Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
Multiple Auto-Immune & Cancer
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Multiple Auto-Immune & Cancer

55 yr old caucasian female. 25 malignant melanoma, 40 breast cancer, 45 Graves 46 Rheumatoid Arthritis/Soujern's,
49 Thyroid Cancer, 52 Raynaud's, 54 Thyroid Cancer reoccurance.  I suffered Vit. D loss last year and started 1000 units of D.  Then Mid December it was discovered my B12 was 256 started sublingual 1000 B12. Cardiologist did Heart MRI and Holter last week due to my left foot turning blue, and my complaining of lightheadedness, trouble breathing, and rapid heartrate at rest.Stress revealed 4beat run of non-sustained ventricular tachtycardia with exercise.  I have no results from MRI etal. My new Internist felt it might be Pernicious Anemia even though numbers not that low.
As you may have guessed this is genetic for me.  Mother's side Cancer. Father's side Auto Immune.
Would this be considered Immune Dysfunction Syndrome, or just bad luck?
It seems to me the cancers lowered my immune response and opened the door to Auto-Immune Diseases.
I've never had Chemo or Radiation.  I've always caught the cancers ahead of the game.  Auto Immune no such luck.
I'm frustrated by always (it seems) being sick.  Any advice?  Thanks, Loretta Cox
642304_tn?1242610324
It's difficult to give any specific comments on your health, since you obviously are on top of any changes that might signify a dangerous change in course.  The vascular difficulties could be due to vasculitis or inflammation of the vascular system.  This could be caused by genetics or vascular insult (infection(s), chemicals, etc. that trigger the immune system).   Your blood clotting should probably also be checked to see if intervention is required to reduce the chance of heart attack, stroke, etc.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank