Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
Positive ana and elevated c reactive protein
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Positive ana and elevated c reactive protein

Hi Doctor. I am hoping you can maybe help me understand a few things. I am a 23 year old female and I went to my GP 5 weeks ago with joint and muscle pain and weakness and fatigue. She decided to test all the usual and also did other tests as my mother had suffered from SLE.Ireceived some test results back and all my organ function tests and thyroid tests were fine, however she said I had a high level of autoimmune antibodies in my blood and an elevated c-reative protein. I did not understand much and she further explained that my ANA test was positive and they were awaiting the breakdown for this test. I am still waiting for this.  Im still very confused. She also said she would refer me to a rheumatologist. I was hoping that you could explain what all this means and what it could suggest
I am experiencing very bad joint pain in my sholders, wrists and hands. I also have a loss of power in my hands every few days, and my finger tips have been going numb and turning white when cold which can be quite painful. I don't know what to do any more as I don't want to bother my doctor again until we get the further results back but Im worried sick! Please help