Scleroderma
I came across this forum today while searching for pain management answers and thought it would be a good idea to post question here.  I was diagnosed with scleroderma five years ago.  I have internal organ involvement:  pulmonary fibrosis and serve GERD.  I have horrible hand and joint pain, as well as intermittent pain in my face, back and abdomen.  I am followed by multiple physicians, most of which have stated I will be on pain medication for life.  Is this common for patients with scleroderma?  I unfortunately have to change all of y doctors due to an insurance change and I am very uncomfortable with the way I am being treated because I take pain medication. Thank you for your time.
Most patients with your problems, such as scleroderma with joint pain and other pain of unknown origin have chronic infections.  I would look into this because over 75% of Fibromyalgia syndrome patients have similar infections.  For more information, go to our website immed.org and look up the types of infections in fibromyalgia patients (found under Fatiguing Illnesses).  Testing information can be found under Clinical Testing.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.