Autoimmune Disorders Community
my tsh level is 14

my tsh level is 14

my tsh is 14 ihad an abortion of 4 and half month 6 months back which i have conceived thru ivf after 7 years of marriage at that time reports were normal but now tsh is very high im taking thyronorm 75mcg again taking ivf treatment what should i do
Yes, your TSH is very high. Clearly it is going to be important to get your TSH back to normal if you wish to conceive to ensure the proper development of your baby. In addition, since you have had so many miscarriages in the past,  I would recommend getting your blood tested for Anticardiolipin Antibodies, perhaps Lupus Anticoagulant as well. These antibodies are found in Antiphospholipid Syndrom (syndrome) and make the blood coagulate easier and decrease bloodflow to the fetus and cause spontaneous abortions.

If you do end up having anticardiolipin antibodies (thick blood), it's simple to fix with blood thinners.

Good luck
I apologize because I thought you meant you had has multiple miscarriages in the past. If inability to hold a pregnancy is part of the problem I still suggest asking about getting those antibodies tested. Did your doctor test anything else besides just your TSH??
thanks  Jen you have replied me so positively my down regulation has been started since 15 dec 2009 doctors are saying they will delayu my embryo transfer by 15 days .  Some test has been done anticardiolipin IgG is 4 which is in range.and IgM is also 1.5.My torch test  is also donewhich also negative . Only TSH is 14.8.Now my endocrinologist has advised me 1 mcg thyronorm tablet....Do tell m e if any other test or precaution that i should take for next time....
I'm not sure if there are any other tests that need to be done. I was told by my Dr. that my TSH/ Thyroid levels would need to be in check before getting pregnant. 14 TSH is quite high. Did they test your thyroid hormones to see what those levels were? Free T4 and T3?? those would be a more accurate indication of thyroid function. It might be useful for them to do some thyroid antibody testing as well.... but your thyroid might just be off from the hormones from your previous pregnancy. Guess it would not hurt to know what is causing the high TSH. Also they will probably test your thyroid throughout your pregnancy once you get to that point.

I do not know much about what else you would need to do. I only know about the thyroid and anticardiolipin antibodies because i am positive for both of those and was told that they would need to be treated before I could have a successful pregnancy.  

I wish you luck on everything and hope you end up with a healthy pregnancy!