this can cause carbon monoxide poisoning - low level exposure over a long time. Please see below:

Dr. David G. Penney has conducted one such study. He suggests that long periods of exposure to carbon monoxide, even at low levels, can result in long-term effects. He calls this chronic carbon monoxide poisoning. This can cause effects in an individual for days, weeks, months, or even years. Results vary depending on the age and health of an individual.

For the purposes of Dr. Penney’s study, the term “chronic” is used to describe how long the carbon monoxide exposure lasts, not how long the resulting effects are.

Physical symptoms: headache, nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, joint pain, chronic fatigue, dizziness, numbness, tingling, vertigo
Cognitive / Memory Impairments: attention problems, multi-tasking problems, word-finding problems, short-term memory problems, verbal and/or visual deficits.
Affective Disorders (emotional/personality effects): irritability, anxiety, lack of motivation, temper, loss of interest, sleep disturbance.
Sensory and Motor Disorders: blurry vision, double vision, buzzing in the ears, decreased co-ordination, speaking, eating and swallowing disorders.
Your symptoms sound very much like mine. It sounds like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to me :( What country do you reside in? I can give you a list of great doctors in the area, or nearing countries.

Best of Luck,
Ivy x
Has your dr. done a work up on your heart?  

Yes, stress/anxiety can cause these symptoms, but a number of other things can as well.  But I would think they would rule heart problems out initially.
  I too have had the same myriad of symptoms as all of you;I can commiserate 100%.Weakness,constipation,vertigo,sore neck,disrupted sleep patterns&feeling worse after sleep,tingling&werak hands etc.
   Ive had every test known to man-Blood work 8 times,Lyme7HIV test(negative),colonoscopy,ekg,cat scan of brain&torso.....Not a thing wrong with me!My primary finally sent me to a shrink.After 6 weeks on anti depressants,nothing changed.
    Now the strange part-finally after 8 months I was strong enough to return to the gym in a very limited capacity.Upon arrival,one of my buddies I hadnt seen told me this was his 1st day back in 10 months.I told him"me too",and joked he must of had the same mystery illness I had.He froze! He has had the same 20 weird symptoms I have!
   Now,there is at least 5 people from my gym who have had the same exact mystery symptoms.And to top that,one of my female(platonic) friends called me 2 days ago 7 said shes been in and out of the hospital for last 6 months looking forhelp with all our symptoms...
       Possibilites-
       What we have is communicable.The  "fake Aids" viruse that plagued China since 2007 has come here.Research it.Has all the same side effects as HIV,but patients all test negative for HIV.
       Since my female friend called,I have been on a crusade in my town(ive found over 50 people going thru what we are),and on the internet.Most of the people going tyhru this over 3 years are developing heart related problems.Tennis star Venus Williams just forfeited out of the US Open because of the mystery illness we all have.Philadelphia Eagle Jeremy Maclin has had our symptoms all Spring.
      This thing is some kind of bug,and it is deadly serious.Im not trying to scare anyone,but we must act as a group.
     I went from running 4.5 miles aday last August,to barely being able to pick up my mail,which is 40 yards from my front door..........some are calling this the doomsday virus.Ive never scared easily,and i am worried.
Hello everyone,

I was exploring the net with the list of symptoms that I have been experiencing for over a year now and I found your discussion.  I am a 25 year old, female, third year nursing student. I have been plagued for more than a year now with debilitating nausea, dizziness, weakness, fatigue, insomnia or poor sleep quality, migraines including photophobia and phonophobia.  I am freezing cold most of the time except when I get random hot flashes.  I have had numerous tests done and nothing.  I am 2.5 years into my degree and am worried that with my symptoms increasing rapidly in intensity that it will cause me to be unsuccessful.  Ive started to feel like its all in my head but, when I have to sit on the floor all of a sudden no matter where i am because I feel like I might die...I'm pretty sure its not...I have no idea what to do...
Hey Everyone,

