Autoimmune Disorders Community
mystery illness ?

mystery illness ?

I have been feeling sick for over a year. My ailments range, and I have no idea if they are connected. But, I do know one thing...something is wrong and nobody seems to know what it is.

headaches, joint pain w/ no swelling, back pain, fatigue, general sick feeling, muscle twitching, muscle spasms, pain in certain bones, soft stool at least 2 times a day (sometimes more), dizziness at times, frequent urination, hunger even after I've just eaten a whole meal, hands going numb at times

Ruled out lupus and similar dx's. Blood work doesn't show anything except inflammation markers are elevated. I don't have the markers of pain for fibromyalgia.

I'm at a loss. I hope somebody reads this and says, hey...I have that too. I am tired of treating the pain and still hurting every day of my life. I'm only 25...TOO young to feel like I am 80 years old!
forgot to mention joint and back stiffness in the morning
Am just passing through this forum , I am wondering if you should go to the Lyme Disease forum and check out the symptoms that are listed there, as they are similar, Good Luck
I also have been having some similar symptoms. I went to the doctors for tons of bloodwork....still waiting for results. Good luck to you.
What blood tests were done? have they tested your thyroid? did they do an ANA test? CBC? Which tests came out positive and which came out negative? I'm struggling to figure out what is wrong with me also and I have SOME of your symptoms minus the join pain. I have anti-tyroid anitbodies, high ANA, non specific inflammation, negative for lupus and RA.

I'm also 25.  Was totally fine until little over a year ago also, and then I was first hit with the fatigue, then the chronic dull headaches and then it went downhill from there.... I'm being treated for Hashimotos for my thyroid, but that doesn't seem to be helping in the slightest.... my doctor feels I must have something else... as of now it's a mystery, but we are constantly working towards finding an answer.
My ANA was very high once, negative a few months later, high again, then negative again. Lupus antibodies were negative. My CBC was normal, although at times my iron is low. My sed rate was high once, but has been stable since then (last December). My CRP levels are elevated though. Negative for RA too. I am also HLA-b27 positve. To my knowledge, they have not tested my thyroid. I will inquire about that though.

Which symptoms do you have that aren't related to your Hashimotos? Or that you think aren't related. I know sometimes its difficult to tell because I assume everything that is wrong is related to whatever is going on in my body.

What do you mean by "non specific inflammation?"
Hi..

I am having daily dull headaches, my hair is falling out, losing weight, and have fatigue and in general don't feel well. I don't think it's due to my thyroid because i'm taking the medicine for it and my thyroid levels have since been stabilized... headaches and weight loss are generally not symptoms of hypothyroidism associated with Hashimoto's, actually on the contrary, most people gain weight with hypo.

When i said non-specific inflammation it's because some of my blood markers had indicated inflammation, but with no joint pain/swelling and no specific organ malfunction, they can only tell you there is inflammation, they can't tell you where and why. But i just got a whole new set of blood results which seem to have weird results; my sed rate is now SUPER low (2 mm/hr) and CRP is neg. Anti DNA neg. only things that are really positive are ANA at 1:320 speckled and low C4, C3......
Have you been to a rheumy?  What was your ANA?  FYI - The most common autoimmune dx if you have hla-b27 is ankylosing spondylosis. Hope you feel better. K
How is your Hashi's being treated or are you being treated for Hypothyroid?  I was just diagnosed with Hashi's but my dr wont treat me until my TSH is higher.  At what point did your dr. start treating you?

Thanks for any info.
Sorry that last post was meant for JenB12.

Thanks for any info.
My Dr. treats me based both on TSH and symptoms. My TSH was not that high when I was diagnosed I think it was 5.62 (range of .03-3.0). But I was also positive for Microsomal anitibodies. I'm treated with Synthroid (levothyroxine)....

What was your last TSH #?

If you have hypo symptoms and are consistantly out of range even a little bit I think it warrants treatment.... If your Dr. will not treat you and you don't feel well then you need a new doctor!!!! TSH is not that great of an indicator of your thyroid function despite what some Dr's believe.

Anyways you know how you feel and you need to be persistant if you know something isn't right....
Correction: I just looked at my old labs and my TSH was only 4.628 when I was diagnosed.......
When I was dxed my doctor started me on a small amount (.05mg) and then increased it over time.... I think it's important to get it under control asap because it's more difficult to treat when it's really far out of range....it can really f-up your system. I dont get why doctors wait for it to get really bad!!! Its like you have to lose half your hair and gain 40 lbs before they bother to treat it!!! Its ridiculous actually. Have you gotten a Hashimoto diagnosis or does your doc just think you might be a little hypothyroid?  
Have you had your thyroid checked and also your adrenals?  I had similiar symptoms but also had severe headaches every day with going from HBP to Orthostatic Blood pressure.  I also felt extrmely weak and some days could hardly walk.  Be sure to have them check the adrenals...and your cortisol.  I am heavy but had Adrenal Insufficiency  with my cortisol barely registering.  I nearly died last summer from it not being diagnosed until February this year. Regular doctors don't know much about this nor do some Endocrinolgists...believe it or not!  It is frustrating to be so ill and know something is wrong and have doctors look at you like you are crazy or try to push antidepressants on you!  Good luck in finding a diagnosis...don't give up..keep trying till you find a doctor smart enough to figure it out.  It tooke me 18 months and dozens of doctors.  Took just a little simple blood test to finally figure it out.