Autoimmune Disorders Community
high protein in CSF, Babinski reflex and Myoclonus

I am an 38 yr old male and for the past 18 months I have been out of work due to constant head aches and migraines, fatigue, dizzy, constant pain, ringing ears ( very loud ), sensative to sound causes myoclonic episodes, eye pain, blurred vision when hot, eye floaters. Extremely sensitive to heat, when hot have glazed vision and dry eyes, very short rapid breathing and muscle jerking and sweating ( it looks like i am having a seizure ).Everytime I eat and I am chewing solid foods my tounge, roof of mouth and throat get very tight and painful making it very hard to eat and swallow anything but soft food that does not take much chewing. All of my fingertips are almost completely without sensation causing it hard to hold objects. I always wear sunglasses inside or out due to light makes my eyes and head hurt 4x worse, I also have a severe gait problem i drag both my feet and right foot is twitsted out to the right at about a 45 degree angle. I have to use a cain and still have problems with balance and falling, If i get in any moving object ( car, plane, train, etc. ) i get instant motion sickness and severe head and eye pain. I have myoclonic seizures and my right arm tremmors, i also have muscle pain and stiff muscles. One day my right arm and shoulder locked into a certain position for about ten minutes and could not move it at all and last week while sitting in a chair i became paralyzed completely for about 25 to 30 seconds and started moving in slow motion then was back to normal. I have buring, itching extremely sensitive skin.

I have had every test done at two different hospitols refered by my neurologist and have do definate answers to what is the cause, I've had 4 lumbar test that show my protein is at 114, 6 MRI's and the last one they thought i might of had a stroke, the MRI's on my spine show most of my dics to be degenerative and signs of mild to moderate spinal canal stenosis and mild to moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis, and i also came back possitive for autoimmune and ANA at 1:320 in nucleolar pattern,  babinski reflex on right foot, Creatinine 1.4 and high macrophage.I have had multiple eeg, emg, ct, blood, urine and all the eye test you could immagine but these are the only definate findings from all my test. If you have any thoughts i would be very happy to hear them.

Also, shoud i be concern that my protein level in my CSF has been around 115mg and my creatinine in my serum at 1.4 for over 18 months

And is there anyway that Degenerative disc disease can be misdiagnosed when it is actually spinal lesions on the MRI ?

Thank You for your time, Chris Collins
.