I put some symptoms into a google search and ended up here. It's both good and bad to hear that so many people have the same symptoms and are running though the same issues with doctors and tests. I have no idea what's going on with me. After seeing over 20 doctors (not including medical students in wonderful 'teaching hospitals') in the 27 years I've been alive, all I know for sure is that I suffer from a complicated genetic disease, often referred to as F.A.P. It's full name is Familial Adenomatous Polyposis. I tell you this as I had a concern with an earlier post about an eye freckle. This was the first thing that someone discovered in me, which lead me to getting my first bowel scope when I was 12 years old. I think anyone with 'freckles' in their eyes should talk to their doctor about this possibility, especially when bowel, or digestive cancers run in their family. I still have to go for more tests, as they have no idea what I'm currently battling (possible liver/gallbladder/autoimmune issue of some sort). But I do know that if I hadn't been diagnosed earlier on in life with F.A.P., that I probably wouldn't be here posting right now. Good luck everyone :)
I also have three freckles in my eye...
Anyone that may have an idea; I'm at the end of my rope. For a few years now, I had what I would call arthritis type symptoms(also in muscles not just joints).I also had a problem, that my body was attacking any fertilized eggs,so I had problems getting pregnant. Doctors did ANA and blood test galore,found nothing. About 5 years or so ago, a doctor suggested it could be fybromyalga.I just lived with the pain and I am an avid hiker, so exercise seemed to keep me going. Fast forward to this year, I was working a job that kept me on my feet, started getting more tired and hurt more. I found a job that put me behind a desk and worked it about 7 weeks, when all of a sudden my right foot felt as if it had pins and needles and then like it was asleep. Spread up to my calf and then started feeling it in left foot. I quickly went to the doctor. I almost could not walk,day prior to going, but was slightly better day I went. For the first time in my life, ANA came back positive and I show a severe vitamin D defeciency. She ordered a MRI with contrast, that came back negative for MS or any problem. As of today I have joint and muscle pain. Problems with my memory and certain tones kill my head and makes me feel as if someone is walking on my ear drums. I loved books and now, find it hard to read a few paragraphs.My vision is blury,that changes from day to day,hour to hour. I have TMJ and have had carpal tunnel. I have had at least two bouts of vertigo. I for the first time, show positive ANA and vitamin D def. Any ideas or anyone working with the same problems? I'm only 46 and not ready to be like this.
What was your ANA level?  

