Autoimmune Disorders Community
ms

ms

2001 mri of brain for ms with contrast showed t2 hypersensitivity of of left frontal white matter and low lying cerebellar tonsils 5mm and 3mm below forearm. Had seizures for years, then they stopped and in 2006 after the birth of my son I started having vetigo and migranes (migraines). These symtoms (symptoms) have been off and on, then 2011 I started having a lot of back problems, gp sent me to neurologist because I am having soar scalp, numbness on one side of head that progressed to facial numbness, stinging right jaw, left eye twitching, leg weakness then I had partial paralysis from feet to neck with cold sensation in center of chest, this lasted a matter of minutes then gone but leg weakness continued all day. I have been suffering with fatigue daily, stabbing eye pain, wet sensations on left calf, numbness in feet and hands and icy hot feeling mostly on lower legs, cold numbness in back of neck and elbows, have internal tremors that wakes me up, burning sensation around torso, short term memory problems bad, froze up while walking, swaying and off balance off and on, foggy headed, intense coldness to the bone, limp sometimes when walking, blurry vision, stabbing pains in feet with burning. Neurologist ordered mri on 1.5 telsa and said I don't have ms, failed heel to toe and he had me put my feet together and close my eye's, I failed that to swayed and fell over to one side. He said I have many neurological problems but he couldn't put a disease with it, please someone tell me which way to turn, could this be ms and where can I get a answer. I was referred to a rheumatologist by my primary doctor but he ordered some blood work and since it came back negative he refused to see me, any advice, I am 44 and have a 9 and 7 year old boys who need their mom and they are understanding and help me a lot, but shouldn't have to suffer with me, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Wow, this is over whelming! And trying to parent young kids too.
Red Star talked in a previous post that low magnesium can cause migraines. Can't remember which post but look around and you can probably find it. Have you had a vitamin panel done? If so, was anything low or deficient?  Have you been tested for Lyme disease?

My family member had bad migraines and the magnesium is helping. She also takes 5,000 IU of vitamin D3. For more info about D3 go to www.vitamindcouncil.org These 2 things are pretty cheap and easy to do. Costco, Walmart ect has these both over the counter. You could start these while trying to find out the underlying problem.

Maybe you need an immunologist, who can put these symptoms together. Are they auto-immune or an immune deficiency?  For an immunologist in your area, go to the IDF immune deficiency foundation at www.primaryimmune.org They can give you the name for an immunologist that is aware of the 150 different immune deficiencies. This is a free site, and the people are super.

I so hope that you find some answers. This is so hard to deal with.

Good luck,
Elbamom