Autoimmune Thyroid Disorders Suck! User Group
SKIN PROBLEMS??? RASH?? GRAVES!!!
About This Group:

Let's face it; living with thyroid disorders (autoimmune or not) can completely suck! And nobody knows this or truly understands it unless they go through it. This group was created for those who experience the numerous trying symptoms that the thyroid/immune system can throw at us, so we can empathize with one another, and/or share a few tips and tricks to cope.

Founded by Lori575 on October 2, 2009
140 members

SKIN PROBLEMS??? RASH?? GRAVES!!!

I am curious if  anyone else here is suffering from the above?? Thanks... Cara
Hi . I have had graves disease for 12 years, and suffered with skin rashes and hives.
I do believe it can be a common problem off graves, what are your rashes like and were are they? what is the appearance off them. and do you take anti-thyroid drugs, as this can make rashes worse.
What are youre latest bloods, ft3, ft4,tsh.
Hope this off some benefit.
Take care keep me posted.
Nicola.
Hi Cara,

I have a horrible time with rashes sometimes.  Although, I do have allergies/eczema, so I'm sure that's most of it, but ever since my Graves came out of remission and I was diagnosed with also having Hashimotos, I have new rashes that do not look the same as the eczema patches I get.  I started getting them on my shins and one of my wrists.  It responds somewhat to steroid creams but always comes back.  Odd thing is that in the summer, I usually have very minimal problems with these rashes.  It's usually around this time they get really bad.  What about yours?
I also have eczema and mine flares up more in the summer. In the sun it goes crazy nuts and I just hate it. A new rash has appeared on me 2 years ago. It attacks the tops of my feet only. I get tons of these red dots. It does not itch at first at all. Then after about three weeks it starts to itch and nothing stops it. It is very gross to look at. My doctor told me that it is just another form of eczema but I am not so sure about that. This stupid graves disease has just about got me all done in. Because of it I now have fibromyalgia and IBS. I found out that I had graves in 04 and these numbers that they throw at you are just to confusing to me. At this time they tell me I am extremely hypo with a number of 140. I ask them what that means and if I should be worried because I feel just horrible. I get, your hypo. Well thanks very much. I needed to find some type of forum so that I can vent and to hopefully get some answers. So please I hope someone can help me.

Lori
Before I had RAI and was Hyper with graves but treated I would get small exzema (eczema) like patches in places. Medication wouldn't make them go away. I was never told they were related but when I went hypo they got better. So I think they must have been related. By the way I would take the rashes back and be hyper again if I could.
I was recently diagnosed with Graves I kept going to the doctor for the past four years with rashes and hives on my upper legs and shins. He just kept telling me it was allergies. Then I was having 10 to 15 bladder infections a year. I felt liked body was constantly in an infection mode. Now I was diagnosed with heaves and sm really hyped right now and I have the itchy skin and hives. I really feel this was my thyroid all along.
Cara have you seen a dermatologist for this?  What you describe with the sun helping the rash sounds like psoriasis.  It usually improves with sun exposure.  When folks like us have an Autoimmune problem, it can make us more susceptible to things like psoriasis and eczema.
Risa615 commented on Risa615's status
Apr 16
Risa615 commented on Who am I?
Apr 16
Risa615 commented on Yrmacias's status
Apr 16