And what pattern?
You have a lot going on,& most of which your symptoms sound like mine...I was finally dx...with fibro about 5yrs ago,but began having symptoms 2yrs prior. I was in cosmetology school,& attributed my pelvic/hip pain to bad menstrual pain. When infact it was an early onset to a problems of fibro.(even had a hysterectomy after I completed school & licensing) pain DID NOT LEAVE,only over the years worsened. The best way to describe fibro for me is a living hell. Most ppl don't know it affects you in many,many ways..physically to mentally. I was about 31 when it things just started effecting me/my body..I am now 38 & I want to say its just terrible. It takes me 10-20 mins just to get out of bed,every morn. Tired all the time,muscle pain like I have been working out really hard,but have not. This is a serious condition,even a lot of doctor's don't fully understand. I have been on so many different meds,its ridiculous,trying different things to live as pain free as I can..I feel like an experiment!! I have slipped into severe depression & my husband's found me on two different occasions,nearly trying to take my life. This is no joke,stress is a major factor in maintaining a lower pain thrush hold(long story for me,but that's much an impossibility in my particular situation) I have gone from being a young woman with a wonderful near perfect lifestyle,to having no will or want to even live. Always happy,socially the life of my surrounding,going places doing things,now I don't have desire to be in social situations,rarely smile,and keeping to myself a lot(even withdrawn from my family). This is just some hopefully helpful knowledge,that you may want to further explore. I didn't list a complete listing of all that's effected me,too many to type,but do understand,that each of our bodies & its chemistry is different,& what may work for one,may not for another,or vice versa,hope this can be of help to you. One thing I failed to mention,fibro being the platform dx.it spawns off,causing other medical problems,just continue doing your research,& don't let anyone tell you its "in your head" that can be classic,that's just particular a response some physician's like to say,because they are still human & don't know everything,but won't admit to you. Otherwise known as the God Complex!!! If your in pain or distress,find medical attention of someone willing to listen & more important help!!
Best Wishes...
Have you looked into a condition called neurofibromatosis.  It results in (normally) non-malignant tumors of the nerve cells. A related illness that was once/and is still sometimes considered a form of NF is schwannomatosis - which seems to match your situation a little closer.  It might be worth investigation.
Have you looked into a condition called neurofibromatosis?  It results in non-malignant tumors of the nerve cells. A related illness that was once/and is still sometimes considered a form of NF is schwannomatosis - which seems to match your situation a little closer.  It might be worth investigation.
I have been having the same exact issues. I have had test after test done and nothing really came back with a certain answer. I have done a lot of research and I think you should check out chronic fatigue syndrome. It sounds crazy but it is very much real. I believe I may have a mild case of it and will be getting acupuncture done this week. I hope you feel better!!
I have similar symptoms as all you mention here. I always had a healthy diet and lifestyle, am 32 . It really beats me what could have gone wrong. I was reading and discovered that few people were completely cured once they removed the mercury amalgams from theri teeth. Any of you having mercury amalgams? I have them and I was wondering if there is a possible connection.
All of your symptoms sound very similiar. My mom had those symptoms inccluding a positive RA and positive for lupus. She has now been on antibiodic treatments for lyme and is recovering. We blew it off when we first read into it thinking there was no way that could be it. But if you get a chance look up the symptoms please. Lyme is now the fastest growing disease out there, and the most misdiagnosed. Many lyme patients were first diagnosed with fibromyalga (fibromyalgia), lupus, RA, cronic (chronic) fatigue syndrome, parkinsons, ms, and so on. Lyme attacks all of the body. And there are several scientists that say it can be transfered from masquitos, dust mites, and fleas. So you dont even have to be bitten from a tick. There is an amazing documentary on the internet called " Under our skin" on  lyme. Please just look it up, there is a treatment that will help. I had 5 strokes in november, I was a very healthy 35 year old woman until then. Since those strokes I have the joint and muscle pain, chest pain, my eyes ache, dizziness, headache, stiff and sore neck all the time, severe brain fog with stuttering at times, sore jaw and pain in my ears, and basically I feel like I am dying. I went from a very hyper optimistic woman to a bed ridden shell. My doctor already knows what I have because he treats my mom, but just in case he is going to start tests tomorrow. Please watch the video, it can help so much just to know.
This is the first time Ive ever heard of anyone with most of my symptoms.  Im so sorry you have to put up with this!  ANA.  I have tachycardia all of the time, chills that make me tense up until I jump into a hot bath, dizziness most of the time, general weakness, blue and cold fingers, episodes of confusion, greying or shadowing around eyes at times, difficulty recalling words at times- fog, a new symptoms is shortness of breath- its annoying. I also have migraine headaches with visual aruas. My mother has Rheumatoid Arthritis and I just got a positve lab ANA and waiting to take further tests.  I feel bad if I dont eat and bad if I eat too much.  I responded well to steroids but afterwards seem to have gotten worse.  At times I feel so lightheaded I dont want to do anything. What is this?  I do not want to hear anxiety disorder from anyone! LOL.  I definitely believe there is a physiological cause.  The cardiologist just put me on a hypoglycemic diet.  I think its more than diet but Im doing whatever I can. Thank you for sharing your symptoms.  I thought I was the only one!  
I just saw you have a freckle on your eye.  I just had an opthamology appt and I had one also.  Im not sure it means much but the similarities seem to point to a common dx.
Look this may sound stupid but I am a firm believer in research.
I also believe in listening to your body or instincts.
I have been having all the above symptoms for awhile now.
I have also realized that there has to be a common denominator.
The insomnia and most of the other symptoms can be caused by adrenal
fatigue and it in turn can cause salt deficiencies in our bodies. How many
of you crave electrolytes such as salt, or potatoes, bananas energy drinks,
gatorade, salty or sweet snacks. Look up adrenal fatigue and salt deficientcy and just see if you dont feel better trying some of these things.They have helped me!
Hi my name is Raymond about 5 months ago I was in the gym and all of a sudden I got sharp pains in my eye then got real dizzy I went to the ER they didn't help at all.Since then been going to doctors took MRI of the Brain Mra or Brain Veins tons of blood test all normal.oh and cervical spine MRI some bulge disc but doctor said not the problem.i have headache every day for the 5 months neck pain eyes hurt and I here this weird like creek like a ratchet sound in my neck.i also have some hearing loss and tinnitus the net says I have otosclerosis and that's the problem but the ear surgeon says it won't cause these problems the and feel full every now and then and I keep getting bad pressure in my forehead and now the runs.Its really destroying me every day I am slowly loosing myself I don't do anything anymore I never feel good I still work but even slowing down on the I am really scared I don't know what to do.Any thoughts would really help thanks..
please request blood test for celiac disease.  I had almost ALL of the same exact symptoms...consistent with atypical celiac disase...thought i had early lupus RA all tests negative/neg hand mri/xray. No doc suggested this test I reqeusted it and diagnosed myself! also celiac is common in people with autoimmune thyroid. feet/hand symptoms could be neuropahty part of they atypical celiac presentation.   tried all the poisonous meds that didn't help....here turns out i need to avoid gluten.  good luck!
I am a 49 yr old women with a  diagnosis(DX )of Fibromyalgia(FMS) for 13 yrs...actually had it much longer but had t0o change docs to get the "it's all in your head"  dx changed to the correct dx. First I have to say BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. As a nurse (disabled now) I have watched patient after patient be brushed off as being hypochondrical or paranoid only to go on and come up with a dx the doc later conformed. HOWEVER I warn you to be careful as there are many theries,potential cures and dx out there that ARE MISLEADING AND FALSE...BUT listen to your body and journal your symptoms (sx). Ok so I too share so many or most of the sx mentioned on this forum and am headed to the doc for more answers. You see once you get a CFS or FMS dx etc. they sometimes brush aside additional sx as part of your anitial dx and serious secondary diseases aren't diagnosed for months,years etc. and treated(tx) until irriversible damage has been done.  Common FMS prognosis is deal with it it won't 'get worse' you just have to manage the sx. I can tell you that is false. Let me interject that a gluten free,sugar (both regular & artificial) diet  night shade free, dairy free diet has been hugely instrumential in managing my pain. Stretching, excersise and relaxation are key.(I remember reading this and wanting to wring a neck) as if I could exercise or relax. It is a gradual process and we chronically ill people (with good reason) are impatient. Few understand us...docs, family, loved ones as you truely can't unless you can relate. Anyway i go to the doc tomorrow to be my advocate! I will be back with my additional info. as I home I can help someone any bit of help my story can give...God bless!
I'm a 30 year old female. 8 months ago i was diagnosed with Graves disease. I had a severely difficult time with this as i was allergic to the PTU and Methimazole and also had all of the symptoms. Sweating, heart palps, arrythmia, muscle weakness, exhaustion, anxiety and more!!!  Finally had RAI and started on synthroid after going all the way Hypo and having delayed speech, no energy, aphyasia, brain fog, digestion problems, BP issues and MORE! I'm finally regulated on synthroid 3.69 and now I am having an problems AGAIN. It started with dizziness, pain in eyes, difficulty with vision then it escalated to light sensitivity, nausea, problems with colors, photophobia, brain fog, indigestion, pressure in the head, headaches, problems sleeping. through all of this i have only felt well for 2 days and this was before i was bumped all the way up to 3.69. even typing this is taxing as i have difficulty looking at t.v. focusing on pc screens and cell phone screens. I am not abot to drive because of my problems with lights during the day and headlights at night. PLLLEEEAAAASSEEE HELP ME! It's affecting my life and i can't get out and about, my dr thinks i'm nuts. I've been tested for every disease under the sun. I'm waiting for my eye exam and to see a nuerologist. Dr says it could be migranes (migraines) but if it is how am i supposed to function like this? HEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP!
Hi I'm a healthy 25yr old female needing advice! Over a month now I've been to 3 doctors one urgent care visit and the other day an ER visit.....symptoms have been nausea non stop wanting to eat but when I eat I wanna get sick headaches very dizzy shaky night sweats no energy short of breath pain in my left abdominal pain numbing feeling in my legs and finger chest pains...now at first I had pluerisy treated doctors said a cyst on my ovary now there saying kidney or GI problem my blood was good except my WBC I have leukopenia since 12 yrs ago and they were at a 3.2 and my vitamin D was very low also...they've tested for mono thyroid diabetes...I can't go on with this anymore it's taking away me away from my business my marriage and my daughter I don't wanna get out of bed and my doctors are just brushing me off with a crap load of meds and nothing is helping so please anyone with thoughts
Look into lyme disease by seeing a lyme specialist. Insects not just ticks carry many bacterias. We get infected from fleas, mosquitos and ticks to name a few. Bartonella, Babesia and lyme disease are just a few infections out there that are difficult to see on blood work. These stealthy infections have been around a long time and the medical community is ignoring them. This is why so many people suffer with fibromyalgia and auto immune problems. We don't have to wait for super bugs anymore they are already here. Mainstream medicine will not address or look for these health issues.
I had all of these symptoms.  I went to normal doctors that could not help.  
Fatigue, morning sickness, sore muscles, headaches, depression, sore hands and feet.  I thought it was Fibromyalgia.  The more I read about that condition the less it made sense.

