A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hormone imbalances????

hello, Please help. I am a 33 year old female. I had a hyperthyroidism condition as a child which went into remission. The last year or two I am feeling progressively worse. I am exhausted sleep 10-15 hours daily, i am depressed,irritable and am gaining weight rapidly mostly on my belly and face. My recent labs were hight tsh of 6.7 low  but normal freet4. prolactin and cortisol slightly above normal.prolactin was 34. My estrogen is very low at 15. I live in bonaire and the doctor told me come back in one month after you stop birth control pills yasmin. My tsh was retested along with prolactin and both went down one week after first lab results but i had not changed ant medications yet. Do you know what may be the issue???? The doctors here are taking this lightly and are not treating me. I feel awful?????
Blank
642304_tn?1242610324
One possibility is that you have had a chronic infection that colonized your thyroid gland and caused the thyroid-related problems.  Without treatment these can cause relapsing and remising conditions over time, but they usually cause other signs and symptoms as well, such as fatigue, brain fog and cognition problems, respiratory and gastrointestinal conditions, arthritis-like conditions, etc.  (You can see a long list of these on our website, www.immed.org under signs and symptoms).
Prof. Nicolson
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
642304_tn?1242610324
One possibility is that you have had a chronic infection that colonized your thyroid gland and caused the thyroid-related problems.  Without treatment these can cause relapsing and remising conditions over time, but they usually cause other signs and symptoms as well, such as fatigue, brain fog and cognition problems, respiratory and gastrointestinal conditions, arthritis-like conditions, etc.  (You can see a long list of these on our website, www.immed.org under signs and symptoms).
Prof. Nicolson
Blank
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate your time spent. The latest is I was reffered to a internal med doctor and she has started me on levothyroxine, I am slowly feeling a bit better but still tired. I am going for a MRI in mid january, so I'll see.......;) Thank you,loren
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Autoimmune Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank