Autoimmune Thyroid Disorders Suck! User Group
Why have Dr's stopped listening!
About This Group:

Let's face it; living with thyroid disorders (autoimmune or not) can completely suck! And nobody knows this or truly understands it unless they go through it. This group was created for those who experience the numerous trying symptoms that the thyroid/immune system can throw at us, so we can empathize with one another, and/or share a few tips and tricks to cope.

Founded by Lori575 on October 2, 2009
146 members

Why have Dr's stopped listening!

I need a Dr. who will prescribe Armour thyroid in the NE part of Kansas. I was diagnosed with Grave's 16 yrs ago and jumped through many hoops. I was left on medications longer than I needed to be, had to do a liver screen to make sure it didn't damage my liver. Long story short, I've been living without my thyroid now for approx. 13 years. I feel I need a natural replacement as oppose to a man made synthetic. I knew my meds were not working and the nurse said my numbers were fine, and it didn't need to be changed. I need all the hormones, T4, T3 and so on. Not just T4. I believe the other hormones would be benefical to my muscle function and other body fuctions. My meds have been increased from 100mcg daily to 112mcg daily,because my thyroid levels had dropped to 6.33.  The migraines stopped and the fog has lifted, but I still feel  like a slug. I can afford to be Hyper!!  Is it that big a deal for pharmaceutical companies to tell me how I feel? It's my body and I'm living in it.The synthetic's are not working for me, someone please think outside the box.
Risa615 commented on Risa615's status
46 mins ago
Risa615 It is still pretty warm in ... Comment
1 hr ago
Risa615 commented on photo
1 hr ago