My mom finally got me to go to her natural-path doctor and she said I had a parasite.  I took the medicine for it and I am geting better!!!!!!

Most normal western doctors can't diagnose this.  You have to see a doctor that knows about muscle testing.  If you want to get well I highly suggest this.

'm reading everything that was posted as symptoms and I am having the same thing. Then I read your questions you asked her on top of her symptoms.

~ do you wake up feeling refreshed ? not at all! i feel tired ALL day long, like I want to go back to sleep and could if I would let myself, but have trouble staying asleep when I do sleep.

~ if you push yourself one day, are you ill and/or in bed the following day ? yesterday I couldn't manage to hardly get myself up off the couch to do anything. It's not because I am lazy. I have never been lazy, but I sersiously have no energy and just want to sleep.

~ are you frequently thirsty ? I have to have something to drink 24/7. Even drinking all day, I still have sypmtoms of dehydration. Dry lips and mouth. I can't seem to get over any of this.

I have been diagnosed with chronic depression, but nothing is helping. I still feel depressed, fatigued, dizziness, headaches, nausea, stomach pains, sudden and severe hunger pains, sensitive to light, MAJOR mood swings, and episodes of crying uncontrollably.

What is wrong with me????
Have they checked your TSH (thyroid)?

Are you having tachycardia?  That's where your heart beat gets above 100bpm.  
You need to get the Western Blot test for Lymes Disease. All of your symptoms are exactly the same as my husbands. He had a false negative for Lymes Disease - it took us a year to figure out because most doctors give you the CHEAP test, instead of the western Blot test - which checks for secondary infections from Lymes disease. Your doctor will tell you the first test is "very sensitive" and "will pick up any sign of Lymes disease" , this is patently untrue. Ask for Western Blot Test.
Please get hold of the book - Could it be B12? by Sally M Pacholok. You may find some answers there.. This book has saved my son's life. He suffered from extreme fatigue and sleepiness, arthritis like symptoms, depression, etc for 5 years since early teenage and had numerous tests done but received no diagnosis. It was the numbness in hands and feet he developed lately that made me turn to researching vitamin B deficiency and in no time I came across this book 3 months ago. Its been a shot in the arm - I found all my answers there. I have started him on high dose B12 oral tablets and he is already much better. Check out this link  http://www.****.com/articles/19210526909/article
good luck and hope you get well soon
lyme disease causes the body to become deficient in many vitamins minerals and even hormones. I started taking all kinds of supplements when I was very ill. It helped some but didn't fix my health condition. I was tested for lyme through a lyme specialist and found it was positive. Western blot testing is not very accurate either. A lyme specialist will test you through IGENEX labs. They are the best testing facility for lyme disease and other tick infections.
I was where you are now and I am doing much better because I am in treatment for lyme disease. Lyme will make you very emotional, depressed, fatigued with never ending tiredness. These are just a few symptoms. There are about 95 more. You can contact me if you want directions on how to find a lyme specialist.
And, I'd like to add that there are many, many kinds of tick borne diseases that the lyme test doesn't test for.  It only tests for the bacteria in a lyme infection.  It's almost impossible to get a definitive test, but if you find a lyme specialist he or she will know which antibiotics to use for your specific infections.  I wish they would come up with more testing for these diseases, as it wastes a lot of time and money trying to find out whats wrong when a course (sometimes a long course) of antibiotics could help people out.
I agree with better testing. Our lyme md had to go by our symptoms alone because testing for co-infections is even worse then lyme testing. I feel sometimes like we are getting no where. We were in treatment for bartonella for 4 months, switched to levoquin for 6 weeks and it nearly killed us, went back to treating bart with antibiotics and herbs for 2 months, my husband is now in treatment for babesia, I am taking many antibiotics for lyme but possible babesia as well. It is very frustrating. I am in a down period right now do to die off. I am at the 4 week marker. We are still doing much better then a year ago. We are very thankful we found a doctor that knows what he is doing.
Has anyone ever heard of Scleroderma also known as C.R.E.S.T. Syndrome? I've had all of the symptoms and also discoleration of the skin. I found out about three years ago but then gave up on doctors. I felt like nothing was changing and I was terrified of all the meds I was supposed to take. Now I have relocated and started to get worse so I have returned to the doctors. Does anyone know of any good Rhuemotologist in New Jersey?
Help! Im a 22 year old woman who is otherwise usually helathy until this past year! It all started back in November with a simple suposed Bronchitis Infection. The infection was treated and went away. Shortly after I started getting daily headaches, feelings of extreme tiredness, moments of moderate to severe dizzy spells, and achey (achy)/tender feelings all over my body.Also included,seeing blurry spots in my vision, my eyes feeling weak/heavy,and sometimes its hard to visually focus on objects or things. The headaches range from a 5 to 10 on a pain scale and never seem to completely subside. When first seeing these sympotms my doctor diagnosed it as a sinus infection, but since november I have been back to her at least once a month. Every month up until this last visit in February 2012, she prescribed me a different antibiotic and dismissed it as a sinus infection. I HAD ENOUGH. This past visit I went in telling her all of these sypmtoms over again, insisting that the antibiotics were not working and that I did not believe I had a sinus infection anymore, and that I would not keep putting antibiotics in my system if they werent  needed or helping the cause of my problems. She became very testy, short winded and sent me for blood work and a cat scan. After she had promised she would call with the cat scan results she never called and still has not to this day even after I picked up the results myself ( it has been 4 days) I am still waiting on my blood work results which should suposedly be ready today Friday February 24th, and I have a feeling I will have to get my own answers on that as well since I believe my doctor will not call. Aside from her incompetence and unprofessionalisim.. Im very worried about my symptoms and what could be wrong. So many people on different health forums have similar if not the same exact symptoms as I describe, and theyve never been treated or found answers! I feel as if the symptoms grow slowly worse.. I have trouble completing the daily tasks that usually Id have no trouble with. I have pain in what feels to be the middle of my back..possibly my spine, my lower back, and the base of my neck. The headaches range from the frontal location, to both temporal lobes, to the top of my head, and really never stay in one set location.Ive tried tylenol, aleeve, excederin, and buterol with caffine which is supposed to help headaches and has caused no relief. Ive found I cannot take excederin or any sort of sudafed medication because it makes my heart race, and causes more sleeplessness, and irritability than I already expreience. My dizzyness also causes extreme nausea in some cases. Two seperate ocassions within weeks of each other, I had experienced pins and needles like never before in my face, nose, and  hands, both times my body felt numb, and I lost feeling in my hands. They became clenched in a locked position fingertips touching the inside of my palms. I experienced heavy breathing, chest pain, dizzyness and vomiting. The most recent ocassion that this happened I did take excederin, so im not sure if it was a reaction the the meds or that this is indeed part of my symptoms unrelated to the medicince. Please if anyone has any knowledge..help! Thanks.
I'm a 15 year old girl and I've been having these symptoms for about a year now and I'm not sure whether to go to a doctor or not - I could just be being silly (my mum would only ever take me to the doctors if something was actually wrong). The symptoms are:

- Dizziness
- Fatigue (EXTEMELY tired everyday and sleeping doesn't help)
- Nausea
- Abdominal pain
- Weakness in arms and legs
- Occasional Migraines in my right eye
- Headache
- Frequent UTIs
- Loss of Appetite
- Feeling sick after eating and sometimes even looking at / smelling food

Also, I was treated for lower back pain about 4-5 months ago and they didn't know what was wrong but they gave me 3 doses of antibiotics on separate occasions but they only provided temporary relief, then i was given an ultrasound to inspect my kidneys (there is no possible way i could be pregnant - still a virgin) but nothing showed up and then I was sent to a physiotherapist who helped for a bit but my mum didn't want to travel the distance to the practice each week so I stopped. The doctors also said they would give me an MRI if it persisted but I haven't been back and its not as frequent as it used to be.

