does hashimoto's affect diabetes giving severe hypo's
I have had diabetes type 1 for 30 years now. Recently I have had tests for Hashimoto's. I will find out results in August, but I do have all the sympyoms, weight gain, tiredness, aches and pains, a diffuse goiter, depression. I am getting severe low blood sugars and am wonderiing if it has anything to do with Hashimoto's, as I cant think of any other reason. Does anyone has both autoimmune disorders and have the same problem as me?
Marma I can't help you for certain but I know all these autoimmune disease cluster together.  it would make sense that your blood sugar could be tied to hashi's.  I think when your body is in crisis with disease it can throw your blood sugar out of whack.  I know when my father get's ill he does the opposite.  Blood sugar spikes but no reason why it could not do the opposite and drop.  Maybe while your waiting for the results and a meeting with your endo, just keep some of those soft candy mints with you when your sugar levels dip.