Autoimmune Thyroid Disorders Suck! User Group
Tested Positive for ANA Blood Test
About This Group:

Let's face it; living with thyroid disorders (autoimmune or not) can completely suck! And nobody knows this or truly understands it unless they go through it. This group was created for those who experience the numerous trying symptoms that the thyroid/immune system can throw at us, so we can empathize with one another, and/or share a few tips and tricks to cope.

Founded by Lori575 on October 2, 2009
140 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tested Positive for ANA Blood Test

Hello,

I just found out that I tested positive for the ANA Blood Test. I am wondering what kind of possible illnesses might fit me. I do feel extreme fatigue throughout the day. When I wake up I feel this weird heavy weighed down feeling on my body and don't have that rested feel after sleeping a long time. I do have excessive hair loss but no bald patches. The hair loss though could be a side effect from one of the medication I am taking. I have gained 22 pounds in a short amount of time and I am not eating excessively or having a terrible unhealthy diet which could contribute to that. I have recently stopped taking one of the medications I have been on in the past, so maybe that can be why I gained so much weight. I am not pregnant. Sometimes I feel chest pain, but it is rare. I don't have any fevers, headaches or rashes. I do have trouble with memory loss a little. I don't have joint pain. My mother did have hypothyroidism but my test came back negative. I do feel a sensitivity to cold when I am trying to fall asleep even with the blanket and covers on me. I do suffer from anxiety and that is why I am taking medication. Any thoughts?
1 Comment
Blank
910435_tn?1296752210
I know that a positive ANA can mean lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, etc.  I'm not sure how they can tell which it could be, if any, and I don't know the symptoms of those.  Your symptoms do sound similar to thyroid disease as well.  I'd definitely have a doctor check your thyroid antibodies , along with T3, T4, etc....not just TSH if he/she has done so in the past already.  
Blank
Recent Activity
1217293_tn?1396839737
Blank
Risa615 commented on Risa615's status
Apr 16
1217293_tn?1396839737
Blank
Risa615 commented on Who am I?
Apr 16
1217293_tn?1396839737
Blank