Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
bladder

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

bladder
I'm only 12 and I think (my mother does too) I have over reactive bladder syndrome. I have to use the restroom all the time. It hurts when I do and I feel a weird feeling like butterflies in my tummy but they are in my bladder. HELP!!!
I believe that you might be referring to Overactive Bladder, a condition caused by sudden involuntary contraction (overactivity) of the bladder detrusor muscles that results in urgency and incontinence.  

There are treatments that can help, such as anticholinergic agents that target the muscarinic receptors in the bladder, and they reduce the contractility of the muscles in the bladder.

There can be a number of causes of this condition, including neurological problems, bladder infections (one of the most common causes), medications, cancer, etc.  You should be checked for any of these by your physician.

Thank you so very much for answering my question!!!