what causes boils on your head?
I have a friend and they say something is wrong with her immune system but she keeps getting boils on her head and it hurts to comb her hair any ideas what could be causing it?

thanks
i have the same fcking prob... started some 5 years ago. it hurts bad, i tried looking up some books and net and all i find is these answers
1. the boils on head are usually caused because of the heat in your body. so if temperature of your surroundings are high , one starts having boils (which is true for me )

solution to this is:
i) Take two tsp olive oil , 1 tsp caster oil , mix well until bubbles come out. Then apply on the head. Keep it for 1 or 2 hours. Then apply grinded fenugreek paste, wait for 1 hr minimum then wash it out. This gives some relief for some days.
ii) apply yogurt on hair before you shower, will help for a week.

2. the boils are caused on head mainly to the people who have oily skin and/or cant digest oil and fat in body.

Solution : eat less fatty and oily food. and dont apply oil in hair.

3.some people complain of gettig boils after eating anyhting containing cocoa.

solutiion : dont eat chocolates...

hope this helps yout friend and me too ;)
My husband has had this for almost 4 years now he has the first 3 big ones burned off but they can back with a vengence. The doctors do not know what to do to treat this:( So thank you all for giving him a little hope. He has gone bald on the boil spots, and he has major scar tissue there also so we will try the solutions and let you guys know his results. Thanks again!
Boils. need to be seen by a dermatologist in the first instance, they can be caused by lots of reasons, and there is treatment for this.

Have you all looked into folliculitis.

Also have you all been screened for diabetes, as diabetes can cause boils too.

I would suggest a bloodtest for diabetes.
A referral to a dermatologist, for appropiate treatment

Hope this helps
Nicola
i have very bad boils on my head. i did some research online and have been helped so much. My doctor wanted me on antibiotics for them, but like so many other people, i read about, the boils became worse after taking the medicine. So this is what i am doing, it is fairly extreme but if you hate the boils as much as me, it will totally be worth it.

1. take turmeric extract 3 times a day. make sure to read the label. (got it at whole foods)

2. eliminate all oil from my diet. i mean ALL. it's so hard. lean meats, no nuts, and read labels for low fat content.

3. no caffeine. Just deal with the headaches for a day or two, and remember that a lot of sodas have caffeine. i stick to diet lemon lime or diet root beer.

4. no chocolate.

5. lots of fruits and veggies.

6. no white flour, no sugar. I use some whole grains and i read labels to make sure i'm only getting natural sugars. BUT LIMIT THESE!!

7. clean head with astringent then apply neosporin. daily

8. apply yogurt to head once a week. it's gross. and may sting a little.

9. exercise regularly.

10. drink lots of water. make your pee clear all the time!!!!!! haha.

well this stuff really worked for me. it has amazed me and my family at how clear my head has become after 7 years of pain, embarassment, wearing hats, and waking up to bloody pillows. (if you have boils you know what i mean!)  I am sooo grateful to all the people who left comments on various websites. I hope this helps. Like i said it is extreme, so run it by your doctor.

i have lots of good recipe ideas too. if anyone is interested.
even i suffered from the same problem.it comes at irregular intervals and i have noticed that the number of boils increase when i stay late at night and gets less sleep. the doctor explained that sleeping late increases the body temperature and causes boils.now i sleep early 8 hours a day and exercise regularly for the past 1 year and the boils have almost completely vanished.i am not claiming its gone 100% but it has definitely reduced to a great extent.
Auto Immune disorders are the most common cause.  Arthritis of all varities; lupus, gout, diabetes type 1 and 2, cancer, ect.  Its a simple bloodtest to find out if you have genetic markers for any of the above.

The above methods are well beyond dangerous for anyone with an auto immune disorder as you are very slow to heal and risk the infection spreading.  (Boils spread like wildfire when the pus comes in contact with any other skin)

Best advice; go to the doctor.
Hii,,

I have some clarifications...

please help me out.. Thanks
My husband has this and its called fleculitus (sp) he uses benzo peroxide product he gets from a holistic doctor. He was taking antibiotics for it but that's so bad for you.the Benzo keeps it gone. He was dx.. With is years ago. Very painfull... :(
Thank you alI. Your post have given me a better insite as to the causes and possible solutions to my dreadful boils. I have also been suffering from these boils for quite some time now. I thought it might have had something to do with the large amounts of heat my hair trapped. You see, I have dreadlocks and I live in the tropics. My boils arn't cronic but come at unregular intervals. I tried going easy on the fatty oily foods and that kind of helped. Up until now I didn`t know what to do to treat my boils so thank you all for your informative suggestions :)
Hi All,
I had worst boils ever, you are right it's due to excessive heat, insomnia and immunity disorders, after suffering so many years and trying so many medicines and home remedies which gives relief only for sometime and doctors unable to identify the exact problem prescribing heavy antibiotics. I found a amazing herb which heals boils quickly at any stage, it's houttuynia leaves or extract which can be eaten and paste can be applied on the boils without visiting doctor each and every time whenever a boil appears, I really found this very effective for boil problem, if any one wants to try plz do some research on the above plant and use accordingly.
thanks for ur advice
Hello i have been breaking out with boils on my face and head and on my head i have a big boil its huge and theres a bald spot there now, thankfully i have hair to cover it . Doctors and dermatologist  dont know what caused it or matter fact they dont know anything. They gave me 2 weeks antibiotics and that didnt work at all. Now they have me 2 months worth of antibiotics in hope of it going away. Will my hair grow back im the areas where the boil effected? And also will the boil comeback ? What could of caused it? Is anyone experiencing the same thing ?
This is folliculitis decalvans
thank pkelly619 ima try this!!!!!!!!!! i HATE waking up to bloody pillows!! lol i hate these boils cause sometimes i cant even lay my head on the pillow cause it hurts so bad also cant get a haircut with out bleeding
I have never had so many in one shot.....mom always applied amla concentrate and they would vanish......its so painful....I will certainly follow the advice given...looks quite practical and relevant. thanks!
I've had these for years now and I know what causes mine and probably most of yours...
It's anxiety as the head is over heating...Its like when you get hot flushes throughout your body.
I get a red hot strip across my nose and eyes often and when I feel the back of my neck it's always very very warm hence the heat produces boils and spots.

I've had a rare anxiety of going by speed and the clock for years in whatever I do(rush rush rush) and after years of research and getting nowhere at the doctors and hospital I cracked it myself.I have now finally learnt to relax more although it's a slow process naturally,but the progress is amazing so far.
Learn to relax and breath properly aswell as the usual exercising and eating well.
Naturally some may have something different,but I'd bet my right Bollock it's anxiety for most.
Anxiety exacerbates autoimmune diseases, yes, but the condition itself is folliculitis decalvans.
My hair has been growing back in those spots.  I take biotin to speed up the process.