question
Can EKC in your eyes lead to an autoimmune disease? I had EKC back in 1993. Terrible case causing mastitis, sinus infection, very ill for 6 weeks. I have now been diagnosed with Sjogrens syndrome and saw EKC mentioned.
Hi!
Epidemic keratoconjunctivitis is a viral infection of the eye. It is not related to Sjogren’s which is an autoimmune disorder. The doctor may have mentioned EKC as a past history. Also, in Sjogren’s you can get keratoconjunctivitis sicca or dry eyes. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.