hey just got diagnosed with hypo at 15 y/o.....dont like it at all....anyone got any tips?
hey my name's mady and i was just diagnosed with hashimotos about 2 months ago......meds have been all over the place and im not feeling my best.....anyone else in the same situation?   does anyone have any tips for hypothyroid?
Hi Mady,

Sorry it took so long ...I haven't been on in a bit.  I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well and you have to go through this.  Hang in there.  It sometimes takes a while to get the meds tweaked to where they need to be for you to feel optimal, but make sure you communicate well with your doctor, and keep on your doctor to work with you until YOU feel right, and not shrug you off.  Make sure you have a doctor that will do routine checks for your vitamin levels too.  Many people become deficient in certain vitamins as well, such as Vit-D or Vit-B12.  That's key.  That's the best advice I can give for now, along with eating healthy.  Stay away from the "white" stuff, meaning sugar, white flour, high salt, etc.  I feel best when I cut out the "bad" carbs from my diet.  I eat lots of lean protein and stay away from sugar and white flour (eat whole grain breads and pastas instead of white).
Good luck...hope you feel better soon!  Feel free to ask any questions you need!
Lori
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Risa615 commented on photo
Risa615 Hunter turns 3 in a week! Comment
Risa615 commented on veronica0808's status
Apr 28