protein c and blood thinners
After 7 miscarriages, the doctors finally diagnoised me with protein c disorder.. i was put on asprin 2 times a day. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant. I was told that asprin wasnt safe during pregnancy and normaly your put on heprin. My ob said asprin was fine. Has anyone else been on asprin while pregnant?
Hi!
This is a tough decision to make. Heparin is FDA pregnancy C drug. This means that its effect on pregnancy is really not own. Aspirin on the other hand is known to cause heart related problems in babies if taken in full doses in later stages of pregnancy. Both the drugs can cause early miscarriage, excess bleeding during delivery etc. So, while aspirin can be taken in early months, you should switch to heparin in later stages. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.