Aa
A
A
Close
Tested Positive for ANA Blood Test
Hello,

I just found out that I tested positive for the ANA Blood Test. I am wondering what kind of possible illnesses might fit me. I do feel extreme fatigue throughout the day. When I wake up I feel this weird heavy weighed down feeling on my body and don't have that rested feel after sleeping a long time. I do have excessive hair loss but no bald patches. The hair loss though could be a side effect from one of the medication I am taking. I have gained 22 pounds in a short amount of time and I am not eating excessively or having a terrible unhealthy diet which could contribute to that. I have recently stopped taking one of the medications I have been on in the past, so maybe that can be why I gained so much weight. I am not pregnant. Sometimes I feel chest pain, but it is rare. I don't have any fevers, headaches or rashes. I do have trouble with memory loss a little. I don't have joint pain. My mother did have hypothyroidism but my test came back negative. I do feel a sensitivity to cold when I am trying to fall asleep even with the blanket and covers on me. I do suffer from anxiety and that is why I am taking medication. Any thoughts?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
910435 tn?1296752210
I know that a positive ANA can mean lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, etc.  I'm not sure how they can tell which it could be, if any, and I don't know the symptoms of those.  Your symptoms do sound similar to thyroid disease as well.  I'd definitely have a doctor check your thyroid antibodies , along with T3, T4, etc....not just TSH if he/she has done so in the past already.  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
1217293 tn?1467357944
Blank
Risa615 commented on photo
Sep 08
1217293 tn?1467357944
Blank
Risa615 commented on veronica0808's status
Sep 07
1217293 tn?1467357944