nerve danage to shoulders, arms and hands
I'm a 63 year old bodybuilder. 8 months ago after working out I experienced a sharp pain in the sternocleidomastoid muscle and the back part of my head. I began to loose strength in my hands, arms and shoulders. I have muscle athrophy in  my arms and shoulders. I'm very limited on what I can do with my arms. I have had 2 MRI's of the neck and shoulders, spinal tap, 3 nerve conduction test, 3 muscle conduction test, 14 blood test and 2 urine test. All test are negative. I have a muscle biopsi test scheduled for the 11th of Dec. I suffer no pain. My balance is good, no leg problems. My joints are flexible. I'm on no medication
Hey louisianaman.
Welcome to the forum.

You need to rule out ALS. ALS targets motor neurons.
There are no diagnostic tests to dx ALS, however,
dx is possible by your doctor's observation of symptoms, along with a series of tests to exclude other possibilities.
Also underlying undetected infections should be investigated thoroughly,
as they are commonly associated with ALS (among numerous chronic conditions), as co-factors.  

ALS has been also linked to Lyme bacteria (Borellia) and this should be investigated as well.

Dr. Nicolson is on this forum until Dec.6, to answer your A/I questions.
He's an expert in this field (Pathogenic Mycoplasma  and other difficult to detect infectious conditions).

Wishing you well.
Niko
Thank you so much for your response.