Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
Radioactive therapy

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Radioactive therapy

I have struggled for years with hypothyroidism.  Until a few years ago when I decided to see an endo dr.  He diagnosed me as hyper and put me on the appropriate meds.  However I stopped working close to his office and asked my internest to take it over.  He gladly did but told me that I had switched to hypothyroidism and put me on synthroid, and test every 6 weeks.  Well someone in his office saw my test results and told him to take me off of the synthroid.  The doctor said that it would be best if I saw a endo and luckily for me my original doctor was doing one day a week in my town so I opted to see him.  Long story short I was in thyroid crisis because I was never hypothyroid and the meds just push me to the edge!  I had to have radioactive therapy to KILL the thyroid and of course will be on meds for the rest of my life.  I just had a horrible outburst with people on the phone, I cant concentrate or remember anything, I am gaining weight uncontrollably and my husband thinks I am faking it.  Can I sue my doctor for malpractice??
I am not an attorney.  That is who you have to consult with on malpractice problems.
Prof. Nicolson