Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
Unspecified inflammatory polyarthropathy
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Unspecified inflammatory polyarthropathy

I am a 28 year old female with fibromyalgia, OA, degenerative disc disease, SI joint dysfunction, osteopenia. I saw my rheumy on Monday and was sent for lab work and she is reviewing a non contrast MRI due to white matter lesions. On my lab work paperwork I noticed the dx of  Unspecified inflammatory polyarthropathy. I have looked to try to find out what this is but all I can find is the dx code. Could you please explain this?
642304_tn?1242610324
I can tell you that in a study that we did of degenerative disc disease with two Ortho surgeons.  We found that most patients either had Chlamydia pneumoniae or Mycoplasma species infections that caused severe disc inflammation and pain.  As a part of the treatment patients were given long-term doxycycline po with or without surgery or surgery alone.  In all cases the antibiotic groups did better overall. So, you should look into whether you have a chronic, intracellular bacterial infection.  ProfGN
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, what is?polyarthropathy an polyarthritis? was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Granulomatosis Polyangitis ("Wegener's") was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank