Switching from Levothyroxine to Synthyroid
Anyone have negative side effects after starting Synthyroid?   I’ve been taking the generic Levothyroxine for about 11 yrs and then I went to see an endo for the first time and he switched me to Synthyroid and now I feel horrible.  Has anyone else experienced this?  My symptoms are all over the place; hungry but then feel sick after eating, burning feeling in hands and feet, tired, dizzy,brain fog,cold hands,hot red feet, just an overall ill feeling.  These symptoms started 5 days after starting Synthyroid.  Please Help :(
How odd that you posted this.  I was taking Levothyroxine for a while as well.  I experienced all the symptoms you listed, plus many more nuerological symptoms.  It was like a huge wave of crazy symptoms over a course of a few weeks.  This is when I was switched to Synthroid, and the dosage was bumped up a little.  My symtoms subsided for the most part, although I do get them here & there still.  I"m not sure what did the trick.  I used to think it was switching to Synthroid, but since you say this, I wonder if it was the fact that my Dr. bumped up the mcg's instead.  What are your levels?  Did your Dr. just switch you to the name brand, or did they adjust the dosing as well?
Hello Lori,
   He not only switched my brand from Levothyroxine to Synthroid but also switched my dosage from 75mcg to 88mcg.  I do have hypothyroidism due to hashimotos disease my levels are TSH 10 (yes it is high but down from 42), antibodies 200, but he did not tell me my T3 or T4 levels.  He said they were in the normal ranges.  

Thank you for your response,
Natalie
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Risa615 commented on Belle313's status
Jul 23
Risa615 commented on cheekyhalfs's status
Jul 23
Risa615 commented on photo
Jul 23