vasculitus
Six years ago in my 3rd trimester of pregnancy, I developed an allergy to nylon which caused a skin severe reaction which the doctors called vasculitus.  I was able to control it and did not make a big deal out of it.  Over the past few years, the condition has worsened and is out of control.  I am never cleared up from this skin rash  Started on the calf areas of my legs and worked its way up my legs, on my feet, and now has found my arms.  The most recent outbreaks consist of joint pain as well.  Doctors are baffled.  I have had all of the tests and they say "it's not the bad kind, yet".  I have no clue what is causing this and appears to be mutating.  My fear is that it will eventually go internal.  Has anyone had anything like this or possible causes?  The doctors feel it is an allergic reaction to "something"; but I am at a loss and have tried everyone of their suggestions.  
You've asked your doctors to make a list for an Allergist/Immunologist?  Obviously you'd  want  them  to  test in  more than  usual  detail.  
Thanks for the reply back.  I am actually seeing an Allergist/Immunologist and he is consulting with Dermatoligists and Rhuematoligists.   The only thing that is controlling it right now is being on Predisone.  There is absoletely no consisting to the breakouts as to where it is going to be worse in which area (sometimes feet, sometimes, calves, sometimes arms).   I don't know what to try next and living in a plastic bubble is not an option.  
one possibility to consider is Henoch Schonlein Purpura.  It causes a rash and joint pain among other symptoms.  When you see the images on the web don't dismiss it immediately if your rash doesn't look like the ones shown.   Those are the most extreme cases.  They will tell you that mostly children and boys get it but there are always exceptions.  I was around 35  when the diagnosis was made.  Good luck
I have been battling HSP for years.  I had reoccuring episodes for 16 years, beginning in the 80's, before it was determined that it was caused by an allery to the mercury in my fillings.  I never had another problem until this past Oct. when I evidently was exposed to some form of mercury (it is in many household products including the new light bulbs).
The rash can be very inconsistant, but mine is mostly on the legs-sometimes the arms and stomach.
I am currently taking oral Cytoxan which is helping the purpura but has some wicked side effects.
Cat318 is correct-usually children get HSP and it is short-lived. When adults get it, it is more complicated, but treatable.
It is hard to diagnose.  I also have kidney and abdominal involvement which can help with the diagnosis, but there are no blood tests etc that directly point to a diagnosis.

Good luck if you are still having problems!