Autoimmune Disorders Community
please answere!

please answere!

hi, ever since i can remember i have had a reddish tone to my hands and feet.It has gotten worse now that i am older.i am currently 25, and now its the ears also. for example, one of my ears will be red with a heat sensation thats on and off,and the other ear is perfectly fine. during the summer, my hands and feet in hot weather sometimes are extremely red and its terrible when i have a drink! i have been diagnosed with a thyroid problem about 5 years ago,but am not taking any medication for it.at one point the doctor gave me ferrous sulf..which i took for a while but stopped.i do not experience any pain. Occasionally, my knees and elbows get red and feel on fire.i know i cant just ignore this,as it can be different signs to a more bigger problem.also,i am ADD and are on adderall (adderrall).also my hair has been breaking off! i have been more stressed than ever!when i was in school my teacher said it might be Renauds disese (disease).  i researched a bit more,and think it might be erythromeaylgia.i think maybe the adderall (adderrall) is responsible for the hair loss and the headaches that i get. please give me some in-put as to what all this means and what specialist i should go to.
Hi marge10.
Welcome to the forum.

How and when was your ADD diagnosed?
ADD dx is more of an assessment and evaluation of symptoms.
There are no lab tests associated with ADD.

On the other hand, there may be a situation here of a hyperthyroid
condition causing ADD symptoms!!

Your symptoms resemble hyperthyroid, including the  brittle hair.
Why after being diagnosed with a thyroid problem, you did not take any medication for it?

You may benefit from hyperthyroid and thyroid hormone resistance testing.
There's a possibility that your ADD symptoms are b/c of hyperthyroid
and this should be ruled out.

There's a test for Reynaud's disease. You doctor can advise you.

Take care.
Niko

i was diagnosed for ADD in middle school,i was put on Concerta freshman year.I did have medication for the thyroid,and i did take it but then it was tested again and it was back to normal. last year a doctor tested my blood and urin and said that some enzymes were soft of on the high end.i ended up going to get my kidneys and liver/organs looked at-an altrasound. they told me that they would call me if there was a problem and if i didnt recieve a phone call,then everything was fine.i called them back and they said it was ok.for my thyroid,do i just go to a regular doctor then?
Marge, the TSH may be normal, yet a person may still have hyperthyroid
because of  the presence of  certain antibodies that cause false lab findings.
make sure you're seeing a good and knowledgeable Endo for this.
Wish you well.
Niko

PS
You may also post in the Thyroid Community for more opinions.