Autoimmune Disorders Community
recurrent meningoencephalitis and mycoplasma

What is the best antibiotics to treat the Mycoplasma that has caused recurrent meningoencephalitis.

I was a patient of at UCSF in 8/1992 till 9/92.
I have been teaching at Chongqing Three Gorges University in China and have returned to the states now. In fact I am back in California.

My case was undiagnosed as far as etiology. I was having recurrent brain stem encephalitis
aka meningoencephalitis.
I had 4 such episode. Had I not been transferred to UCSF and put under Dr. Olney care I would not have survived. It was suggested by Dr. Olney that on the on advent of my strong headaches to start prednisone to stop the oncoming recurrent encephalitis. I only needed to do this 3 times in the last 15 years. With each treatment the episode was stopped.
Advil took care of the smaller headaches  

What was causing my recurrent brain stem encephalitis was never determined until 9/14/2007. A old high school friend of mine asked if I had been tested for Mycoplasma.
I was very surprised when I met with my local Dr. Falappino on 9/25/2007 and was told that I tested positive for mycoplasma. From what I have been researching is that mycoplasma can cause brain stem encephalitis. It seems to me the the cause of my brain stem encephalitis was mycoplasma. When my body would get warn down then my illness would kick in.
Dr. Falappino is currently looking into the antibiotics to treat the Mycoplasma.

I have yet to met someone who has had recurrent meningoencephalitis and has lived to tell about it. One of my doctors once told me that if I had died during one of my episodes my case would not have been interesting but because I lived through it all then my case was very interesting. I personally give the credit to God that I am still alive and have lived through what I have.

I have had 15 great years since then my last full recurrance with meningoencephalitis.
My wonderful wife has had 15 more years with her husband and my three sons have had a their father. I am looking forward to many more years. Thank you Dr. Olney and all the other doctors that have helped.

Sincerely,
Andrew Eggmam
***@****,
Andrew,
Zithromax for a long time as discussed in the article below. Good Luck.
Momfromtexas

http://mmbr.asm.org/cgi/content/abstract/62/4/1094

to print the article go to the far right and select "full text pdf"

In case you have trouble here is the citation...

Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews, December 1998, p. 1094-1156, Vol. 62, No. 4
1092-2172/98/$04.00+0
Copyright © 1998, American Society for Microbiology. All rights reserved.

Molecular Biology and Pathogenicity of Mycoplasmas
Shmuel Razin,1,* David Yogev,1 and Yehudith Naot2
Sorry I gave you the wrong reference on Mycoplasma, please see this one

http://cmr.asm.org/cgi/reprint/17/4/697

start reading on page 708, ther right hand side "Extrapulminary Manifestations"\\

Anyway, the paper concluded Zithromax is best for that.

Citation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clinical Microbiology Reviews, October 2004, p. 697-728, Vol. 17, No. 4
0893-8512/04/$08.00+0     DOI: 10.1128/CMR.17.4.697-728.2004
Copyright © 2004, American Society for Microbiology. .

Mycoplasma pneumoniae and Its Role as a Human Pathogen
Ken B. Waites1* and Deborah F. Talkington2

I have a form of mycoplasma and am currently being treated with the Marshall Protocol. It is a research protocol, but the medications are not research.

You may want to check out their website and read as much as you can, including the success stories. This protocol takes years, but IMO... it is well worth it.  Mycoplasma can be hard to kill and especially if you have cell wall deficiency.

http://www.marshallprotocol.com/forum32/1263.html

http://members.aol.com/SynergyHN/MPall

Issue 7, Fall 2004: A New Protocol for Autoimmune Illnesses, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease: Combating Cell Wall Deficient Bacteria and Excessive Inflammation (Marshall Protocol)
by J. C. Waterhouse, Ph.D.