Autoimmune Disorders Community
does any of this sound familiar?

does any of this sound familiar?

For last couple of years i started having symptoms. It started out with myclonus and fasiculations. And then developed into migrains,memory problems, weakness in legs or burning pain, cramping hands,dropping things, major back pain, and just overall pain and weakness and fatigue. I was dignosed with fibromyalgia and my paperwork also says mild disc degerative disease. i took savella for the fibro and got multiple injections in my back and nothing has helped. I went to see a rheumatologist for a second oppinion and he tested me for autoimmune diseases and lyme and then he wants to do a sleep study on me. He says if all these tests come back neg that i need to get a 2nd oppinion from a neurologist because the myclonus and fasiculations are neurological. I know there are many autoimmune diseases out there. So my question is does any of this sound familair to any of you that have a diagnosis?
I had some of your symptoms from magnesium deficiency.  I have been misdiagnosed for years and eventually figured out online what the problem was (had over 50 symptoms). Supplemented with magnesium (chelated with amino acid) supplements and symptoms started improving in a week! Within a few months, symptoms were gone.

Magnesium deficiency is easily misdiagnosed when tested as only 1% of magnesium is in the blood and 0.3% is in magnesium serum.  For this reason a RBC (red blood cell) magnesium test is better although can still miss a deficiency state. A magnesium deficiency also increases levels of substance P, a chemical which has been implicated as being responsible for increased pain levels.

"It has been found that 4 out of 5 people in the US (or 80%) are deficient in magnesium. If you are experiencing 2 or 3 of the following symptoms, you probably are one of them.

- heart palpitations, heart arrythmias
- chest tightness
- urinary spasms
- constipation
- menstrual cramps, premenstrual irritability
- difficulty swallowing, a feeling of a lump in the throat
- insomnia
- light sensitivity, loud noise sensitivity
- high blood pressure
- numbness, tingling, zips, zaps and other vibratory sensations
- being uptight or prone to temper
- muscle twitches, soreness, cramps, spasms, tension, tightness
- back aches, neck pain
- headaches, migraines
- jaw joint problems
- needing to sigh a lot, unable to take a deep breath
- hiccups
- constipation
- leg spasms, charlie horses, restless leg syndrome
- anxiety, panic attacks
- hyperactivity
- angina"