Autoimmune Disorders Community
positive ANA 1:320 speckled low TSH

positive ANA 1:320 speckled low TSH

In December I came down with fifth's disease and had a fever with severe joint pain.  I developed a viral rash on the fifth day and they but me on a steroid.  I started feeling better but noticed my knuckles felt "stiff" about a week later on NYE.  I continued to feel tired with a green mucus cough and was put on a zpack.

By the end of the month I was noticing that my feet hurt to walk on the soles when I woke and that my hands hurt in the morning also.  I felt stiff.  No fevers, no rashes etc.  I would feel better by midmorning but then I started having achey (achy) muscles all day and the red knuckles with finger pain all day.  

I went to my doctor and the blood work was all normal except ANA it was positive 1:320 speckled.  My TSH ultra sensitive was .350 indicating hyperthyroid which is opposite what I usually have which is hypothyroid.  Then I realized a pharmacy error that I had been taking twice my dose for almost a month.

I went off all meds for a week started meds again on Sunday.  I feel a tad normal stiffness I've always had in the morning and feel great all day.

Any ideas?
I find your post interesting. Last summer I had swelling from my knees down, but the worst was in my feet. I have been tested thoroughly for  thyroid, but I had high ESR of 76 and ANA come back positive with 1:80 speckled pattern. That can be an indication of lupus or RA, but there is other things it could indicate.
  Not really sure about your question of any ideas. Your ANA is considered negative, by what I have read. There is a strange flu going around that seems to linger, with joint pain and the fatigue is overwhelming. I have been fighting it for over a month, and was put on a z pak Friday. Today is Tuesday and I am feeling better,but tired.
I thought an ANA over 1:80 was positive?  All my issues started in Dec with whatever flu/virus I came down with.  I'm not sure if it could trigger something but it is def. odd.
You are correct.  1:80 is the lowest positive test on ANA.  1:320 is higher positive.  
Yes, 1:320 is an ANA reading worthy of investigating.  Along with all the joint issues you described, I think this lab result should be followed up even though you are feeling better.  The wax and wane of symtpoms are signiture to autoimmune diseases.
Does anyone know if a low TSH which can indicate hyperthyroid/Graves can cause positive ANA ?  Also I have scalp psoriasis, it's an autoimmune disease could it be playing into this somehow?