Autoimmune Disorders Community
don't understand my symptoms

don't understand my symptoms

I've been to many docs in the past few monthes.  I've even been put in the hospital for a few days because my digestive system shut down.  All these docs treated me for the symptoms at the time.  When my muscles and joints got really stiff and painfull, I found a new doc.  He has done many test and xrays.  He said he believes I have some sort of autoimmune problem.  I had the test done 6 days ago, but he was not in his office the past two days.  I called the office and spoke with his nurse and she looked at my chart. The response she gave me was, " the doctor will call you and talk to you about your results."  Like I'm not tolally freaked out now!  I woke up several times in the night with my fingers hurting very baddly.  I finally got some sleep, then when I got up my fingers did not really hurt, but they where swollen(not unusal) and tingleing.  Is that part of anything?  Can someone give me some support and info?
Did you get those test results?  You didn't say exactly what the tests where, so quessing their outcome would be too risky.  By now, you must have the answer.  What was it?  My prayers are with you and hopes are for the most tolerable outcome.
It sounds like it could be autoimmune-related to me.  I have had similar symptoms.  My problem(s)  stemmed from a toxic load of mercury and lead, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, undiscovered reactions to certain foods (food allergies) and candida.  I am on my way to recovery after lots of detoxing, dietary modifications, acupuncture and supplements.  I recommend going to see and integrative MD.  In my experience traditionally trained MD's who go strictly by the book, don't have many answers where autoimmune disorders are concerned.  They just want to give you drugs to cover the symptoms which puts even more stress on your immune system as it now has to deal with processing these drugs and the side effects they may cause.  I pretty much cured myself (with the help of a lot of research and finding some MD's who were open-minded about treatment options).  I was on heavy duty meds at age 30 and I think it would have killed me if I had continued. Sorry for lengthy post, just want to help people so that they don't have to go through everything that I did to finally find the road to recovery.  Good luck!