Autoimmune Thyroid Disorders Suck! User Group
HELP!
About This Group:

Let's face it; living with thyroid disorders (autoimmune or not) can completely suck! And nobody knows this or truly understands it unless they go through it. This group was created for those who experience the numerous trying symptoms that the thyroid/immune system can throw at us, so we can empathize with one another, and/or share a few tips and tricks to cope.

Founded by Lori575 on October 2, 2009
146 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HELP!

I been feeling like im chocking for the past 2 days i dont know if there something wrong with my thyroid is this a possible symptom i also keep spoting and get these really bad cramps and i been braking out like crazy! but the feeling of choking comes and goes oh and i have gained so much weight!
1 Comment
Blank
910435_tn?1296752210
Hi,

The choking sensation can be caused from a few things.  You can get this feeling from having a decent sized goiter for sure.  You can have a lump-in-the-throat feeling from GERD or acid reflux.  Allergies can also cause this feeling.  Since I'm no doctor, I'm not sure what else can cause this sensation, but I'm sure there's probably a lot more.

The rest sounds like it could be hormone related.  Are you taking birth control?  Have you been to the doctor and had your thyroid levels checked at all?  If so, post your results.  I'd definitely recommend you make an appointment with your physician before trying to diagnose yourself online.  There are soooo many things that can cause these symptoms.  Only a doctor can find out what the problem is.

Good luck, and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Lori
Blank
Recent Activity
1217293_tn?1406773086
Blank
Risa615 commented on Grace358's status
18 hrs ago
1217293_tn?1406773086
Blank
Risa615 commented on renae176's status
Sep 19
1217293_tn?1406773086