A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

sjogrens question

Hello-

I tested pos+ for SSA antibodies and am being seen regularly by a rhumie. I am not yet taking any medications etc. A couple months ago I had acold/virus and about a week later a fluid filled cyst appeared under my tongue on the bottom of my mouth. To make a long story short after seeing a dentist/oral surgeon, and a cat scan, they still are not sure what it is... It is being surgically removed and will be biopsied May 4th. Oral surgeon said it could be a mucocele or an infection. I told the oral surgeon about testing pos+ for sjogrens. He looked around my mouth and did not see signs of sjogrens that he's seen with other patients. Obviously we need the biopsy... But just wondering if those with sjogrens out there (as I feel you are more the experts) if it would be unusual to have problems with salivary glands without first having bad dry mouth and dry eyes? I really have not noticed those two things as being toublesome for me. But yet I do get pain sometimes when I eat sweets or tart things... Just wondering if starting out this way is unusual?

Just went to opthlamologist too for an aannual check up and told him about the pos SSA and he said he saw no evidence of sjogrens and my eyes look great (at least something does as this point!).

Dreading surgery, but looking forward to biopsy results to find out what's going on!