Autoimmune Disorders Expert Forum
do you have any idea what autoimmune this could be???

Welcome to the Autoimmune Disorders forum. Questions in this forum are being answered by Dr. Garth Nicolson. This forum is for questions and discussions relating to Autoimmune Disorders. Topics include, but are not limited to: Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, Lupus, Lyme Disease, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis

Please note, Dr. Nicolson is a part-time expert at MedHelp, so this forum will only be open to new questions during pre-arranged dates.

About 3 years ago a woke up un able to see out of my right eye and within 48 hours my vision started going in my left eye. My doctors then out me on 120 milligrams of prednisone and methotrexate. come to find out my retinas detached and caused a curtain to block my vision. i had panuveitis and uveitis. My vision slowly started to come back over the course of 8 months. My docotors have done all kinds of testing and came to the conclusion that they think that i have an unknown autoimmune disorder where my immunse system is attacking my eyes. Im am currently on remicade and methotrexate its helping to a point but every month they find that there is still a lot of swelling in the whites of my eyes the optic nerve and the front of my eyes. But my doctors have tried to continue to look for with auto immune could be causeing this problem. Ive had shingles 4 or 5 times over the past ten years im weak and neauses all the time with chronic migranies. . I know its not much info but have you heard of something like this or maybe might know what this is? please help
Yes, I have hear of similar problems, but finding the underlying cause can be daunting.  If you have some sort of chronic infection that kicked off the autoimmune reaction in your eyes, then it is likely that you have other S/S that you may not be totally aware of, since the eye problems are so dominant.

If you go to our website and click on Signs and Symptoms, you will be presented with a list of about 120 different S/S.  As you go through this, you might find that your problems are systemic and not localized.  If systemic (involving other organs and tissues), then some sort of chronic infection becomes more likely.
Prof. Nicolson