shingles and autoimmune disorders
Do you know of any autoimmune deficiencies/disorders where patients have chronic out breaks of shingles/herpes simplex, painful muscles, fatigue, anxiety?  My herpes simplex (cold sore virus) presents on the tongue, pharyx, and throat simultaneously, which according to the physicians that I have seen, presents mostly in patients who are severely compromised by another disorder(s). The doctors feel that I have an autoimmune disorder, but are having difficulty in pinning it down.  I go in for the blood work next week, so hopefully that will be a good start.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
Sorry I can't be of much help.  I have autoimmune hepatitis, but I don't get any of the cold sores.  I definitely get the fatigue and anxiety and I know many people get achy muscles.  How about typing in some of your symptoms and put autoimmune next to it, in google.  See if anything pops up.  Check web md as well.
Getting the blood work is a very good start.  Is your Dr. a Gastroenterologist/Hepatologist?
9743km's advise to "google" is very good.  There are MANY diseases that come under AI.  Shingles really doesn't have much to do with it - if you had Chicken Pox back somewhere, then you are open for the virus to raise it's ugly head.  
When you get the results of the blood work, make sure you get a copy for your own records!  Then, if you would, post the results here and maybe we can help you "decipher" them.  Just remember, we are all just "laymen/women" that have and AutoImmune disorder.   Myself, I too have AutoImmune Hepatitis as well as Primary Biliary Cirhosis Overlap Syndrome, stage 3.   "google" that one -:).   I was dx (diagnosed) this past Aug.  

Keep posting and asking questions.  That's what we are here for and also what we do.  Good luck.
Tmblwd
You guys are great!  Thanks.  I just found a response to a post on candidas from another forum on this site and it 100% matches my symptoms.  

http://www.candidafree.net/?gclid=CKiMguGO4I8CFRgXIwodKSaf1w  

I'll keep you posted on the blood work.  It's so great to have support--chronic illness can be so isolating -- all I can say is thanks :-))
You are welcome!  It is great to have support, isn't it?  I'm finding that myself.  Good luck w/the blood work.  Let us know!

Months ago, I read a study through co-cure.org that shingles outbreaks can be common in patients with fibromyalgia.

Good luck with getting a diagnosis !
I had painful outbreaks of what they called herpes on my genitalia and also in my mouth etc, it wasn't Herpes...I also had muscles pains and weakness.  Look up the autoimmune disorder Behcets Syndrome and see if anything sounds like you....Thats what they ended up saying I had.

Sorry my previous message was meant for you...
I have had lupus for 15 years and I have had one outbreak of shingles.  Could it be lupus?  That is an autoimmune disease.
I also forgot to tell you that chicken pox (latent in your body) can come back shingles if you are exposed to someone with chicken pox, at least that is what I have heard.  Are you around alot of children who may have gotten chicken pox?
I have some of your symptoms. I started Lyrica 50mg. twice a day and since getting over feeling drunk when I take the pill, it is working well for my pain. That is coupled with a darovcet n-100 nightly. It has added so much quality of life for me. I can actually get some chores done after work.
Have you had your Ig levels checked? Also, get checked for Celiac Disease