Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
Hourly Migraine Concern + Ms related Incontinence
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hourly Migraine Concern + Ms related Incontinence

I qualify for numerous education, clinical research and other grants, due to over eleven documented physical disabilities. I am in chronic pain every hour of every day.  Abhorring negativity, and classified as a never smoker, non alcoholic beverage drinker, I eat an extremely healthy lifestyle, no fat, no carbonated beverages, soy silk, homemade smoothies, no meat, luna bars, greasy food disgust me, eating approximately 1800-2400 calories per day, I weigh around 142.  That said, I have Multiple Sclerosis, IBS, (which I believe goes with the territory) have been incontinent for over eight years, have a spinal cord injury, and am nonambulatory.  Simply put, I keep a positive attitude at all times, detest smoke an keep mentally busy all day.  Having tried four migraine meds, and five incontinent pills, none of them work for me.  Soo I just deal with it, wear three depends, a poise pads and am a recluse.  My question is what to do about my bitching migraines, as I take topamax no since I had an MS related seizure two years ago.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
642304_tn?1242610324
First, let me state that your address is the longest one I have ever seen on this Forum.  If you have been reading other posts on this Forum, then you may have noticed the discussion on chronic spinal pain, headaches and the possibility of neurotrophic infections (infections that target the nervous system).  

The types of infections that I am referring to are also implicated and found often in IBS and MS.  You and your physician should consider looking into the possibilty that you may have one or more chronic infections that we find often in chronic spinal pain, such as Mycoplasma species and Chlamydia pneumoniae, among other possibilities.  You can find out more about such infections on our website, www.immed.org

I am not stating that this is your only problem or only consideration, but if you have one or more of these infections, they could be causing a lot of your complaints.

Prof. Garth Nicolson
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...