Autoimmune Disorders Community
positive ANA low grade fever borderline elevated SED rate whats going o...

positive ANA low grade fever borderline elevated SED rate whats going on?

Hi everyone

I have been sick the past two months and its getting really frustrating because my doctors keep throwing me around. I have extreme fatigue, deep muscle aches, hypersensitivity to touch where if someone barely touches me I feel like i'm burning, fairly low grade fever (99.5 area), muscle weakness, sore throat (not strep) tender glands, joint pain ( not visible swelling), tight feeling skin like my hands are swelling but they arent, severe lower back and neck pain, keep waking up in the middle of the night not sleeping well. Also having digestive symptoms including a distended abdomen non stop for two months, alternating diarrhea and constipation, fluctuating appetite and weight and heartburn. My bloodwork says my ANA is positive, my SED rate is 25 which I know is borderline abnormal, negative for celiac, cbc is ok, iron is a tiny bit low along with B12 but its still in normal range. Waiting for results back for lupus, scleroderma, RA, etc, but I am frustrated because I know I feel sick and my doctors keep jerking me around. GI says its"just IBS" even though Ive been looking pregnant for a month, Gyno says i'm fine, Rheumatologist says its all in my head and I need to go to counseling. Seeing the neurologist on Friday, I am feeling so sick and angry! i'm going to be 22 in 2 days and I feel like i'm going on 70. Any suggestions?

thanks
  • ANA 1:650, RF 20 (4 replies):
    My ANA is 1:640 and RF is 20. Not sure if its just 20 or...[more]
  • Lupus? (8 replies):
    I have been posting on other forums because I have no id...[more]
Hi!
Unexplained pains, sometimes the bones paining and sometimes the muscles can be due to a problem called ‘fibromyalgia’. This is associated with fatigue and a heightened and painful response to gentle touch (allodynia). Other symptoms include needle-like tingling of the skin, nerve pain, weakness in the limbs, bowel disturbances, and chronic sleep disturbances. Although fibromyalgia usually presents with chronic widespread pain, pain may also be localized in areas such as the shoulders, neck, low back, hips, or other areas. Alternatively she should be tested for gout and rheumatoid arthritis.
The cause of fibromyalgia is often hereditary or due to a physical or emotional trauma or due to lingering infection in the body such as due to mono. It can also be due to severe or long lasting anemia. The treatment is a mix and match of analgesics, anti depressants, anti seizure medications, physical therapy and counseling. Correcting anemia and treating infection also helps.  Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!
It is mostly fibro according to my neurologist, especially because my mom and aunt both have it. I am surpised that I have gotten it so young though
Sounds like what I have going on. At one point I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and often wonder if it's one of my many issues. Last year I was diagnosed with lupus and this year my diagnosis has been changed to mixed connective tissue disease, with lupus and scleroderma being the diseases.
i have myasthenia gravis would cellcept help my condition
Many of your symptoms are in line with Lymes disease.  Many people think that they only have Lymes if they see a bulls-eye rash, but that isn't always the case.  How quickly did the neck pain and fatigue come on?  Have you had a headache?  Do you have nightsweats and/or extreme thirst?  A vitamin D deficiency could also cause your symtoms (symptoms).  Finally...on the more extreme side, MS could also be a match.  Did your doctor do a MRI?  If not, these are all avenue's you should consider pursuing to get a diagnosis.

I say this as someone who has been going through all the same things and then some.  I hope you get an answer....I'm beginning to think it isn't always just one diagnosis....perhaps it's multiple.
sounds like an immune reaction that involved your spinal cord too.

Fybromialgia isn't a real disease yet in medical terms, only a collection of patients with similar symptoms. some suspect it's caused by an abnormal immune reaction.

maybe if there's suspect of a direct infection of the spinal cord you could do spinal tap. do full blood tests serology, complements, liver enzims, in search of indirect signs of infection.

maybe a immunologist can help.
Doctors have no clue about autoimmune diseases.  And there is a shortage of rheumatologists and because of that , they weed out everyone they can.  If the diagnosis doesn't hit them in the face, that is.  They should give the autoimmune diseases to the Allergy doctors who are really good at helping people.  So many sick people but the doctors tell you it's in your head to make you go away, not caring about you in the least.