numb fingertips
Last Friday I became sick with what I think was the flu.  Fever, aching joints, really sick.  Saturday night I took a big dose of nyquil.  I awoke Sunday morning with numb finger tips.  Completely numb!  You know how your fingers are divided into three sections, the entire top section of all my fingers including the thumbs are numb.  Not tingling, though.  Today is day three of this.  I am completely terrified.  My maternal grandfather had severe MS.  Is this what's happening to me?  Is this dehydration?  I'm not a water drinker at all, but I am forcing myself tonight.  Should I go to the ER?
Sleep apnea results in slowed breathing and low oxygen at night, even when the individual uses a c-pap machine. If a person is overweight and lays on their side while sleeping, it puts pressure on the artery just below and above the armpit. This three way combination of slow heart rate, low oxygen, and pressure on that artery prevents blood flow from circulating through the fingers. Look at your fingertips when this happens. Are they white?  Its indicates a worse problem, of course: if the fingertips aren't receiving enough blood flow, then neither are the more critical organs of the body. Therefore the chances of heart failure and organ failure are greatly increased.