Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
Strange symptoms
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange symptoms

I have been exhibiting a variety of strange symptoms since last spring. Don't know if it matters, but I had mono right before these symptoms started. It started with extreme fatigue, persistent, severe dryness of my mouth and eyes (I drink an average of a gallon of water a day and still feel constantly thirsty, and use both prescription and OTC eyedrops without success.)  I have also been experiencing extremely unusual confusion and memory loss, as well as a lack of coordination (dropping things all the time, tripping, running into things) that is completely unlike me.    Sometimes I can't even remember basic words and my sentences get jumbled.  I have soaking night sweats almost every night, also starting last spring.  Then two months ago, a constant lump formed in my throat, very painful, making it difficult to swallow and even breathe sometimes. (My CRNP said it was probably allergies, though I have never had it before and have always taken prescription antihistamines.)  Now I have begun to experience frequent tingling in my hands and feet, as if they have fallen asleep, even if I wasn't resting on them or anything, and moving them doesn't seem to help.  My CRNP suggested we test for lupus and Sjogrens, but neither of them seems to cover all of these symptoms.  Any ideas?
642304_tn?1242610324
I suggest that you look at the signs/symptoms survey on our website immed.org   There you will notice many if not all of your signs and symptoms can be associated with chronic infections.  More information can be found on the website in terms of testing and treatment.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank