So discouraged. Can't stop crying. Very hypo & hyper too
(also posted in thyroiditis forum: is this proper??)
Hello!
This is long - didn't know how to make it any shorter.

Was given a new script for 112 mcg generic levothyroxine due to numbers below and increased sleepiness and cold feelings in the last several weeks. Also i am crying and sleeping 6-8 hours during the day again.
I'm exhausted and the battle has just begun - I do realize this. Seems like forever since disagnosis in Nov 2010.
But i must have been sick for quite awhile  with a TSH of 48 -- and battling permanent effects of pernicious anemia undiagnosed for ?? years.

Sob Sob... I was feeling a little better and then crashed back into massive sleeping and being chilly suddenly. My TSH changed quite a bit in 2 months. T4 stayed about the same. and now i have all the new tests to figure in.

NUMBERS POSTED HERE FOR REFERENCE: hope they are readable
All tests taken 2/15/11 for the FIRST time: (originally diagnosed November 2010)

Anti Thyroglobulin Antibody:
     Anti Thyrogl. Ab      158 High   (normals: 0-115 IU/mL)
     Anti TPO Ab            12            (normals: 0-34   "       )

Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin:
                                  1.5 High   (norm: less than or equal to 1.3) TSI Index

I would appreciate any input on above autoimmune tests. I believe the endo was saying i have positive antibodies for hashi and graves - and that I may be on a hyper/hypo rollercoaster. YIKES> although I am definitely Hypo. Primary.

Also new was test for Vitamin D. She had instructed me to take 5,000 units of D3. and the results were good:
     Total Vitamin D  25 Hyroxy:       43    (norm:  25-80 ng/mL)  I had been deficient.

Here are some more results:
including previous tests:

(taking generic levothyroxine 100mcg during all this time)

TSH   3.570   Feb 15;        
         0.675   Dec 13
         47.590  Nov 2  initially
range (0.270-4.200)

FreeT4 1.390  Feb 15;    
           1.440  Dec 13
(range 0.9000-1.700 ng/dL) (only tested twice)

Free T3  2.91  (first test) Feb 15
(range 2.0-4.4 pg/mL)

I feel like i am starting all over. I just sobbed all day - on and off - today. I insulted people and irritated them. There are only a few people in my life so I can't afford to upset them. I'm tired and tired of being tired. I have been 'unwell' for 8 years - that is when i could no longer work though i had no idea why at the time.

Lastly, endo did say something about my extreme numbers making me a good case for killing off my thyroid (my words:) she said something about radioactive isotopes or something).... She said she doesn't need to see me for 4 months. I'll never make it like this.

Maybe I should post this in a forum i saw called 'thyroiditis *****' or something like that... I'm not looking for pity; just understanding. I'm only hearing from my family -none of whom has ever had any of this- "Well it could be a lot worse!"

Jeepers, like I don't know that. However it does deserve acknowledgment. What we all go through here. I'm so lonely...

Any comments or thoughts or suggestions or even some way I can help you...  will be welcomed and greatly appreciated.
Nancy
I'm sorry you're feeling so bad at the moment. I know it's horrible and so much worse when no-one seems to understand how bad you feel just because they can't physically see it. My sister has Lupus and therefore nothing I feel can ever be as bad as what she's had to go through - at least that what I feel my family think. I'm 26 and was only diagnosed 2 years ago but I think it has been going on for years. My family just thought I was so lazy sleeping all day, never wanting to do anything and generally being antisocial. My levels are still up and down like a yo-yo so going through good and bad phases. I - like you - wish more people could understand how much strain this puts on a person and be more understanding.

I very much hope you start feeling better soon x
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Risa615 commented on photo
Sep 08
Risa615 commented on veronica0808's status
Sep 07
Risa615 commented on photo
Sep 06