Autoimmune Disorders Community
vitiligo

vitiligo

i am trying to find out if i have vitiligo or some other issue. i am 43. i was born with a white patch smaller than a finger print on my back. a year ago i notice a small white spot on my leg. it has not grown. but a month ago...i moved to the valley and was sitting outside and noticed tiny (size of a mark if placing a pen tip on paper) in various areas on my legs and arms. the new dots are lighter than my regular complextion, but not white. i am very stressed and think about it all the time. i went to a fam practitioner and was told that it looked like vitiligo. and a dermatologist that said that it may not be vitiligo and not to worry unless it spreads. well, i dont' want to wait until it spreads. how can i find out for sure what it is. fam practitioner said my antibodies fight itself.

This discussion is related to I was test for ANA.
Pigmentation changes in skin are common. Unless one gets bigger than it is now or like dr. said it spreads I would get it checked out. Try not to worry!
Hi, thanks. So, the dermatogist called me yesterday and said that the ANA results that the fam practioner said was positive was so low that it couldn't be considered ANA. I am relieved about that. However, I do have this burning/itching condition when I begin to work out or walk fast, or too hot. It is called Chronic Uticeria...which could have been why my ANA was positive. As far as the white/light dots are concerned, I have since seen them on others who don't seem to know they have them, and some who don't worry about them. So, I will try not to worry as stress is not good.