medication questions
I have been dx with PBC/AIH, I also have Lupus, Sjogrens, and I've had about 9 back surgeries including fuses, rods & screws.  I currently am on Actigall 600mg am and 100mg pm, Imuran 50mg tid, Kadian 100mg once daily.  I'm in so much pain, and the doctors will not let me have anything else.  How do I explain to them, that I must be tolerant as the meds only take the edge off.  I'm in constant pain and want help.  Could it be my autoimmune problems that make me tolerant to medications?
Hi!
To assess what pain medication and treatment will help you best, you will need a current evaluation by a neurologist or a pain management specialist. Depending on this evaluation, the neurologist may prescribe pain killers (which are of several types including opioids, non steroidal anti-inflammatory pain killers, COX-2 inhibitors etc.) physiotherapy, yoga, meditation, hydrotherapy, round the clock use of patches with drugs for pain relief etc. Usually a combined approach of a pain killer and a non-medication therapy helps give best pain relief, especially since you have autoimmune problems. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.