Can anyone help me please? I'm scared
Hi Trixi'
Just read your blog, i'm not a doctor or anything special like that. I am 43 and recently was diagnosed with MS- Multiple Sclerosis. Have you looked up the symptoms? Your Neurologist can help you find the answers.
It hits usually between the ages of 20-40.
I originally went in due to severe muscle spasms in my upper back and neck that I just woke up with 3 weeks prior to seeing her. So she gave me trigger point injections. We had talked about a C-spine MRI cause Stenosis runs in my family. When I got off the medical table I had to catch my balance and she asked me what was that, is it from sitting on the table to long? I told her no I have been having problems a lot lately. So she had me do a balance test, she told me what to do, as i did the test i fell backwards she ran to catch me. This prompted her to have me do it again but she stood right there that time again back I went. She had me do 6 of them the same thing over and over I failed every one. plus she had to remind me 3 times how to do it. She than said instead of a C-Spine MRI I want you to do a head MRI.  My MRI came back white spots possible early signs of MS. She than sent me to Neurologist who did a blood panel and much more plus a full spine MRI+Deep Scan Head MRI( the first one was missing a section of my brain so I had to do a deep scan), lumbar puncture. If you are already set up for a Neurologist than I suggest you ask about MS. MS has Many Symptoms. They can order all the tests. Do you have balance problems? Doesn't mean you have MS but its does cause dizziness so do Migraines. I suggest if your symptoms continue or get worse go back to your primary care doctor. Or try to get into your Neurologist sooner.
What made me want to respond to you were, flue like symptoms, Vitamin D deficient. Plus your various degree of aches and pains. I do get Migraines that cause dizziness, nausea, fatigue, light sensitivity, but they have increased since my MS symptoms started hard in November 2011 to where they were debilitating.
I wish all the best sweetie!
I have some of you have too joint/muscle aches and stiffness mostly in hands ,elbows and  feet , weakness in wrists, occasional chills at sleep , exhaustion and sleepiness,painful lumps show in my legs ,I have 29 blood test done, some of then show up Lyme diseases 3.10 +,RA +, going back for more because this is not the final diagnose,I have my lymph node remove under my arm was very painful and swollen so they think what i have have to do with this infection on my body.still they can't tell me what i have.Good luck for you, i hope everything work OK for you.
It is so weird reading these posts. I have to mention that I too have recently had a lot of the same symptoms. I have felt crappy for months and no one can help me. All blood tests were normal except low vit d. they did not do an ANA, urinalasysis, or any type of test to check my kidneys.

My symptoms:
weight loss (30+ pounds unexplainable and continuing to lose)
anorexia
low vit d
hair loss
rash on face limited to right side of face only
headaches
nausea
cough x3 months
swollen lymph nodes
sores on top of my lips and inner lips near teeth
muscle cramping
joint pain (no swelling)
left hand feels like i put it in a bucket of ice water and its painful to pick things up or make a fist
chest tightness x3 months (normal chest xray)
rash on arms and legs (does not itch, but is scarring)
sensitivity to light and eye pain
dizziness/lightheadedness
jaw pain
ear pain (ringing in left ear occassionally)
hotflashes
weakness
fatigue
insomnia
unexplainable bruising that takes forever to go away some bruises i still have x3 months
occasional sore throat
occassional pain in left side/left abdominal area (worse during menstruation
constantly feeling sick and short of breath

Can someone help I feel like no doctor will help me and they all give up on me because they cant seem to figure out whats going on.

I've been having the same problems to and I'm only 16. And I can't see a doctor or a anything. My mom left me a year ago. Idk my life just *****. But for two weeks I had acid reflux straight and everybody kept thinking I was pregnant took 2 test one positive one negative. So I'm gonna wait a week. My symptoms I've been having nausea lightheaded dizziness having throw up or anything but last night all of a sudden my hands and feet start to swell up and I have no clue why can anyone help me?
Hey i know this is an older thred but I literally have every one of your symptoms down to the mouth tingling. I am starting the whole go to every doctor and take every test thing. Everyone thinks its my anxiety manifesting in a different way but I think there is more to it. Any any any info or advice you could relay would be much appreciated. Hope you are feeling good.
Sounds sooooo familiar!! Have you had incontinence issues here and there? Hard time getting words out? I think I'm right there with you but with no answers :(
I have to say I get a lot of these symptoms, nausea, brain fog, fibro pain/lumps, throat problems, rashes, muscle cramping, weakness, fatigue, joint pain, abdominal pain, etc and my symptoms improved a lot when I took iron.  I stopped taking it for a day or two and got worse again.  I also take small amounts of vitamin C with meals to help with iron absorption.
I have so many of these symptoms and others.. I finally found a doctor who is actually figuring out what is going on but I have to admit the tests results are scaring the heck out of me.. For years I went from doctor to doctor and all the test results were normal or not too bad ... Since the first day I met with this doctor she automatically ordered up tests I had never heard of ... and  so many of them are coming back abnormal or really abnormal and it is very unsettling. Has anyone else had tests outside of the usual cbc blood draw or thyroid..  that has given them any insight into what may be going on with many of us? I'm hoping to talk with someone who has had a hla typing test or an MSH test... I'm really confused and pretty scared really and am hoping someone can help me understands all these results.  Its also nice to talk to people who understand how frustrating and scary all thes unkowns can be. Blessings and a restful night sleep to everyone :)
I'm not sure you'll even get this .. I just stumbled across your post while looking for a related issue .. If the only way they're testing your thyroid is by TSH/T4, you won't get a full picture of how your thyroid is really functioning.  I was first Dx'd with thyroid issues when I was about 14 .. had Graves years later; things leveled out, then Dx-hypothyroid with Hashimoto's antibodies AND Graves antibodies. When I have blood work this is what I have run:  TSH, T3, T4, F(free) T3, F(free) T4 and TPO, TgAB and TSI to check for Hashi and Graves antibodies.  

Ceil
I want to be added to ur group. My comp. is acting up rigt now, but i have a lot to say,
I will be back to talk...my comp. is closing right now...so don't have a choice.
Thank u. :D
What would these mean o.O ?
PlateletGal has not been on Medhelp in quite some time.  I looked back to see what you might be asking about, as this is a really old post.  Maybe CoQ10.  It is a supplement.  
Hi there and welcome to the forum.  You add yourself to the group.  If you have trouble figuring it out, let me know and I'll try to refresh my computer skills to help.
Hi trixi, have you treated for Candidiasis (Intestinal yeast overgrowth)/ Leaky gut syndrome (especially after taking the antibiotics)? That is the root cause of most illnesses, especially autoimmune disease related.......

Henry

Henry
Hi Trixi138, have you been treated for Candidiasis (Intestinal yeast overgrowth)/ Leaky gut syndrome (especially after taking the antibiotics)? That is the root cause of most illnesses, especially autoimmune disease related....... Henry
the lyrica helped me alot! i got off of it bc of the weight gain it caused. 40 pds in 6 months!! can not get it off!!..:)
I can not believe some one else has a brown spot on the white part of their eye ball. I have had one of these for eons of yrs. my eye dr hasnt said anything about it either. Im not so sure they arent missing something....
what is CFID?
a yr ago my vit D was at "6"....ever since then I have been taking about 12,000iu's a day of D3 and 1 D2 at 50,000 wk, an magnesium and since then even with all flares and symptoms of lupus MCTD  fibro etc....all blood work has been compromised! either at "0" or none detected for all lupus markers...so aggrivating!!! I should have went to the E R when I was in Myrtle beach in aug, I had a flare like I have NEVER had before, red as a beat, eyes were killing me from the light, stiff as a board inflammation was out of the roof! thats when I should have went for b/w!! I will be prepared next summer!!!
I have had tumors/masses removed the first one we thought it was a mass of breast cancer the surgeon was shocked that it wasnt it was a mass of calcium! the same surgeoun also found a huge tumor/mass on my back on the spine they werent painful just flat an big masses. he took it off it was a lymphoma fatty tumor. I have stage 3 kidney, food gets stuck in throat alot an so I have to drink alot when I eat. I have had a swollowing test last wk it cam back "with in normal" I hate it....every stinking test I have done has been NORMAL! there is no way something is wrong! i HAVE all OF THE SYMPTOMS ON THIS FORUM been to 3 rhumeys none of them have the same opinion. still all leads to lupus an connective tissue disease. but after reading several of these experiances I am also thinking it could be lyme disease! have had majority of symptoms since I was a kid an Im 50 this yr an getn worse. I am wore out from dr visits an the majprity looking at me an scratching their heads and pawning me off to the next dr...thank god I good ins for now so I am taking avantage of it while I can! I have also lived in the chemical indusrty all my life the x worked in the chemical plant that made PVC for plastics and washed them clothes for 20 yrs.something is NOT right!! I use vit D 2 and 3 mega doses and magnesium. I firmly believe these nutrients are screwing around with my b/w. I am not giving up! thank you all for sharing your journey miserable as it sounds I firmly believe we can help each other and find that one dr who will listen. I also had a gallblladder removes 23 yrs ago and hysterc 15 or so yrs ago.
I thought I was reading my medical history...I have had symptoms for 20 plus yrs ld an new ones the past few yrs. this past yr has def had some major symptoms added. I truly believe we can have more then 1 dx of auto imunne diseases. I  have had b/w done out of the wazoo the past several wks and with all these symp you can not tell me NOTHING is going on an all b/w is NEG!!! huh uh...something is not right. I am almost at the point where I can careless abouta pinpointed dx's but on the other hand I need treatment bc these symptoms are serious. keep us updated on what you find...
I have been searching for yrs bc of all these dang related symptoms that has been on going an the new was deveopling this yr. keep me posted please! I have been to dr's ongoing all test are NEG and I know Im not crazy!! something bad is wrong!!! this is exhausting!! have you found ANYTHING as of what test to be done what teatments to be done etc...??? I have been scared bc I dont no what to think of these inner vibration shakes. this summer I had ALL LUPUS signs an symptoms. keep me posted please!!
I didnt know the Brown circle on my eye ball was called a eye freckle. Iv had it for yrs...this is the first I have heard someone else having one. have you gotn any more answers?? my eye dr has said nothing about it ....thx for your comment.
This are few ideas that I have Consider getting checked for Lyme, though IGENEX labs they are the most accuarate lab . If the test comes back positive find an LLMD that is a Lyme literate  medical doctor they are educated and skilled in this area. Get checked for  Epstein Barr virus , Get your hormones checked, See an infectious Disease doctor. Get an STD check. Get SIBO small intestinal bacterial overgrowth check, it is a blow test.   Also get checked for parasites I read you need to have 10 parasite checks to get 100% accuaracy or just go on a long gentle parasite cleanse. Get your teeth checked, it could be a jaw bone infections or an infected tooth. Or wisdom tooth site is infected.  Do you have root canals? Consider  reading  Root Canal Cover up. Some people end up with CFS due to dental issues, and once the issue is addressed the CFS clears up. Go on food elimination diet, stop all soy,  dairy,  sugar, wheat, corn . As for  gluten it can cause  dizziness, nausea loss of memory  and  make you ;super sick so I would just stop it for a few months to see, the key is to not have gluten for few months .You can look up the diet on the web. Have you been or are you around black mold . Black mold could be hidden in your house, car or work it can make you very sick and they symptoms you mentioned all can caused from Black mold . Find a doctor that is a Diagnotist Expert that is the key when you have something no one can figure out the cause. Also check out the new illness EMS Electro magnetic frequency sensitivity. Now people are getting sick from electomagnetic waves,  caused from lab tops, cell phones, microwaves, WIFi cell phone towers,some people have minor symptoms some people have heart issues and seizures ...so it is serious. I think when you  go away on vacation to a place away from all this stuff you will find out if that is the cause.Maybe camping in the wood take tick repellent with you :) and see if you feel better when your away. You cannot stay in a hotel because they all have wifi, If you like me camping if not your gig ...rent a nice  motor home and stay by the ocean side
BLACK MOLD test is only done by a specialized doctor look up Dr Shoemaker had trained some doctor in this area most Medical doctor would  have no idea how to check for mycotoxin mycoplasma. We have a science of  enviromental  medicine doctor here so he is well aware of enviromental illness  
On last thought get checked for candida overgrowth. Good luck and be well.
first of all, a BP of 135/100 is really not high.  The diastolic (the lower number} is a little higher than it should be, but considering all your other problems, do not consider your BP any problem.  The disease you mentioned, you called Reynolds is Reynaud's disease and causes a lot of the hot/cold/pain/swelling/skin-mottling, often pain on walking and using hands.  Smokers also have a higher rate of this disease. due to its effect of decreasing circulation.  
I have several of the conditions you have, and have fluctuating levels of almost all of the things you have named, and some you haven't.  Note, the complaint of dry mouth/hence dry skin/ can be caused by any number of pain meds, antacids, stomach meds/ and is called Sjogrens
disease.  Can be treated with biotene, but still a problem.  
Most importantly, write down your symptoms, when they occur, what you were doing at the time; if you took any meds, did they help?  Talk to your doctor.  You may be a medical mystery to him/her, but the Rheumatologist is your best bet.  They handle more of these conglomerations of illnesses than anybody else.  What is very clear is that you have an autoimmune disease; hard to diagnose and hard to treat; therefore, treat the symptoms, and narrow down the possible specific disease.  That is very hard to do, and takes commitment and perseverance by you and your doc.  Good luck; we all need it!
Rheumatologist is the only expert in care of Fibromyalgia, CFS, arthritis.  But, because the range of symptoms is all over the place, your rheumatologist will often suggest you have lots of tests, see other specialists such as allergist, orthopedist, physical therapist, nutritionist, etc.  So many bodily functions can go wrong (as you have described, and I have additional ones), and all the different entities should collaborate on your care.  It is difficult to get them all to agree, since each is convinced he/she can be your savior, but it just won't happen that way.  Let your rheumatologist  be the main choice.
trixi; I hate to say this, but you cannot attribute all your symptoms to a disease process.  It sounds to me like you are obsessing over your illness.  Some things you just have to learn to live with, because your body is not perfect.  God gives us the ability to choose how we will treat our bodies;  I think you need a doctor to tell you to what you should do about all the worrying you are doing over things not quite so important as you may think.  Good luck, and I hope you can find the balance you need to live a more productive life.  You are way too young for this kind of worrying about your health.  I am 2 1/2 times your age, and have learned the hard way.