smelling of smoke all the time
I have graves disease and thyroid eye disease, and just recently have started smelling smoke all the time though am not around nor do I smoke.  It is a hard thing to overcome, very uncomfortable especially since I hate smoking.  I did notice others also have had expierenced this which in a way makes me feel better that I am not crazy.  I also have bad sinuse problems am addicted to nasal spray otherwise can't breathe.  Is there a answer for this symtom?  If so I would be grateful to hear.
Thank you,
Barbara Leigh
A friend of mine had this smell of cigarettes all the time.  I'm not sure if it passed (not in touch) but I know they scanned his brain to rule out problems there (its after all here the smell is "interpreted").  

For one, you have to get off the nasal sprays!  They are meant for short term and in the long run will make it worse and damage your sinuses. If you HAVE to use make sure its the salt water kind... Look for other solutions to get rid if your muccous (can very often be corrected with proper diet other supplementations).   The usual approach is to eliminate the big allergens..diary, sugar, gluten, etc..see if that has an effect.   Up your intake of good vegetables and reduce animal proteins, drink lots of water (pure). even limit or elimitate sugary fruits (lemons / lime juice are really good vs. muccus.).   Take probiotics, this can in fact help even sinus issues.   Fix the problem,don't supress the symptom (which in your case doesnt seem to help even..)   I might be stating the obvious, but I've seen it work for many.
Both my husband and I are addicted to nasal sprays too.  I have weaned myself a few times but after a few weeks get that stuffy feeling back and then start again.  I so wish I could eliminate the need for them.  Good luck with your issues.