Autoimmune Thyroid Disorders Suck! User Group
Not sure whats happening!!!
About This Group:

Let's face it; living with thyroid disorders (autoimmune or not) can completely suck! And nobody knows this or truly understands it unless they go through it. This group was created for those who experience the numerous trying symptoms that the thyroid/immune system can throw at us, so we can empathize with one another, and/or share a few tips and tricks to cope.

Founded by Lori575 on October 2, 2009
146 members

Not sure whats happening!!!

I'm new to this website but I've been researching my ailments for the last year and I hope I'm finally getting close to some answers. I am 31 yrs old and was diagnosed with Hashimoto's last year......when put on Synthroid I gained 45lbs in 6 weeks and havent felt any better. Although I do feel I have some symptoms of Hypo......fatigue, weight gain I have many symtoms (symptoms) of Hyper.....my heart rate is extremely high like 155-165....I had a heart monitor implanted last year because I kept blacking out when my heart rate got really high (wrecked my car). My blood pressure is great 110/70 but I have anxiety. I have always had a lot of nervous energy. My Endocrinologist is not the most talkative guy spends like 5 mins with me and from what I gather I have a growth on my thyroid that he biopsied in Jan and it wasn't cancer.My glucose levels were in the 120's when he checked them in Jan so he gave me Metformin for them (didn't explain why).I lost my insurance and just recently got it back and am switching to a new doctor who I am going to see next week. These are my lastest test results TSH: 8.96, Thyroglobulin AB 480, Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies >1000, Free T4 0.61   Also my thyroid is quite swollen and it is painful to swallow. I'm hope this new doctor is a lttle more aggressive in his treatment and explains whats going on so I don't have to do all the research myself.
Risa615 commented on KeeLolo's status
Risa615 commented on Risa615's status
Risa615 looking forward to family t... Comment
Nov 22