Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
Ms lupus ?

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Ms lupus ?

I've had pain in my hands, head and back for the last month, and last year for four months. Last year the problem remitted but it is back and worse. I have weakness in limbs, dizziness, ringing in my ears and occasional waves of nausea. The pain in my back is a horrible burning pain around thorasic region. I have a neuro appointment as an MRI showed an arachnoid cyst on my cerebellum and medulla. However Ive been told it is unlikely to be causing symptoms. My gp said possibly ms? I had an ANA of 1:40, could it be lupus? I feel so unwell. My MRI showed no lesions. Does this rule out ms?  
Tags: ms, lupus, IBS
I really don't have enough information to make a truly sensible comment.  But here goes anyway.  When atypical diagnoses of MS, lupus or other neurological problems are present, and your consulting physician does not know how to Dx or how to proceed (if indeed this is the case), then you have to consider whether one or more chronic infections may be the underlying problem.  The reason for this is that some of your symptoms do not fit with classical diagnoses.  Whenever I see this, I become suspicious that infections may be causing, modifying or at least exacerbating the situation.

So I immediately suspect that one or more systemic, chronic infections may be present and causing problems. Of the infections that are found most often such cases, certain bacterial and viral infections come to mind, and you can find out more specific information about this (it would take too much time here) by going to our website, www.immed.org.
Hello.  I am in much the same predicament as this person:

I have been plagued by overwhelming fatigue, tremors, vision changes, vertigo/loss of proprioception, difficulty finding words, confusion, and limb heaviness/weakness, all of which come and go in a "relapsing" manner lasting anywhere from hours (fatigue/tremor) to a week or more (vision changes/numbness).  I have been thoroughly evaluated for MS (MRI, VEP's, LP...all negative) and excessive labs.  The only things that have come back abnormal are positive IgG EBV in spinal fluid and the connective tissue profile (blood) showed positive dsDNA but negative ANA.  Could this all be Lupus without the typical sx's (rash, etc.) or more likely MS just not "showing up" yet?  

All infectious dz's have been ruled out other than EBV (IgG pos only).  There was no EBNA present which I guess is what gave the pathologist the idea that this was a "recent" infection as stated on my report.  Can this be causing all of my symptoms.  Is EBV typically found in the spinal fluid?

Thanks.
I Have alot of strange symtoms (symptoms), such as hand, arm, shoulder, hip pain. sore gums, and muscles spasms around my rib cage could this be Fibromylgla, the only thing the doctor's have found so far is low vitamin D level of 18, low iron levels and rdw of 18.
Thanks for any help.