Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
Celiac
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Celiac

I have Celiac disease, was diagnosed with it 4 years ago. I eat a very stick gluten free diet-not then if I says processed in a place. The problem is that then though my intestines are back to normal my blood work is still showing the IgA number to be out of tolerance. I have problems with my iron, keeping my platelets in range (Feb 181 and Nov 118). WBC and RBC are always low or high. I am still sick and in pain much of the time. I am having a scope done tomorrow for a cyst on my right ovary. None seems to be too worried, not just keep doing blood work every 6 months. I am worried of cancer or other things
642304_tn?1242610324
The changes in blood chemistry could indicate something else, such as a chronic infection.  Ovarian cysts are relatively common, and the examination should rule out ovarian cancer, especially if a biopsy is taken.
Prof. Nicolson
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...